Start by marking “Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #10)” as Want to Read:
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #10)

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10 (Fullmetal Alchemist #10)

4.59 of 5 stars 4.59  ·  rating details  ·  4,995 ratings  ·  68 reviews
In an alchemical ritual gone wrong, Edward Elric lost his arm and his leg, and his brother Alphonse became nothing but a soul in a suit of armor. Equipped with mechanical "auto-mail" limbs, Edward becomes a state alchemist, seeking the one thing that can restore his and his brother's bodies...the legendary Philosopher's Stone.

Barry the Chopper, the psychopathic killer whos
Published November 21st 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
good manga
108th out of 454 books — 177 voters
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 02 by Hiromu ArakawaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 03 by Hiromu ArakawaThe Art of Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu ArakawaFullmetal Alchemist Manga Profiles by Hiromu Arakawa
Fullmetal Alchemist
23rd out of 52 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Zarakoda
Katie (Books and Katie)
"As long as there's life in my body... I swear I'll never let another person become a victim in this deadly game!"

Review:

Things are really getting crazy at the start of this book, and it was hard for me to figure out just exactly what was going on. I knew something was up... and something was! I was glad to see that I was able to keep my faith in one of my favorite characters and that, in the end, his actions in the previous book were explained in this one.

Finally, in this installment, we meet E
Jenn Dattilo Watts
It occurred to me that it might make it easier on those who have only seen the anime to list the chapters in these short reviews as well as the volume #. So...volume 10 includes chapters 38, 39, 40, and 41.

Some personal favorites in this volume: Ling (I just can't call him Lin) coming in by the window with that grin on his face; the line-up of Mustang's team that shows Havoc as being the tallest and Roy himself not being much taller than Riza; Roy following Barry the Chopper down a street in a
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Fights ensue with Roy and his team, against the mysterious Lust, Envy and Gluttony. Right at the beginning the story moves in a fast pace. And go Roy! Also there are some interesting surprises later on, especially near the end that made me say, uh oh, what's going to happen next. Ed and Al are still looking for any info on the Philosopher's Stone but when they think they found something, it turns out that maybe they rather had not found out at all. All the while the mysterious Lust and Glutton a ...more
Scott Lee
Another fantastic volume. I'm thoroughly enjoying the twists that have occurred as the story is expanding--introducing other countries etc., and introducing the first immediately impactful new character in some time. It is apparent that the characters from Xing may yet play a large role, and that the story may extend there, but the presentation of (view spoiler) ...more
Bitsy
In Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 10 the whole volume is filled with surprises as the plot does another twist revealing new surprises and new information on the homunculi. I also noticed in this volume for the first time how old Edward has gotten, especially in his picture on the cover. He has been drawn very believably growing older and growing up throughout the series. The plot thickens and things get complex as you are trying to figure out who knew what when but Arakawa keeps you engaged and keep ...more
Bludhaven
Federiken Masters
Feb 25, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Todo el mundo.
Recommended to Federiken by: Lo mismo
Nuevamente Arakawa no pide ni da cuartel. Si en tomos anteriores me quejaba de que no cazaba muy bien para dónde iba la cosa, acá me callo la boca. La espera valió la pena y tanto las preguntas que se responden en esta etapa de la serie tomo como las nuevas que se formulan me dejaron perplejo, en el sentido más emocionante y disfrutable de todos. Si en tomo anteriores me quejaba de que no sabía para que estaban los personajes nuevos, acá me lo voy respondiendo con aprobación, y además celebro cu ...more
Mrs W
Nov 13, 2014 Mrs W rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
This volume includes one of the most intense and game-changing battles so far. I usually skim through the fight scenes, but this one kept my attention and stuck with me long after I finished the book. There is some good character development, especially with Mustang. And of course, there’s a healthy dose of random humor. The conspiracies continue to deepen and have me eager to read the next book.

• Mild language
• No sexual content
• Battle violence
Sarah Sammis
Volume 10 of Fullmetal Alchemist resolves the Barry the Chopper story and answers the question of what happened to Maria Ross. More importantly, though, the book expands the world and the history beyond that of Amestris.

