Start by marking “Incubus” as Want to Read:
Incubus

Incubus

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  13 reviews
To save his kind, Meical Grabian agrees to participate in a dangerous experiment. One that takes his vampire's thirst for blood and leaves him hungering for something new. An incubus can be sated only with passion--but what woman could love what he's become?Yet when Caroline Bengal finds him abandoned in a snowy wood, she senses his emotional turmoil and brings him to her ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Nocturne #104, 281 pages
Published December 21st 2010 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Incubus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incubus

SirenBookReviews
It is no surprise that I cut my reading teeth in the realm of horror. My world had been shaped by authors such as Stephen King and Clive Barker. Though I do read outside my favorite genre quite often, it is seldom that I come across an author who is able to grip my imagination and pull me into their world the same way as those I grew up reading. Today, I now have two that I can say have done this and Janet Elizabeth Jones is one of them.

Her book, Incubus, captured my mind and pulled me into her
Sandra
An incubus is a male demon who has intercourse with sleeping women; that's definitely what goes on in this novel but I couldn't classify it as rape at all. Basically what you've got is Meical (which I think is pronounced Michael, but looks like Medical without the "d" so that's what I was reading as I went along - haha!) who was a vampire. He is given a secret herbal mixture to turn him into an Incubus and shortly thereafter saves the life of Caroline, who was supposed to be killed by some evil ...more
Allie Ritch
Janet Elizabeth Jones has a unique writing voice, which I respect. I started reading with the intention of only taking half an hour and wound up unable to put it down until I was more than halfway through the book. The heroine, Caroline, is strong, smart, and a real fighter. The hero, Meical, is complex and engaging. I enjoyed the story.

My only complaint was that the ending felt overcomplicated to me, and thus not as strong as the rest of the plot. I was also surprised that Meical's past and iss
Lavendersky
I wish I would've reviewed shortly after I finished it, but this'll have to do.

I loved it!!
Hbeebti
I actually really enjoyed this. It would great if she made this into a series.
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Incubus is a very well written story with many different facets that allows the reader to enjoy this tale. Science meets the paranormal world as we read the journey the experiment takes Meical on. Ms. Jones gives us not only a sexy incubus, but a woman who may have been down for the count but is definitely not dead. Her will to survive, as well as the compassion she shows for Meical, gives this story heart. This is an adventurous book that contains sex, a smoking hot man, a strong woman, and a d ...more
Ann  Lorz
This book was a first for me by this author. I think she only has one other book. At first I didn't care for it. I couldn't put my finger on it so kept reading. I'm glad I did. I ended up enjoying Incubus a lot and hope the author keeps going with what could be a good series. I did have a problem with some of the story line and felt that Jones could have put more facts into the story, build it up a little. With all that said I still think its a good read.
Ashley Nicole
This genre of book isn't my particular cup of tea. I will say, in the writer's defense, she does have a way of painting a picture. Having mentioned that, there were some very steamy love scenes where I almost felt like a voyeur while reading. I don't think I'll read any more romance novels, going forward. Though, if Janet Jones decides to start writing in another genre, I'll probably pick up a copy of her book.
Amanda
The beginning was a big rocky. It starts off right away but in such a style that its confusing. After about 5 pages (give or take) I realized what was happening.
The plot it like nothing I have read before, so I give the author mad props for that.
Eric
I would've given this book four stars if the theme in it hadn't revolved around Meical deceiving her in her dreams so often.
Queen
Storyline was predictable & no real surprises. However it was nice to see a handicapped woman as a heroine.
Megan
Not a fan. Found it very hard to focus on this book as the story kept jumping back and forth
Ann Unger
loved it!
Mir
Mir marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Mikamia
Mikamia marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Kiersten
Kiersten marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Tyson Eberle
Tyson Eberle marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Gabby
Gabby marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
  • Nightwalker (Nightwalkers #3)
  • Lone Wolf  (The Pack #10)
  • Zombie Moon
  • Heiress to a Curse (Drakon Clan #1)
  • Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • The Shifters (The Keepers Trilogy #2)
  • Black Magic Lover
  • Renegade Angel (Hearts of the Fallen 0.4)
  • Taken
  • The Truth about Vampires (Sons of Midnight #1)
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
  • The Vampire Affair
  • Alaskan Wolf (Alpha Force #1)
  • Deja Vu
  • Guardian (Warriors for the Light #6)
  • Angel Slayer (Of Angels and Demons #1)
  • Last of the Ravens
From modern vampire tales to Victorian historicals to epic fantasy, Janet writes a wide range of romances for adults and teens. Her interests include history, German, building computers, reading, web design, CG art, composing digital music, and playing video games.

Since 2004, she has provided web design services for fellow authors and other professionals in the publishing industry.
More about Janet Elizabeth Jones...
Revenant