Start by marking “Ace Lacewing, Bug Detective: Bad Bugs Are My Business” as Want to Read:
Ace Lacewing, Bug Detective: Bad Bugs Are My Business

Ace Lacewing, Bug Detective: Bad Bugs Are My Business (Ace Lacewing)

When Scratch Murphy's flea bag full of dough goes missing, Ace Lacewing is on the case. With friends Xerces and Zito at his side, Ace searches Six Legs Park for clues. From the Termite Tower of Terror to Queenie Bee's Hive Rise Honey Stand, the place is crawling with suspects.
Published February 1st 2011 by Charlesbridge (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ace Lacewing, Bug Detective, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ace Lacewing, Bug Detective

Madeline Smoot
Aug 24, 2009 Madeline Smoot rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
In Motham City, only one bug detective is smart enough to solve the toughest cases. After following the clues, Ace hunts down the dirty bug responsible. Not quite as good as the original, but still it's a great bedtime read.
Karen
Sep 07, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My four-year-old son picked this book out from the library this week.

This book did keep my son engaged from start to finish, but I probably enjoyed it a lot more than he did. Many of the puns and bug jokes went right over his head. But even without catching most of the humor, my son liked this book: It was a mystery (Like Scooby Doo!) about bugs.

There is something really wonderful about Sam Spade meeting the insect world, and this insect world is such a fun place that it features and amusement
Dolly
Dec 04, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, mystery, 2009
This is a fun mystery in the Ace Lacewing series. It's got the hard boiled grit and witty dialogue of a pulp detective novel, but is interesting and fun for children. Our girls enjoyed watching the book on "Tumblebooks" (tumblebooks.com)
Ronda
I listened to this story as a read-aloud and frankly, I think I may have gotten more out of it than my students did because of all the puns. I need to try reading it aloud myself and see if it works better with some editorializing. I can see using this in a discussion of fiction vs. non-fiction, paired with some good non-fiction titles about insects featured in the story.
Aleece
Sep 05, 2013 Aleece rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A flea builds Six Legs Park and on his way to pay the bank back the loan they gave him someone drops a toolbox on his head and now his cash is missing.

Cute detective story that it appropriate for children 4-7. Some references may not be understood but the story still flows well and kids will understand the story itself.
Irina
This was a good book but it's better for older readers. My younger readers didn't find this book very interesting and had a hard time paying attention when I was reading. It did not grab their attention as some others.
Jodi Spillane
Kids will love finding all the "bug" details in the pictures throughout the book "Be a book bug, Read!"
Jen
Jun 20, 2011 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
good for older kids
Jessalyn King
Jul 13, 2014 Jessalyn King rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was really sweet. I'm curious to know what kids think of it, though. There was a lot of lovey dovey-ness. And I was definitely hearing the old detective voice in my head as I read.
Miss Ryoko
Cute story with some fantastic illustrations! I love how detailed they are and how much you see if you really look at it all!
Colette
Jan 25, 2016 Colette rated it liked it
Mystery, bugs, and bug humor, this book is for you! Biedrzycki has a way with the obvious, but also with getting every last pun in he can. Fun book!
Theresa
Ace Lacewing, Bug Detective: Bad Bugs Are My Business by Biedrzycki, David is a book about when something is wrong with sixlegs park
Nicole
A bug-themed intro to the film noir style mystery.
Ashley C
Nov 10, 2014 Ashley C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My kids love all three of the Ace Lacewing books.
Tina Bartholoma
bugs, mystery, detective, amusement, ark
Lani
Jul 29, 2015 Lani rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Great illustrations and cute little story. A little long and wordy for young/new readers, but still enjoyable for a storytime.
Lenna
Great for introducing the genre: mystery.
Erica Handley
Erica Handley rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2010
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2013
Tara Clinkscale
Tara Clinkscale rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
Sandy Albarado
Sandy Albarado rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2016
Lindsay Ross-Roberts
Lindsay Ross-Roberts rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2017
Laura rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2011
Lara
Lara rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014