This history and world building helps to put the story so far into perspective. It also helps to explain, or rather, refine, the rules of Alchemy as we know them. So far it's been all about equivalent exchange and knowing the Truth. Now, though, there's a second type, called Rend
Sara
(view spoiler) ...more
Yvensong
In this fast-paced volume, there are lots of reveals, including, but not limited to, who killed Winry's parents. Edward had many surprises come his way. Is he capable of handling the various surprises? He is just a kid, after all, and has been known to act out, blow his top, etc. without really thinking things through. It is one of the aspects of his character that brings humor and makes us ache just a little bit for him. This bundle of compassion, anger, immaturity -- all wrapped up in this tin ...more
Oliver Hodson
The story is starting to develop along with the well-developed characters, and it's a really enjoyable read. The growth of the characters from the east has been well done.
Becca
I've been really enjoying the last few volumes of this series. There's been a really good (almost perfect) balance of humour, action, and heart-felt/heart-wrenching scenes throughout all of the volumes, but I've really been noticing it in the last few in particular.
Maggie
These are getting more and more exciting with every volume! I remember why I started this series so many years ago, but I can't find a reason for why I never finished. So exciting!
Céline :)
Every time, I get bored with this series, the ending cliff hangers just make me keep on reading. This installment was no different :)
Gwen G
4.5
The pace of the plot is really picking up!
Sarah Geisz
This is a best manga ever.
Janeen-san
Barry the Chopper gets hunted down by his real body! A dangerous secret of Lust's is revealed, and some backstory concerning the murder mystery in volume 9!(I was SO MAD at Mustang for whait I 'thought' he did!) i really liked that part.

ALSO
HAVOC AND MUSTANG ARE SERIOUSY WOUNDED IN A BATTLE WITH LUST! tHAT PART WAS REALLY INTENSE! Volume 10 was very exciting! I don't know what my favorite part was, everything was awesome! I LOVE Gluttony! He's creepy but funny at the same time! Can't wait to r
Ciara
Jan 03, 2015 Ciara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Shit is getting real.
Reem Tombokti
I will declare my love although people will call me insane! I was so tired, I reckon, of all my serious, grown up books. I needed manga to remind me that I am naturally a cheerful, fun loving person. I love it!
Victoria
One of the highlight volumes of the series for me; so much action and emotion in one volume. The standout scene, an epic and powerful battle between Roy Mustang and the homunculus Lust, had me breathless. I came to love and respect several characters much more in this volume, especially Mustang and Havoc. And of course this volume also locked me in as a supporter of the Mustang/Hawkeye relationship...there's something about those two... ;)
Marc
Finalement, ce sont les passages où Edward n'est pas là qui sont les meilleurs... ^^;
Courtney (Storybook Slayers)
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

Action-packed, thickening plot, three-dimensional characters, and humor drizzled on each character, Fullmetal Alchemist is a book that should definitely be read by all. Left me with tears in my eyes and a warm heart for every character that you meet along Ed and Al's long journey.
ranne-ya
Continuation of the intense action! I'm quite surprised to see some mind games here, really. Didn't peg Roy as the manipulator but he proved me wrong. Too bad about what happened to Havoc though. He's well on his way to becoming one of my favorite minor characters so it's unfortunate that he's out of the game. And that gaiden tho... it's the saddest one so far. (T_T。)
ArdnAskelA
Qui a dit qu'on ne pouvait pas les tuer ?
Ce tome nous apporte des réponses, enfin quelques unes. Et certaines de mes hypothèses s'avèrent être vraies après la lecture de ce tome.
Sinon, j'ai pas mal ri, encore vous allez me dire, mais ne trouvez-vous pas, vous aussi, que certains passages sont drôles ? o_O
Bref, ce fut une belle lecture matinale :D
Majuchan
Science Meets Action

What an action packed volume! and to top it all a person shows up at the end that spice up the story more!

Well, What do I have to expect with Fullmetal Alchemist? The story is just getting better as it progress. The story comes more complicated and interesting.
Corley
The focus is mainly on the events in Central for this volume, following after Mustang and his subordinates (plus a few others characters), and I enjoyed the pace of this; certain things are cleared up nearer to the end, and we're left on a very daunting note...
earthy
Some great interactions between Roy and his gang, particularly with Havoc and Riza. Roy's really just an old softie. ^.^ Meanwhile, Armstrong takes Ed on a field trip (okay, he kidnaps him, really), and Hoenheim, Ed's and Al's dad, makes his dramatic return!
  • Bleach Volume 19: The Black Moon Rising (Bleach #19)
  • Death Note, Vol. 6: Give-and-Take (Death Note, #6)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 5: Announcement (D.Gray-man, #5)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 14 (Rurouni Kenshin, #14)
Hiromu Arakawa, 荒川 弘, is a Japanese mangaka famous for the series Fullmetal Alchemist. Her real name is Hiromi Arakawa.

Born on May 8, 1973 in Tokachi, Hokkaidō, Japan, Arakawa was born and raised on a dairy farm with three elder sisters and a younger brother. Arakawa thought about being a manga artist "since [she] was little" and during her school years, she would often draw on textbooks. After gr
More about Hiromu Arakawa...

Fullmetal Alchemist (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 02 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 03 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 04 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 05 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 06 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #6)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 07 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 08 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #8)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 09 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #9)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 11 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #11)
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 02 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #2) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 03 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 07 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 05 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)