Start by marking “Pigtailed Heart” as Want to Read:
Pigtailed Heart

Pigtailed Heart

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  8 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
In the gritty mean streets of 1940s Los Angeles, ex-detective Jack Clayton has few illusions—he knows all about L.A. corruption. Yet when the great defense lawyer Jerry Giesler asks him to track down witnesses for L.A.’s latest sensational murder trial, the murder of Doris Dazey by her husband, a prominent Hollywood doctor, he can’t resist.

As soon as he starts to investig
Published (first published September 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Pigtailed Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pigtailed Heart

N. Sasson
Oct 17, 2010 N. Sasson rated it it was amazing
Author Ruth Francisco delivers an intelligent, multilayered, and rapidly paced historical crime novel of 1930’s Los Angeles in The Pigtailed Heart. Based on an actual criminal trial, this story swings from the courtroom, to seedy backroom gambling parlors populated by Hollywood socialites, to even more sordid political entanglements that reach far beyond the glitter and sunshine of southern California.
George Kendall Dazey is a well known doctor whose wife, the lovely yet troubled starlet Doris D
Ruth Francisco
Sep 17, 2010 Ruth Francisco rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
On the gritty mean streets of 1940s Los Angeles, investigator Jack Clayton has few illusions—he knows all about LA corruption. Yet when the great defense lawyer Jerry Giesler asks him to find witnesses for Hollywood’s last sensational murder trial, he tumbles into a web of gambling, corruption, and espionage, and into the arms of a siren so dangerous she could set off the whole powder keg.
R.L.
Sep 29, 2010 R.L. rated it liked it
The book has what I think is an unnecessarily explicit prolog and the first chapter or two were kinda slow. Glad I stuck with though, because it ended up being an interesting noir exercise about Los Angeles in the late 1930s, a la Chinatown.
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
KH
KH added it
Jan 18, 2016
Tricia Bennett
Tricia Bennett marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Gregg
Gregg rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
judith king
judith king rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Connie Anderson
Connie Anderson marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Bob & Sherri
Bob & Sherri marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Jeanne
Jeanne marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Festina
Festina rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2013
Terry
Terry added it
Feb 13, 2012
Carla
Carla rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2011
Christa
Christa rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2011
Adam
Adam added it
Jan 16, 2011
Julie Levenhagen
Julie Levenhagen marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2010
I tend to write novels that are a little controversial. I don't intend to, but a question grabs hold of my mind--Do we have a right to say no to medical technology? What would it be like to be Jackie Kennedy? Where is Islamic extremism taking us?--and it won't let go. I have to explore it, I have to write about it.

Since my interests are varied, my books are varied, perhaps too much so. But whateve
More about Ruth Francisco...