Start by marking “Selfish Pigs: Adorably Awful Little Swine” as Want to Read:
Selfish Pigs: Adorably Awful Little Swine

Selfish Pigs: Adorably Awful Little Swine

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  20 reviews
From the creator of The Book of Bunny Suicides comes the book you've been waiting for: Selfish Pigs. Filled with more than 90 pieces of line art depicting pigs being adorably selfish, this is a must-have for pig-lovers and Riley fans.

These are pigs who just don't care any more. They're nasty. They drink, they smoke, they steal, they eat pork and bacon, and they're strangel
Published November 2nd 2010 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Selfish Pigs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selfish Pigs

Rachael Hewison
My boyfriend has the entire Andy Riley series in our bathroom for some 'toilet reading' so I've been working my way through the collection. Selfish pigs is the last one we have and I feel a little like I saved the best till last.

The Bunny Suicides work so well because they are outrageous and funny. Selfish Pigs is much the same, without the morbid overtone. It's a simple context but it works so well. Some are particularly realistic and others are shocking. A few in this book vary slightly to Ril
Pihla
I loved all the Bunny suicides -books, so I rushed out to buy this with high expectations as soon as I saw it was out. Unfortunately, it didn't really live up to those expectations. It felt like some of the ideas were not fully thought out. A slight disappointment.
Ape
Oh how this made me laugh. It's great fun, especially when you're in a bah-humbug mood. Although the one with the mamma mia DVDS is probably not so much a selfish pig one as a kind gesture to the rest of the world =).
Päivikki
"Kieron huumorin ystäville

Andy Rileyn sarjakuvien siat eivät ole mitään söpöjä pikku saparoveijareita. Nämä törkyilevät possut ovat rehellisen ilkeitä, vihaisia, ylipainoisia ja itsekeskeisiä. Ne tupakoivat, kännäävät ja syövät lihaa. Silti niiden hulvattomassa törkytyylissä on jotain röhkäisevän ihanaa.

Siat ovat itsekkäitä – aivan kuten mekin. Kirjaan mahtuu käsittämättömän sikamaisia tapoja keskittyä omaan napaansa ja tunkea oma pikku kärsänsä joka paikkaan. Haluaisitko istua sian takana leff
Ellice
I have known some pigs like this. This is a very witty book of cartoons.
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
Oh my Goodness!!! These pigs are so selfish! Most of the cartoons in this book feature just one pig in each scene but some have two pigs and one cartoon features 11 selfish pigs. I think these piggies are very mean - for example one little piggy tries to make Jesus pay a fake toll when he is carrying His cross up a hill to be crucified. This book covers a wide range from Christian themes to popular culture. I bought the book when it made me smile during the Borders store closing sales of Septemb ...more
Aisha Prevost
Anything with pigs is good for me. This was even funny so really liked it :)
Nofuture
Mizantropova biblia!
Už sa vám stalo, že vás ľudia poriadne nasrali a vy ste im to chceli vrátiť? Ale fuckt že poriadne nasrali a fuckt že poriadne vrátiť? Že take niečo sa nepatrí? Že kto do teba kameňom ty doňho chlebom? Tak prasiatko im to všetkým vráti za vás a aj s úrokmi. Kašlať na politicku korektnosť, kašlať na ohľady, slušné správanie a všetky tie ostatné spoločenské konvencie...
Pohodlne sa usaďte, predstavte si toho najväčšieho pablba, ktorý vás v poslednej dobe nasral a užívajte si tú
Nina
Ihan sama tyyli kuin Itsemurhapuput: hauskaa oli! :)
Federiken Masters
Jun 09, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Humorados
Recommended to Federiken by: Que estaba a mano
Menos mal que no me sentí identificado en (casi) ninguno de los chistes. Arañó las cuatro estrellitas. Y supongo que si me hubiera generado alguna carcajada en vez de una seguidilla de sonrisas, se los ponía de cabeza. Pero como las tiras sí me resultaron ingeniosas y simpáticas pero no lo que se dice graciosas, graciosas, le amarreteo una estrella. Aunque voy a seguir viendo qué onda este inglés loco.
Corrie
My mom and I started flipping through this book at the library. We were laughing so hard that the librarians were giving us evil looks. We had to check it out and take it home. Hysterically funny.
Jezzer Hunt
this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luke Mais
OKAY NA WHY SPEAKING IN CAPS DUNNO THIS BOOK IS VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY WELL YA GET THE IDEA? IT WAS A GOOD BOOK LOTS OF !BEEP! SWEAR WORDS IN IT.
Samantha
Disappointing. It seems like the idea was nice but the author didn't do much with it. Don't know if he was rushing to complete the book.
Chris
Take The book of Bunny Suicides and replace bunnies with pigs and suicide with selfishness and we have another home run for Andy Riley.
Meaghan
Meh. Not that funny. I don't think I even laughed once. Go back to drawing suicidal bunnies, Andy Riley. That's what you're best at.
Jen
Another skewed view of society from the author of "Book of Bunny Suicides."
Bill C
Nothing like padding the numbers. I got a couple snorts out of it.
Nina
Nothing beats bunny suicides, but this comes quite close...
Rusotiny
Rusotiny marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Mark G
Mark G added it
Apr 07, 2015
  • The Writings of John Lennon
  • Simon's Cat: Beyond the Fence
  • Simpsons Comics Madness
  • The Diary of a Killer Cat (The Killer Cat, #1)
  • Awkward Family Pet Photos
  • A.L.I.E.E.E.N.: Archives of Lost Issues and Earthly Editions of Extraterrestrial Novelties
  • Beasts and Super-Beasts
  • The Onion Eaters
  • Fowl Weather
  • Tamburlaine Must Die
  • The Diary Of Cozette
  • The Whole Hog: Exploring the Extraordinary Potential of Pigs
  • Garfield Shovels It In (Garfield #51)
  • The Voyage of the Short Serpent
  • The Fourth Treasure
  • Doctor Criminale
  • Nalda Said
  • The Commissariat of Enlightenment
Andy Riley is a cartoonist and scriptwriter from Britain.
He drew a weekly strip cartoon for The Observer Magazine called Roasted, which is also collected in hardback edition. So far his books have sold around one and a half million copies and have been published in eighteen countries, producing calendar, greetings card and poster spin-offs. Lucky Heather is his self-published mini-comic.
His comedy
More about Andy Riley...
The Book of Bunny Suicides Return of the Bunny Suicides Great Lies to Tell Small Kids The Bumper Book of Bunny Suicides Dawn of the Bunny Suicides