Start by marking “Exit Wound (Nick Stone, #12)” as Want to Read:
Exit Wound (Nick Stone, #12)

Exit Wound (Nick Stone #12)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  859 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
OPPORTUNITY

Three tons of Saddam Hussein's gold in an unguarded warehouse in Dubai. For two of Nick Stone's closest ex-SAS comrades, it should have been the perfect, victimless crime...

DOUBLECROSS

But when the robbery goes devastatingly wrong, only Stone can identify his friends' killer and track him down...

PAYBACK

Stone's quest for revenge becomes a terrifying journey to the
Published September 16th 2010 by Corgi (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Exit Wound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exit Wound

Jamie Spiller
Jan 28, 2015 Jamie Spiller rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Exit Wound, in my perspective, is again taking us all to that nasty and dark place. Not many writers can take you to that same place that Nick Stone dwells. The book starts off on the other side of the Berlin wall, and there is a short moment of Nick using a flashlight. This may not sound interesting to average person, but after he's finished "using" it, he turns it on and proceeds to search for something, which is what the creator intended it to do. Later on in the novel, Nick meets up with two ...more
Jim Whitefield
Sep 19, 2013 Jim Whitefield rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Number 12 in the Nick Stone series and Andy McNab is still at his best; he never fails to deliver. Another terrific story, full of twists and turns. A small group of old army mates, who decide include Nick Stone, attempt to steal some solid gold gates Sadam had had made before his demise. Stored in six crates, they no longer 'belong' to anyone, and as no one else seems to know about them, no one will miss them. When things go wrong (as of course they always do), a deniable ops mission develops. ...more
Damien Richards
Jun 03, 2014 Damien Richards rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first McNab book I'd read in years and my first Stone novel.
liked the details which with some books I don't. it shows how methodical he is. after all it is told from a first person prospective.
The story/plot is intelligent and builds nicely once you get halfway through.
Since reading this I've read five more Stone books and the excellent Tom Buckingham Red Notice.
Richard Stephens
highly disappointed! lacks a lot of the smooth plot of other McNabb books, jumps all over the place and was confusing
Alexa Jeffs
May 30, 2015 Alexa Jeffs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Nick Stone book I have read and have to admit I really enjoyed it, lots of action, twists and turns
Rkphilip
Different writing as compared to Robert Ludlum et al.
Good Reading.
Mevlit Suleyman
Feb 21, 2014 Mevlit Suleyman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't get enough of nick stone!!!!!
This book takes you too through all sorts of emotions, pain , heartache , but I could not help myself going through it with him ! I thank Andy mcnabb for bringing me a such fantastic novels ! Nice one
Freddygaming
Nothing really exciting happend aside from only one part at around the first 3rd of the book. The ending was anticlimactic and you knew all the way throught the book. I barely gave it a 3/5 and i was forgiving.
Max
Dec 23, 2011 Max rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Even in its genre, this is a particularly poorly written book. Normally I read such books during travel, and don't really care its worth less than toilet paper. This time it ended up on my freshly bought E-reader, as part of a welcome package. It was the first book I tried, and it made me hate the new thing.. only exceptionally bad books are able to do that. Luckily the next book made me enjoy it again.
Chris Harrison
Sep 02, 2011 Chris Harrison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final Nick Stone episode (for now) and one of the best, reminded me of the film 3 kings at the start. The book was fast paced and tense, good ending and glad that once the finale happened there was a few pages to finish off the story which I have found frustrating with the Nick Stone series in the past. Overall a very enjoyable read and hopefully not the last we will hear of Nick Stone.
Marcin
Feb 13, 2010 Marcin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Big Shell
There are nothing "wrong" with this book per se, except that I'm getting the vibe that Andy McNab is sick of the series and he's now just doing the run of the mills. His writing techniques are still incredible, and if this is the first Nick Stone book I've read I would've loved it; but it lacked the souls of the previous books.
Aaron
Oct 02, 2012 Aaron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favourite Andy McNab book so far, I still have several more to read! Its amazingly written, action packed, right from the first page and kept me on edge until the very last sentence. I took the time to google army jargon and lyrics of songs as I went along, and I felt even more like I was really there.
Lee Garner
This was my first Andy McNab book and I enjoyed it! I thought the scenes are very descriptively written that put me right in the thick of the action. There were a few dull moments in this for me but the more explosive parts more than made up for that. Will be getting the other books!
Kate
Jan 17, 2013 Kate rated it it was ok
Shelves: action
First Andy McNabb book I've read, pity it wasn't one of his best. I may come back to him again, but not in a rush. I certainly didn't hate it but had several periods of ennui where I had to push myself not to skip over bits. It was relatively easy reading (when I wasn't bored) though.
Paul
Apr 20, 2014 Paul rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed all of the Andy McNab books thus far in the Nick Stone series. Though "Exit Wound" is by far the best book. About a third of the way into it it takes a great turn and a good book became a great book.
Rod
Jul 18, 2010 Rod rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Andy's best book. Nick Drake seemed a little one-dimensional. Perhaps it was his missing family or love interest. Whatever it was this reader was not too concerned as to the outcome of the plot.
Kaylol
Jul 20, 2013 Kaylol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There was a bit too much military jargon especially at first. The story was ok, but reading it was not as exciting as one would think it would be.
Jim
Aug 28, 2012 Jim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you've never read Andy mcnab before try a different one. This is ok but nothing really new enough to get the interest up too much. I
Crusader
Mar 15, 2011 Crusader rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-read
A good action romp with a simple enough plot. Great for those times when you want to take a break from something complex.
Alan
Jan 29, 2010 Alan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A reasonable action page turner. Somehwat formulaic, but hey sometimes a trashy action book is what you need... :-)
Russell
Jul 15, 2011 Russell rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Slower paced than all the other McNab books I've read. Better towards the end but not enough going on to really engage.
Datamaggot
Aug 06, 2012 Datamaggot rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Poorly researched. This book is filled with technicnal inaccuracies, truly was difficult to get through.
Caz Ward
Feb 26, 2011 Caz Ward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Certainly not short of twists and turns in the plot!
Ian
Jun 29, 2012 Ian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's just say - AVERAGE.

