Start by marking “The Adventures of Medical Man: Kids' Illnesses and Injuries Explained” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Medical Man: Kids' Illnesses and Injuries Explained

The Adventures of Medical Man: Kids' Illnesses and Injuries Explained

2.95 of 5 stars 2.95  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Being sick or injured is no fun for children, but not knowing what is happening may be worse.

Enter Dr. Michael Evans, who will explain to young readers everything they need to know when an illness or injury occurs. Uniquely structured around five different movie genres and one comic book, each chapter features a common illness or injury with Dr. Mike in the starring role,
Published August 12th 2010 by Annick Press

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Medical Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Medical Man

This book taught me a lot about the main illnesses that are the most common in children: allergic reactions, concussions, broken bones, strep throat, ear infections and asthma. I really liked this book because it was not about all the facts, there were plenty of diagrams and pictures that went along great with the text. Even though this book is informational, the author used fictional stories to explain to us these illnesses. This book kept me interested because of these things.
Canadian Children's Book Centre
The cover of this book will remind those of you who were around in the ’60s of that classic science fiction film, Fantastic Voyage. Our intrepid author, Dr. Michael Evans, is charging through a blood vessel, dodging red blood cells, on his way to fight some evil disease or injury. The story finds Dr. Evans taking on a superhero persona in five mini-movies (and one comic book) that explain what happens to the body when it is attacked by common childhood invaders – concussion, broken bones, strep ...more
Anastasia202
Okay, I love learning about health and the human body (health is one of my fave subjects), but this book wasn't appealing to me. First of all, the cartoons and comics weren't interesting, and most importantly...the information given was not true or precise. Thank god I don't have any health problems, like allergies or asthma.
"If you're a kid with allergies, you have an extra-powerful immune system." That is close to the truth, but the wording of the sentence is not proper. People have allergies
Kathy
Grade 2-4: Author Dr Michael Evans takes on various "movie" roles to illustrate various illnesses and injuries that can affect kids. Very similar in idea and tone to the Magic School Bus series, this takes on nut allergies (Dr and patient kept from lifesaving treatment at Gov't lab), concussion (Dr as private investigator using clues to find a diagnosis for a girl's missing bicycle), broken bones (Dr as Victorian werewolf hunter), strep throat (Dr as Batman-like superhero fighting a villain bloc ...more
Yonina
I found this book to be very informational.It answer many of my questions and did it and a unqiue way.I think that thought the author could have gone deeper an made some of the more obvious queston a little more clear, like how many antibodies are in you?This book wasn't a dud but it isn't something i want to read over again.But as a factualy resoure it ws very help.Overall was alright.
Mitch
I thought this book was a very educational, quick read. I think this book is great for people who want to learn while they read and it is amazing for people who like comic books. The people I wouldn't recomend this book to are people that only like novels. This is NOT a novel. If you are looking to read a book within less than a week or so, this book is definitely for you!!
Mikayla
I thought this book was very interesting because the author tells you about the injury or illness i a story. Although it was interesting i found it to be a bit childish and a quick read. If you were looking for more of a book that tells you information about the injuries or illnesses i wouldn't recommend this book. Its more about stories about people who had these problems.
Celina
so what I found is that it does state the facts but I found the comic side to it didn't fit and made it seem more childish and take away attention for the facts. The one part I found cool was when they were talking about the breaking bones and showed the images with sticks. The information was there but it seemed like it wasn't. That's why I rate this book two stars.
Caleb
If you want a quick read that is educational for you and a comic book this book is for you if you like novals dont read this beacuse it is a comic book. I found it intoresting in some parts and not so intoresting in others but overall great book.
Jacob Clarke
This book is like a teacher and a doctor smushed together. It wasn't my favourite book but it taught me stuff I didn't even know before
OhWell
A confusing and convoluted way of delivering information...
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
Ian Pineda
Ian Pineda marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2013
Mandeep
Mandeep marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Sjh LearningCommons
Sjh LearningCommons marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Homelands
Homelands marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Eryn
Eryn added it
Apr 29, 2013
Son Of A Snitch Over in the Meadow 68 Knots The Death of Kings: Royal Deaths in Medieval England Son of a Snitch part 2 - The Bastard