Start by marking “Anger: The Unauthorized Biography Of Kenneth Anger” as Want to Read:
Anger: The Unauthorized Biography Of Kenneth Anger

Anger: The Unauthorized Biography Of Kenneth Anger

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Known worldwide for his bestselling Hollywood Babylon books, Kenneth Anger is also an underground filmmaker with tremendous influence (Fireworks; Scorpio Rising; Lucifer Rising). This unauthorized biography takes readers into his lurid, dramatic life, and reveals encounters with Keith Richard, Anais Nin, Jimmy Paige, Mick Jagger, and others. 40 photos.
Hardcover
Published July 1st 1995 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Anger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anger

Matthew W
Although best known for his sadistic artsy tabloid-like Hollywood history book "Hollywood Babylon," Kenneth Anger also happens to be one of the greatest auteur filmmakers America has ever produced. Inspired by filmmakers as diverse as French surrealist poet Jean Cocteau and Soviet montage propagandist Sergei Eisenstein, Kenneth Anger was able to create an auteur signature that has been known to hypnotize audiences. I know that he is one of my personal favorite directors. Mainstream directors lik ...more
Emily
I absolutely adore Kenneth Anger, but this book was disappointing. Read Zachary Lazar's "Sway": it's a novel, but it gets the cult of Anger better than anyone I've read. *And* it's wonderful.
Thomas Lampion
of course, more literature concerning the films of kenneth anger will always be duly needed. this, however is a book any canon could do without. is it a case of there just not being enough information on the infamously private anger? will a better book appear on his life posthumously? has the time past for any of his colleagues to speak out? one things for sure, they didn't come out in droves for landis, and he makes concessions with long, monotonous descriptions of his films, obviously writing ...more
Ryan Hill
I appreciated this book since I was starved for anything written about Kenneth Anger. It is not a glamorous or flattering portrait of him and lacks details about his occult practices. I hope more thorough and researched books come out. But I know that will be hard since he guards both his myth and his archives closely.
Tosh
A biography on Kenneth Anger and his films would be magnificent, but this bio is not it. The book is not bad, but I feel that it doesn't capture the big picture of Anger's creative and social world.

It would be nice if there was another bio out there on this flimtastic genius.
Doug Irvine
Doug Irvine marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Mallory Skinner
Mallory Skinner marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Marcus Dixon
Marcus Dixon marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Antonina Vasilieva
Antonina Vasilieva marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Johnny
Johnny marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Roberta
Roberta marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
The Miserablist
The Miserablist marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Kasparius
Kasparius marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Darcie Oconnell
Darcie Oconnell marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Corey Zieske
Corey Zieske marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sleazoid Express: A Mind-Twisting Tour Through the Grindhouse Cinema of Times Square