Start by marking “Sporting Wood” as Want to Read:
Sporting Wood

Sporting Wood (Immortal Cravings)

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  193 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Part of the Immortal Cravings series.

What happens when a werewolf and a dryad meet in the forest at night? For Cooper and Kyla, the result is smoldering-hot passion beyond anything they've ever known.

Even though there’s no real future for a botany professor and a nymph who lives in a tree, Coop keeps returning, night after night, for the steamiest sex of his life. When the

ebook, Naughty Nooners, 26 pages
Published August 2010 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Sporting Wood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sporting Wood

Thom Swennes
To anyone old enough to have watched and remembered the musical Paint Your Wagon should certainly remember the song ‘I Talk to the Trees’. What then may have seemed as an asinine pastime or ability now finally takes on meaning. This adds a twist to the one longest human act; sex. Cooper Marceski is a professor of botany and in his capacity as scientist and teacher he spends countless hours in the surrounding forests. Another trait Coop displays is transforming periodically into a werewolf. On on ...more
Smash
Oh man, this was a cheesy one. It definitely reminds me of why I don't read typical romance/erotica most of the time. I did enjoy the characters, and it being a novella, things had to move quickly. I get that. The setting was cool, too, but the ending just killed it for me. It was just too easy. I did enjoy the campy phrasing though, like "hump a knothole," "keep your twigs off mine" and "nice piece of timber he's sporting." Heh.
DGS
I have a confession to make. I am a non-discriminating Free Kindle book WHORE. I will download ANY romance/erotica novel if it is free. That being said, I have no one to blame but myself when said free book ends up being a POS.

Since all of the "Naughty Nooners" sport the same cover, you really can't judge a book by its cover. Which is a pity. Based on the title of this book alone, I thought it may be about a randy baseball player or a randy carpenter. I had no idea that the book would be about a
Rebecca Rose
So, what happens when a werewolf and a dryad meet one night deep in the forest? Well, instant passion and and Hot sex, of course.

Cooper can't get enough of his little Nymph, Kyla. He returns night after night and soon their forbidden union turns to love and it's up to Kyla to figure out how she can keep her man.
Warning: M/F erotic sex, talking trees and one naked man.

This is a really adorable short. With only 28 pages, readers get what they asked for. Ms. Pape did a wonderful job with character
Adriana Bookologist
Sporting Wood by Cindy Spencer Pape

What an interesting hookup, a werewolf and a tree nymph. There was lots of humor in this short story and some hot loving between Coop and Kyla. I enjoyed reading it. The thought that came to mind after I finished it was ‘a bird and fish could fall in love but where would the live’? Well if they were paranormals, anywhere they want.

Favorite funnies etc…

“Don’t even think about it, Fido.”

“Damn, her voice was awfully sexy for being a tree. Coop wasn’t sure he was c
Amanda
I read this because I wanted some erotica and, honestly, can you really pass up that title? No. Not if you're as easily amused as I am. So, I got my erotica. Well, mostly. Honestly, I would have liked less romance in this; it was okay, but rushed given the short length (the length of the book, mind you, not the length of Cooper; if Kyla is to be believed, he was quite a satisfactory length). And, really romance is not why I read erotica. (If you know what I mean. *smarmy wink*) More sex, less ro ...more
Alexandra Rolo
Não tem muito que saber, para conhecer a história basta ler a sinopse. No entanto a escrita tem uma certa qualidade a que a Ellora's Cave já nos habituou. Ao contrário do que acontece em muitos contos deste género, o Sporting Wood (título muito infeliz) não é apenas uma longa descrição de várias cenas de sexo.
É uma curta leitura que podem encontrar gratuitamente na kindle store.

in: http://livrosportodolado.wordpress.co...
Caro
This was another good freebie. I liked the characters and the plot. There was some steam, romance, humor, some action thrown in, and the basics of a romance novel. This was short and to the point but was fun to read and a one-sitter. (Read in one sitting) I wouldn't mind reading this again, just for a pick-me-up read or for something to read that'll make me smile, especially without a lot of time. Great for an anytime read. Completely Enjoy!
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
A cute story. Thin on characterization, as these type of short stories tend to be, but the characters are given enough personality and individuality to make them more than just sterotypes. The sex is good, but not as sizzling as some. A worthwhile quick read if you're just looking to kill a half hour or so with something steamy.
Heather
Hot..hot..HOT!!!
Amy
The only reason I didn't score this higher is because the ending could've been drawn out a little. However, this was a wonderful book with characters you quickly found yourself rooting for. I can't wait to read more in the series.
Heather in FL
I've never read a story about a love between a dryad and a werewolf. Heck, I've never read about a dryad, lol. But it was a cute, story story. Not super explicit, but it IS a Naughty Nooner, so of course there is sex.
ChaosDuchess
This was a cute story. Of course, it's also a short story. For it's length it was done very well. The characters were so interesting, I wished we could have spent more time with them.
AJPattz
Pretty good erotic short story. Liked that it had the element of dryads and nymphs. That's something new to explore.
KyBunnies
Aug 22, 2011 KyBunnies rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to KyBunnies by: Amazon
Very good short story. I enjoyed the plot. This was a free book in the Kindle store.
Julie
Surprising amount of story and not just PWP.
Christine
Just what a short novella should be.
Nancy
need more dryad romance !
Martha
Aug 31, 2011 Martha marked it as won-t-finish
Kindle Edition.
Samantha Anderson
Samantha Anderson marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Jessica Booth
Jessica Booth marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Cathy Wigton
Cathy Wigton marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
  • Remembered Love (Naughty Nooners)
  • Saying Yes
  • Spirit Lifter (Phantom Lovers #4)
  • Reaper's Justice (WesternWind #7.5)
  • Tessa's Ambassador
  • Interlude in Pearl (Pearl #2.5)
  • Stockholm Seduction
  • City of Sin
  • Seychelles Sunset (Cougar Challenge #2.5)
  • Larkspur (Flowers of Camelot #5)
  • Maui Heat
  • Erotique (Naughty Nooners)
  • Message for Minerva (Garland of Druids, #9)
  • Discovering Sofia
  • Stakeout for Love
  • Emerald Green
  • Haunted by the Past
  • Her Very Special Robot
Cindy Spencer Pape has been, among other things, a banker, a teacher, and an elected politician, though she swears she got better. She volunteers in environmental education, when she can fit it in around writing. She lives in Michigan with her husband, two teenage sons, a dog, a lizard, and various other small creatures, all of which are easier to clean up after than the three male humans.
More about Cindy Spencer Pape...
Steam & Sorcery (Gaslight Chronicles, #1) Photographs & Phantoms (Gaslight Chronicles, #2) Kilts & Kraken (Gaslight Chronicles, #3) Moonlight & Mechanicals (Gaslight Chronicles, #4) Motor City Fae (Urban Arcana, #1)

“Her body was designed for pleasure, not speed, and Coop intended to take his time with it.” 5 likes
“Don’t even think about it, Fido.” 1 likes