Start by marking “The Naked Gardener” as Want to Read:
The Naked Gardener

Read Excerpt

The Naked Gardener

In a remote forest of northern Vermont, Katelyn Cross takes five women on a wilderness canoe trip where they hope to come up with ideas for saving their dying town. Although the river is not always what it seems and the women have not left their problems behind, a painting ritual creates a new way to look at the world - and themselves. Artist Katelyn Cross loves Greg Mazur ...more
Published August 17th 2010 by Createspace (first published July 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Naked Gardener, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Naked Gardener

L.C. Evans
Mar 03, 2011 L.C. Evans rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written, this is the story of Katelyn. She's afraid of change, afraid to trust her feelings for her lover Maze, and not sure what she wants to do with her life. The author brings the setting to life with wonderful details. The characters are likable and the ending satisfies.
Suzanne
Mar 05, 2011 Suzanne rated it it was ok
I rate this book a 2.5. I really enjoyed the part where the ladies go on the canoe trip. But liked the story about Kaitlyn and Maze less. I would be interested in reading a follow-up if there was one.
Mona
Apr 23, 2012 Mona rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
An incredible tale of a woman's self-discovery, this could be Any Woman's story of love, heartache, doubt, fear of commitment, joy, and friendship. The insight into Katelyn's thought processes makes it a work of art. Absolutely one of the best books I've read in a while.
Joanie
I won this through The Next Best Bookclub. It's about 6 women who take a canoe trip together as they try to come up with a plan to save their little Vermont town. I liked the concept a bit more than I liked it in execution but it wasn't bad.
Jessica
May 06, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
I'm a gardener and I like the books hippie feel. However the characters were two dimensional. It was like reading a rough draft. Everything could have had a bit more to it. I liked it for a non engaging easy beach read.
Nancy Houston Fields
The tale of a group of women who take on the task of bringing a small Northeastern town back to life, when the men have already resigned themselves to giving up.
Amy Lillard
Aug 19, 2011 Amy Lillard rated it really liked it
Shelves: women-s-fiction
It's a great read. Very poetically written. Empowering and eye opening. It's about self-acceptance and learning how to pick oneself up and keep on going even over life's smallest speed bumps.
Yvonne
Apr 01, 2011 Yvonne rated it liked it
A delightful tale, makes you want to run outside and start gardening naked ....oh, the delicious freedom that would bring
Mary Seely
Apr 15, 2012 Mary Seely rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It's a free download from Kindle.
Kimbra
Jan 07, 2013 Kimbra rated it really liked it
I admit, the title had me curious, but ended up being a fun, easy read. Very amusing.
Janet
Jan 21, 2012 Janet rated it liked it
I enjoyed this quirky tale
janet
May 18, 2012 janet rated it liked it
Chick lit with a splash of canoeing, camping and gardening. Good read for the genre and interesting mix of characters. The women span different age groups adding interest to the storyline.
Cortney
Dec 04, 2012 Cortney rated it really liked it
Fast -good read
Alexandra
Mar 22, 2012 Alexandra rated it really liked it
I was a great story, about women, friendship and the obstacles we put on ourselves, and how to sometimes overcome them.
Jen Cameron
Jan 22, 2012 Jen Cameron rated it it was ok
Quick easy fluffy read. Fun, but the characters were very stereotypical.
Linda
Feb 27, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
As a gardener I loved this book. Also loved the relationship between the women. It was easy to read and a great vacation book
Carol
Aug 04, 2012 Carol rated it liked it
Light and fun reading. Very inexpensive e-book download.
Jen
Apr 11, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it
The title caught my attention. What a great book about getting beyond your self image, to what is underneath as well as female friendship.
Kimberly
May 16, 2011 Kimberly rated it did not like it
Just couldn't get into this one. Did not finish.
Reading For Sanity
Dec 15, 2010 Reading For Sanity rated it liked it
read this review and others at http://readingforsanity.blogspot.com/...
Whitney Oaks
Jan 21, 2012 Whitney Oaks rated it really liked it
Surprisingly, I really liked this book. It makes me wish, even more, that I could live in a house in the woods instead of an apartment. I would very much like to garden naked. LOL.
Beverly
Jan 07, 2014 Beverly rated it really liked it
Fast and fun to read!
Scarlet
Scarlet rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Marcia Ernst
Marcia Ernst rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Rozi Marsh
Rozi Marsh rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2012
Sheri
Sheri rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Kendra
Kendra rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2010
What prompted me to write about a woman who gardens naked. 3 12 Jun 05, 2013 06:01AM
  • Best Friends
  • The Art of Devotion
  • The Wife Of Reilly
  • Nipped in the Bud
  • Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
  • Three Moons Over Sedona
  • Three Steps to Heaven (The Raiders, #1)
  • Winnemucca, a small-town fairy tale
  • The Big Five-OH!
  • Negative Image (Constable Molly Smith #4)
  • Country Girls
  • The Perfect Plan
  • Down to the Bone
  • Addicted to Love
  • Sweet Tea (The Tea Series, #2)
  • Golden Lies