Exit Wound (Nick Stone, #12)

Exit Wound (Nick Stone #12)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  521 ratings  ·  25 reviews
OPPORTUNITY

Three tons of Saddam Hussein's gold in an unguarded warehouse in Dubai. For two of Nick Stone's closest ex-SAS comrades, it should have been the perfect, victimless crime...

DOUBLECROSS

But when the robbery goes devastatingly wrong, only Stone can identify his friends' killer and track him down...

PAYBACK

Stone's quest for revenge becomes a terrifying journey to the...more
Published September 16th 2010 by Corgi

Jamie Spiller
Exit Wound, in my perspective, is again taking us all to that nasty and dark place. Not many writers can take you to that same place that Nick Stone dwells. The book starts off on the other side of the Berlin wall, and there is a short moment of Nick using a flashlight. This may not sound interesting to average person, but after he's finished "using" it, he turns it on and proceeds to search for something, which is what the creator intended it to do. Later on in the novel, Nick meets up with two...more
Jim Whitefield
Number 12 in the Nick Stone series and Andy McNab is still at his best; he never fails to deliver. Another terrific story, full of twists and turns. A small group of old army mates, who decide include Nick Stone, attempt to steal some solid gold gates Sadam had had made before his demise. Stored in six crates, they no longer 'belong' to anyone, and as no one else seems to know about them, no one will miss them. When things go wrong (as of course they always do), a deniable ops mission develops....more
Richard Cook
Another mostly well-written action thriller from McNab. A little thin on story in this one - running out of ideas perhaps? - but the usual elements of his stories were all there. I like the way he kind of summarises things and how everybody ends up right at the end. It worked well in this book in particular, because there had been a couple of loose ends that I had forgotten all about. the bizarre thing was though, the first part of the book was very well writte, very tense and edgy, and the last...more
Mevlit Suleyman
I can't get enough of nick stone!!!!!
This book takes you too through all sorts of emotions, pain , heartache , but I could not help myself going through it with him ! I thank Andy mcnabb for bringing me a such fantastic novels ! Nice one
Max
Even in its genre, this is a particularly poorly written book. Normally I read such books during travel, and don't really care its worth less than toilet paper. This time it ended up on my freshly bought E-reader, as part of a welcome package. It was the first book I tried, and it made me hate the new thing.. only exceptionally bad books are able to do that. Luckily the next book made me enjoy it again.
Chris Harrison
The final Nick Stone episode (for now) and one of the best, reminded me of the film 3 kings at the start. The book was fast paced and tense, good ending and glad that once the finale happened there was a few pages to finish off the story which I have found frustrating with the Nick Stone series in the past. Overall a very enjoyable read and hopefully not the last we will hear of Nick Stone.
Marcin
Big Shell
There are nothing "wrong" with this book per se, except that I'm getting the vibe that Andy McNab is sick of the series and he's now just doing the run of the mills. His writing techniques are still incredible, and if this is the first Nick Stone book I've read I would've loved it; but it lacked the souls of the previous books.
Aaron
This is my favourite Andy McNab book so far, I still have several more to read! Its amazingly written, action packed, right from the first page and kept me on edge until the very last sentence. I took the time to google army jargon and lyrics of songs as I went along, and I felt even more like I was really there.
Lee Garner
This was my first Andy McNab book and I enjoyed it! I thought the scenes are very descriptively written that put me right in the thick of the action. There were a few dull moments in this for me but the more explosive parts more than made up for that. Will be getting the other books!
Kate
Jan 17, 2013 Kate rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: action
First Andy McNabb book I've read, pity it wasn't one of his best. I may come back to him again, but not in a rush. I certainly didn't hate it but had several periods of ennui where I had to push myself not to skip over bits. It was relatively easy reading (when I wasn't bored) though.
Paul Chandler
I have enjoyed all of the Andy McNab books thus far in the Nick Stone series. Though "Exit Wound" is by far the best book. About a third of the way into it it takes a great turn and a good book became a great book.
Rod
Not Andy's best book. Nick Drake seemed a little one-dimensional. Perhaps it was his missing family or love interest. Whatever it was this reader was not too concerned as to the outcome of the plot.
Kaylol
There was a bit too much military jargon especially at first. The story was ok, but reading it was not as exciting as one would think it would be.
Jim
If you've never read Andy mcnab before try a different one. This is ok but nothing really new enough to get the interest up too much. I
Crusader
A good action romp with a simple enough plot. Great for those times when you want to take a break from something complex.
Alan
A reasonable action page turner. Somehwat formulaic, but hey sometimes a trashy action book is what you need... :-)
Russell
Slower paced than all the other McNab books I've read. Better towards the end but not enough going on to really engage.
Datamaggot
Poorly researched. This book is filled with technicnal inaccuracies, truly was difficult to get through.
Caz Ward
Certainly not short of twists and turns in the plot!
Ian
Let's just say - AVERAGE.

Easy reading, but not memorable.
Rob
Probably Andy McNab's best book so far. Great ending
Roy McDine
Terrific plot and unputdownable read.
Adit Lal
Oct 11, 2012 Adit Lal is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Just started and it is amazing
Jaikumar Velayudham
excellent story telling/fast paced
Graham
Graham marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Britt
Britt marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Can anyone explain the last sentence? 1 5 Oct 02, 2012 06:42AM
  • The Increment (Matt Browning, #2)
  • To The Death (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #10)
  • Clean Kill (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #3)
  • Hot Blood (Dan Shepherd, #4)
  • Flirting with Temptation
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Try Fear
  • Pinocchio in Venice
  • Spitting Off Tall Buildings
Andy McNab joined the infantry in 1976 as a boy soldier. In 1984 he was badged as a member of 22 SAS Regiment. He served in B Squadron 22 SAS for ten years and worked on both covert and overt special operations worldwide, including anti-terrorist and anti-drug operations in the Middle and Far East, South and Central America and Northern Ireland.

Trained as a specialist in counter terrorism, prime t...more
More about Andy McNab...
Bravo Two Zero Remote Control (Nick Stone, #1) Immediate Action Firewall (Nick Stone, #3) Crisis Four (Nick Stone, #2)