Start by marking “Dishing Hollywood: The Real Scoop on Tinseltown's Most Notorious Scandals” as Want to Read:
Dishing Hollywood: The Real Scoop on Tinseltown's Most Notorious Scandals

Dishing Hollywood: The Real Scoop on Tinseltown's Most Notorious Scandals

Dishing Hollywood is a delightful and naughty romp through some of the biggest scandals that have rocked Hollywood-from the early part of the twentieth century up to the present. Some of the stories appear here for the first time. Some you might think you've heard, but you haven't heard it all! To add a little spice to the story, the author includes a recipe with each "sco ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published November 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Dishing Hollywood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dishing Hollywood

Laurie
Oct 31, 2007 Laurie rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
“Spicy dish…a smorgasbord of snoop…” Publisher’s Weekly

Romance, scandal and murder can really work up an appetite. Dishing Hollywood serves up the real scoop on 43 scandals with a recipe connected to each one: last suppers, first dates, favorite dishes – stories with some real meat to them. Lives tragically cut short, unsolved mysteries, dramatic suicides, steamy affairs -- the town’s full of tales like that. The town is also full of people who pay big dough to make sure certain details of those
Shelley
Sep 07, 2007 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history, media
This was pretty damn awesome. Granted, I was familiar with a few of the scandals, and her facts weren't always completely factual. But this is a gossip book, and I don't generally judge gossip books on their facts. *g* I loved the tone and the stories and the recipes were so tacky, it was awesome.

She loses a star for saying that her research has solved two cases, because, no, it hasn't, and I cannot stand writers who say that. (Looking at you, too, Patricia Cornwell.)

And now I feel like digging
Amanda Harford
Aug 04, 2011 Amanda Harford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just eat up books like this. It's not horribly taudry but has that wonderful feeling of a friend whispering in your ear. This book is a fun "well shelia told me that she heard from tina that..." sense to it where it makes it impossible to put down. Nothing is implied or based on some crazy heresay, it's simply "Hey, don't kill the messenger, this is just what i've heard." I LOVE it!!
Sue
Jan 26, 2009 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hopeless movie-head that I am, I could not put down this book! What sets it apart from other books of this genre, is that the author is an insider in Hollywood. She is married to a former child actor and has accumulated a lot of facts over the last 30 years. Now I'm off to find her other 2 books!
Chris
Jul 06, 2009 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. It was an easy read, about various older Hollywood stars that had an untimely demise. Some of the people I had never heard of before. The author included a recipe of something pertinent to each person, which was also fun. So, thanks, Sue, for mentioning this book!
Rory
Sep 07, 2007 Rory rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: me
Shelves: nonfiction
it's hard not to love a book that was obviously written for me. it's all about old hollywood scandals--with recipes tackily tacked on the end of each chapter. the voice is really scathing and slangy without being cloying. LOVED IT. lordy, you should read the gary cooper chapter....
Carol
Didn't learn anything that I hadn't already read in other books about Hollywood scandals but a fun read nonetheless, with the bonus of a few good-looking star recipes at the end of each chapter.
Kyla
Nov 26, 2012 Kyla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and easy read. The related recipes make a nice tie-in, making the book a good choice for foodies AND fans of Hollywood dish.
Shari  Stacy
Jan 31, 2012 Shari Stacy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best pieces of gory 'literature' I have ever read (twice). Scandals and the last meals of those involved. Wow. This is some good kind of bad!
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2009
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2008
Kristin Myrtle
Kristin Myrtle rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2008
Rebecca Thompson
Rebecca Thompson rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Richard A
Richard A rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Betty R. Stewart
Betty R. Stewart rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2014
Allan Maurer
Allan Maurer rated it did not like it
Dec 01, 2014
Diane Burkhalter
Diane Burkhalter rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2014
Chrissy Bessa
Chrissy Bessa rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Julie Gunter
Julie Gunter rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Chrissyhatfield
Chrissyhatfield rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Tamara Crowe
Tamara Crowe rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Jenn Davis
Jenn Davis rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2016
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was ok
Jul 01, 2014
Bonni Sweet
Bonni Sweet rated it liked it
May 12, 2014
Marylouise
Marylouise rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2011
MReza
MReza rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2007
« previous 1 3 next »
When Laurie moved to L.A., she quickly found her way to Harvey Lembeck's Comedy Improv Workshop, working for years with classmates Robin Williams, John Larroquette, John Ritter and more. While performing with comedy groups and as a stand-up, Laurie was uncovering and reveling in the history of those who had come before her. The stories and interviews she collected became the basis for her first bo ...more
More about Laurie Jacobson...