Start by marking “Mac OS X Snow Leopard: The Missing Manual: The Missing Manual” as Want to Read:
Mac OS X Snow Leopard: The Missing Manual: The Missing Manual

Mac OS X Snow Leopard: The Missing Manual: The Missing Manual

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  6 reviews
For a company that promised to "put a pause on new features," Apple sure has been busy-there's barely a feature left untouched in Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard." There's more speed, more polish, more refinement-but still no manual. Fortunately, David Pogue is back, with the humor and expertise that have made this the #1 bestselling Mac book for eight years straight. You get ...more
Published October 8th 2009 by O'Reilly Media (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mac OS X Snow Leopard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Lisa Vegan
So far, I’ve probably read the least from this book compared to the other two books I bought for learning the changes there are with my new computer from my old computer. Unlike most books on my reference shelf, I haven’t yet read any of these books cover to cover; I’ll be continuing to use them as reference books.

This book seems less user friendly than my Snow Leopard Dummies book, but it’s full of useful information, and I’m grateful to have it to refer to.

I really like David Pogue's books; I
Angela Milora
for a person who frequently feels computer challenged, i thought it was easy to follow
Eric Wallace
As technical references go, this book (and the series, really) do a good job of describing the real hands-on details you may need to know. Admittedly, you probably won't be reading the book from cover to cover (me neither), but I found first few seconds quite helpful for getting up to speed fast. I especially like the first chapter, which in this series tends to focus on the nifty new features in a fairly fast survey that covers of a lot of territory.
John Bastin
David Pogue does his usually excellent job of explaining this version of Mac OS X in an entertaining and easily readable manner.
Good book for getting to the know the OS. Light on terminal stuff though.
Chris Mason
Excellent... now I've got to read the Lion update.
Koiyu added it
Apr 11, 2015
Ann Eickerman
Ann Eickerman marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Ryan added it
Feb 05, 2015
Sandra Cobaugh
Sandra Cobaugh is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Like this book? Join O'Reilly Media's fan group 1 3 Oct 20, 2009 10:59AM

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

David Pogue, Yale '85, is the weekly personal-technology columnist for the New York Times and an Emmy award-winning tech correspondent for CBS News. His funny tech videos appear weekly on CNBC. And with 3 million books in print, he is also one of the world's bestselling how- to authors. He wrote or co-wrote seven books in the "For Dummies" series (including Macs, Magic, Opera, and Classical Music)

More about David Pogue...
Abby Carnelia's One and Only Magical Power Classical Music for Dummies Pogue's Basics: Essential Tips and Shortcuts (That No One Bothers to Tell You) for Simplifying the Technology in Your Life Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual World According to Twitter