Easy reading, but not memorable.
Rob
Feb 03, 2013 Rob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably Andy McNab's best book so far. Great ending
Peter
Jul 12, 2015 Peter rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miltary, thriller
This was a very good book, I liked it alot.
Roy McDine
Jan 15, 2013 Roy McDine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Terrific plot and unputdownable read.
Adit Lal
Oct 11, 2012 Adit Lal is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Just started and it is amazing
Jaikumar Velayudham
excellent story telling/fast paced
Can anyone explain the last sentence? 2 9 Aug 04, 2014 03:13PM
  • The Increment (Matt Browning, #2)
  • The Hijack (Stratton, #2)
  • Without Prejudice
  • 3 Para
Andy McNab joined the infantry in 1976 as a boy soldier. In 1984 he was badged as a member of 22 SAS Regiment. He served in B Squadron 22 SAS for ten years and worked on both covert and overt special operations worldwide, including anti-terrorist and anti-drug operations in the Middle and Far East, South and Central America and Northern Ireland.

Trained as a specialist in counter terrorism, prime t
More about Andy McNab...

Nick Stone (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Remote Control (Nick Stone, #1)
  • Crisis Four (Nick Stone, #2)
  • Firewall (Nick Stone, #3)
  • Last Light (Nick Stone, #4)
  • Liberation Day (Nick Stone, #5)
  • Dark Winter (Nick Stone, #6)
  • Deep Black (Nick Stone, #7)
  • Aggressor (Nick Stone, #8)
  • Recoil (Nick Stone, #9)
  • Crossfire (Nick Stone, #10)