Start by marking “The King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversary Cookbook: All the joy and variety of baking-the experience and tradition of America's most historic flour company (King Arthur Flour Cookbooks)” as Want to Read:

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  497 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A comprehensive guide to the art of baking includes both traditional and new recipes for breads, pastries, pastas, and desserts using King Arthur flour
Title: The King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversary Cookbook/Dedicated to the Pure Joy of Baking
Author: Sands, Brinna B./ King Arthur Flour (COR)
Publisher: W W Norton & Co Inc
Publication Date: 1992/09/01
Number of Pages:
Bindi
Published September 17th 1992 by Countryman Press (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversary Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversary Cookbook

Zenith
I grew up making cookies and bread with my Mom, but this is the book that really taught me to bake: not to blindly follow a recipe, but to know what the different ingredients do, and how to improvise. I can't tell you the last time I actually followed a recipe from this book, but that's not the point, as I see it.
Catherine Woodman
This is one of an excellent series by King Arthur on baking--having been to their store in Northfield a number of times, I can see that they have alot of experience with baking and took a long time to go from there to doing cookbooks, which is a good way to do it--these recipes work and are delicious
Daisy
Feb 06, 2011 Daisy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Daisy by: Lisa Hayden Espenschade
Shelves: cookbooks, bread
Whenever you feel like baking, pull this off the shelf because there's always something tempting and simple for which you probably already have the ingredients. I like everything I've made from here so far. And there are helpful tips too like different baking times for different baking pans you might use.
Eling
If only there were photos! But I was really impressed at the scope & detail in this volume. Definitely a great addition for serious bakers. Fun history to read the history of the company too.
Lori
Aug 11, 2010 Lori added it
This book was given to me as a gift from my daughter when she worked at King Auther Flour.It is my everyday go to cookbook when Im making muffins,breads,quick breads,fritters,pancakes ect.
Kay
Wonderful old recipes that remind you of grandma's breakfast, lunch, & dinner table!
Portia
Nearly every page has a stain on it. The perfect recommendation for a cookbook, I think.
Holly
This is a fun one to read and I've had good results with the recipes
Jon
Aug 30, 2008 Jon rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who loves to bake bread and other oven goodies.
My favorite cookbook from my favorite flour company.
Sparky
lots of good recipes and good background info
Kate
Indispensable.
Tommyb
May 01, 2009 Tommyb added it
Shelves: 11-21-2007, 6-21
Cooking
Tracy Fowler
Tracy Fowler marked it as to-read
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Sean Downey
Sean Downey marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Meg
Meg added it
Nov 13, 2014
Utopicconfections
Utopicconfections marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Theo
Theo marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Isabel
Isabel marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Lisa Mackey
Lisa Mackey marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Sarah Hehn
Sarah Hehn marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
  • The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion: The Essential Cookie Cookbook
  • Vegetables: The Most Authoritative Guide to Buying, Preparing, and Cooking with More than 300 Recipes
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • How to Bake: Complete Guide to Perfect Cakes, Cookies, Pies, Tarts, Breads, Pizzas, Muffins,
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
  • Jacques Pépin More Fast Food My Way
  • Mrs. Fields Cookie Book: 100 Recipes from the Kitchen of Mrs. Fields
  • Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The Original Classics
  • Great Scandinavian Baking Book
  • The Taste of Home Baking Book
  • Baking Illustrated: A Best Recipe Classic (The Best Recipe Series)
  • Crust and Crumb: Master Formulas for Serious Bread Bakers
  • The Best of America's Test Kitchen: The Year's Best Recipes, Equipment Reviews, and Tastings
  • The Art and Soul of Baking
  • BakeWise: The Hows and Whys of Successful Baking with Over 200 Magnificent Recipes
  • Seductions of Rice