Start by marking “Path of the Sun” as Want to Read:
Path of the Sun

Path of the Sun (Dhulyn and Parno #4)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  156 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
On their search for two missing Mercenary Brothers, Dhulyn Wolfshead and Parno Lionsmane must track a serial killer into the Path of the Sun-an ancient labyrinth from which few people return...
Published September 1st 2010 by Daw Books

To ask other readers questions about Path of the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Path of the Sun

Joseph
Feb 12, 2014 Joseph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Dhulyn & Parno books are largely standalone and self-contained; they take place in different parts of the world with different casts of characters. Mention is sometimes made of previous events, but you don't need to have read the previous books to understand what's going on.

Having said that, in this book I was happy to be reintroduced to some old friends from the first volume of the series. Again, there's trouble brewing -- this time Dhulyn & Parno find themselves tracking a serial k
Kay
May 12, 2013 Kay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you've read any of my other reviews, you'll know that I can be brutally honest, but I also tend to forgive a lot, and always focus on the positives. I've also never rated anything lower than 3 stars, even when I didn't like the book. With that in mind...

This book was terribly written. I'm shocked to learn that it's the fourth in a series; if the author has written three other books, she should be better at it by now. I am also very disappointed in DAW for publishing something of so low qualit
Jessica Strider
Aug 11, 2011 Jessica Strider rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pros: detailed fantasy world, interesting characters

Cons: not a standalone, slow moving at times

Path of the Sun has Dhulyn and Parno, Mercenary Brother partners, involved in a murder mystery in the Menoin Tarkinate.

They come escorting the Tarkin's bride-to-be, but a grisly murder causes them to pass through a Caid ruin, the Path of the Sun, in pursuit of the killer. The path leads to another world where those Marked with the powers of Healing, Finding, Mending and Seeing - like Dhulyn - are brok
April
Jul 20, 2014 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, fantasy
Quite nerve-wracking in a way I can't explain because it gives too much away. Another excellent adventure with Dhuyllin and Parno. Also another great couple of characters from a previous adventure share in the fun this time around.
Emily
Mar 03, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love Dhulyn and Parno. I love their relationship with each other, the way they deal with outsiders, and how they are two very different people even though they are bonded so well. I really appreciate the work that Ms Malan has done creating such memorable characters and also creating great plots that don't revolve around conflict all the time. There is never conflict between Dhulyn and Parno and yet the stories always move forward effortlessly. I think this is a sign of a strong writer. Every ...more
Sara Myhre
Feb 16, 2015 Sara Myhre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these characters and this series! I highly recommend them! The first book is called The Sleeping God.
Karen Dales
Nov 16, 2012 Karen Dales rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so happy to get my hands on Path of the Sun. I felt as though I had waited forever for it to come out in paperback. Needless to say, when I picked it up Path of the Sun immediately went to the top of my TBR mountain. I was not dissappointed. The characters and story drew me in and wouldn't let me go until I finished it. Now I can't wait for the next in the series!
M.L. Rose
Oct 21, 2010 M.L. Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
This duo is just as much fun in this novel as the others. I am a bit stymied by the ending but I am looking forward to the next book to see if it continues where this one stopped.
Bobbi
Oct 25, 2010 Bobbi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love every one of the Dhulyn and Parno books, but had to take away a star because of the cliffhanger to be continued ending. Then again, guaranteed sequel ...
Thomas Walcher
Oct 03, 2011 Thomas Walcher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only problem with this book is that it ended in the middle of the story and I have no idea when the next one will be out.
Sam
Nov 30, 2011 Sam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMGTHEENDING. The next book in this series cannot come fast enough. Excellent series, great read.
Beth Meade
I love this duo, can't wait to see what they are up to.

Bah ending sucked! SUCKED!
Sheree Ross
Dec 07, 2012 Sheree Ross rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good book in this series, but the ending was a clifhanger!
Kaaren
Oct 09, 2010 Kaaren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Loved it, can't wait for more.
Jasper
Jasper rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Gabriel Martinez
Gabriel Martinez marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Thomas
Thomas added it
Jan 18, 2016
Rex
Rex is currently reading it
Jan 30, 2016
Araceli
Araceli marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Stanley Faris
Stanley Faris marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Jennifer Beeson
Jennifer Beeson marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Thain
Thain rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2015
Paige
Paige rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2015
mbramblett2000
mbramblett2000 rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Andrea D
Andrea D rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Harmony
Harmony marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
  • Warcry  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #4)
  • The Destroyer Goddess (Chronicles of Sirkara, #3)
  • Shadow Magic (Havemercy #2)
  • Treason's Shore (Inda, #4)
  • Devlin's Honor (Sword of Change, #2)
  • The Soul Mirror (Collegia Magica, #2)
  • Need A House? Call Ms. Mouse
  • Glimpses: A Collection of Nightrunner Short Stories
  • Sword and Shadow (Sword in Exile, #3)
  • Child of Saturn (The Green Lion Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Nocturne (Indigo, #4)
  • Gilfeather (Isles of Glory, #2)
  • Salute the Dark (Shadows of the Apt, #4)
  • Voyage of the Shadowmoon

Dhulyn and Parno (4 books)
  • The Sleeping God (Dhulyn and Parno, #1)
  • The Soldier King (Dhulyn and Parno, #2)
  • The Storm Witch (Dhulyn and Parno, #3)