Start by marking “The King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversary Cookbook: All the joy and variety of baking-the experience and tradition of America's most historic flour company” as Want to Read:

The King Arthur Flour Company celebrated its 200th anniversary—and its rich legacy of baking mastery—by publishing its very first cookbook, a complete guide to the baking arts as only King Arthur can do it. A classic, this collection of delicious and nutritious breads, pastries, and desserts is yours again in the original handy binder format.

Now it’s easier than ever to ar
Published September 17th 1992 by Countryman Press (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversary Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversary Cookbook

Zenith
Apr 27, 2012 Zenith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I grew up making cookies and bread with my Mom, but this is the book that really taught me to bake: not to blindly follow a recipe, but to know what the different ingredients do, and how to improvise. I can't tell you the last time I actually followed a recipe from this book, but that's not the point, as I see it.
Eling
May 27, 2013 Eling rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, 2013
If only there were photos! But I was really impressed at the scope & detail in this volume. Definitely a great addition for serious bakers. Fun history to read the history of the company too.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it really liked it
This is one of an excellent series by King Arthur on baking--having been to their store in Northfield a number of times, I can see that they have alot of experience with baking and took a long time to go from there to doing cookbooks, which is a good way to do it--these recipes work and are delicious
Nikki
This is an older cookbook, published when King Arthur Flour had only one or two widely available flours, so nearly every recipe calls for all-purpose flour, which is a good thing for beginning bakers or those who live where specialty flours are scarce. This would be a great book for someone who wants to learn to bake and is not gluten-free!
Daisy
Dec 29, 2010 Daisy rated it really liked it
Recommended to Daisy by: Lisa Hayden Espenschade
Shelves: cookbooks, bread
Whenever you feel like baking, pull this off the shelf because there's always something tempting and simple for which you probably already have the ingredients. I like everything I've made from here so far. And there are helpful tips too like different baking times for different baking pans you might use.
Ruth
Mar 11, 2015 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Many amazing recipes. This book has my go to Banana Bread. I also enjoy reading the sourdough starter chapter over and over.
Jon
Aug 30, 2008 Jon rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves to bake bread and other oven goodies.
My favorite cookbook from my favorite flour company.
Lori
Aug 11, 2010 Lori added it
This book was given to me as a gift from my daughter when she worked at King Auther Flour.It is my everyday go to cookbook when Im making muffins,breads,quick breads,fritters,pancakes ect.
Tommyb
May 01, 2009 Tommyb added it
Shelves: 11-21-2007, 6-21
Cooking
Nadine Jones
Apr 17, 2016 Nadine Jones rated it it was amazing
My go-to book for all baking basics: pancakes, waffles, white bread, whole grain breads, muffins ... This is the cookbook I refer to more than any other.
Kay
Jun 06, 2012 Kay rated it it was amazing
Wonderful old recipes that remind you of grandma's breakfast, lunch, & dinner table!
Portia
Feb 16, 2013 Portia rated it it was amazing
Nearly every page has a stain on it. The perfect recommendation for a cookbook, I think.
Sparky
Jan 26, 2009 Sparky rated it really liked it
lots of good recipes and good background info
Holly
Jan 14, 2009 Holly rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, cookbooks
This is a fun one to read and I've had good results with the recipes
Debra
Debra rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Melmuse
Melmuse rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2017
Kelly Schumann
Kelly Schumann rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2012
janet mowrey merz
janet mowrey merz rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Craig Quertermous
Craig Quertermous rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2011
Jamjelly
Jamjelly rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2014
Drena Paulson
Drena Paulson rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2015
AmyK
AmyK rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
Michelle Gable
Michelle Gable rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Ann Putney
Ann Putney rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
Doug
Doug rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2015
Margaret Morales
Margaret Morales rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
  • The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion: The Essential Cookie Cookbook (King Arthur Flour Cookbooks)
  • How to Bake: Complete Guide to Perfect Cakes, Cookies, Pies, Tarts, Breads, Pizzas, Muffins,
  • Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
  • Crust and Crumb: Master Formulas for Serious Bread Bakers
  • The Best of America's Test Kitchen 2007: The Year's Best Recipes, Equipment Reviews, and Tastings
  • Vegetables: The Most Authoritative Guide to Buying, Preparing, and Cooking with More than 300 Recipes
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • Local Breads: Sourdough and Whole-Grain Recipes from Europe's Best Artisan Bakers
  • Mrs. Fields Cookie Book: 100 Recipes from the Kitchen of Mrs. Fields
  • Baking Illustrated: A Best Recipe Classic (The Best Recipe Series)
  • The Bread Bible: 300 Favorite Recipes
  • Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads
  • Classic Indian Vegetarian and Grain Cooking
  • BakeWise: The Hows and Whys of Successful Baking with Over 200 Magnificent Recipes
  • The New Making of a Cook: The Art, Techniques, and Science of Good Cooking