Start by marking “Path of the Sun: A Novel of Dhulyn and Parno” as Want to Read:
Path of the Sun: A Novel of Dhulyn and Parno

Path of the Sun: A Novel of Dhulyn and Parno (Dhulyn and Parno #4)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  14 reviews
On their search for two missing Mercenary Brothers, Dhulyn Wolfshead and Parno Lionsmane must track a serial killer into the Path of the Sun-an ancient labyrinth from which few people return...
Published September 1st 2010 by Daw Books

To ask other readers questions about Path of the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Path of the Sun

Joseph
The Dhulyn & Parno books are largely standalone and self-contained; they take place in different parts of the world with different casts of characters. Mention is sometimes made of previous events, but you don't need to have read the previous books to understand what's going on.

Having said that, in this book I was happy to be reintroduced to some old friends from the first volume of the series. Again, there's trouble brewing -- this time Dhulyn & Parno find themselves tracking a serial k
Kaylee Thompson
If you've read any of my other reviews, you'll know that I can be brutally honest, but I also tend to forgive a lot, and always focus on the positives. I've also never rated anything lower than 3 stars, even when I didn't like the book. With that in mind...

This book was terribly written. I'm shocked to learn that it's the fourth in a series; if the author has written three other books, she should be better at it by now. I am also very disappointed in DAW for publishing something of so low qualit
Jessica Strider
Pros: detailed fantasy world, interesting characters

Cons: not a standalone, slow moving at times

Path of the Sun has Dhulyn and Parno, Mercenary Brother partners, involved in a murder mystery in the Menoin Tarkinate.

They come escorting the Tarkin's bride-to-be, but a grisly murder causes them to pass through a Caid ruin, the Path of the Sun, in pursuit of the killer. The path leads to another world where those Marked with the powers of Healing, Finding, Mending and Seeing - like Dhulyn - are brok
April
Quite nerve-wracking in a way I can't explain because it gives too much away. Another excellent adventure with Dhuyllin and Parno. Also another great couple of characters from a previous adventure share in the fun this time around.
Emily
I love Dhulyn and Parno. I love their relationship with each other, the way they deal with outsiders, and how they are two very different people even though they are bonded so well. I really appreciate the work that Ms Malan has done creating such memorable characters and also creating great plots that don't revolve around conflict all the time. There is never conflict between Dhulyn and Parno and yet the stories always move forward effortlessly. I think this is a sign of a strong writer. Every ...more
Karen Dales
I was so happy to get my hands on Path of the Sun. I felt as though I had waited forever for it to come out in paperback. Needless to say, when I picked it up Path of the Sun immediately went to the top of my TBR mountain. I was not dissappointed. The characters and story drew me in and wouldn't let me go until I finished it. Now I can't wait for the next in the series!
M.L. Rose
This duo is just as much fun in this novel as the others. I am a bit stymied by the ending but I am looking forward to the next book to see if it continues where this one stopped.
Bobbi
I love every one of the Dhulyn and Parno books, but had to take away a star because of the cliffhanger to be continued ending. Then again, guaranteed sequel ...
Thomas Walcher
Only problem with this book is that it ended in the middle of the story and I have no idea when the next one will be out.
Sam
OMGTHEENDING. The next book in this series cannot come fast enough. Excellent series, great read.
Beth Meade
I love this duo, can't wait to see what they are up to.

Bah ending sucked! SUCKED!
Sheree Ross
A good book in this series, but the ending was a clifhanger!
Kaaren
Loved it, can't wait for more.
Colin
Colin marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Andune
Andune marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Nov 23, 2014
Carina
Carina marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
  • Warcry  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #4)
  • The Soul Mirror (Collegia Magica, #2)
  • Shadow Magic (Havemercy #2)
  • Treason's Shore (Inda, #4)
  • The Destroyer Goddess (Chronicles of Sirkara, #3)
  • Devlin's Honor (Sword of Change, #2)
  • Glimpses: A Collection of Nightrunner Short Stories
  • Cloudbearer's Shadow (Sword in Exile, #1)
  • Child of Saturn (The Green Lion Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Voyage of the Shadowmoon
  • The Tainted (Isles of Glory, #3)
  • The Scarab Path (Shadows of the Apt, #5)
  • The God Stalker Chronicles (Kencyrath, #1-2)
  • Nocturne (Indigo, #4)
  • The Chaos Crystal (Tide Lords, #4)
The Sleeping God (Dhulyn and Parno, #1) The Soldier King (Dhulyn and Parno, #2) The Mirror Prince The Storm Witch (Dhulyn and Parno, #3) Shadowlands