Start by marking “Privy to Murder” as Want to Read:

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  73 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Paranormal Romance
Ghost story
Heat Rating: 3 flames

Mag the Ghost wasn't going to be any easier to deal with in death than Mag the Terror had been in life. Living in Love, Texas, in her childhood home, shouldn't have been end of the world. But Tali Cates can't see the good things with her eyes clouded by murder and mayhem. The first party for her event planning business, Par
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Privy to Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Privy to Murder

Cheryl
Jan 24, 2009 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talihina Cates has moved back to her hometown of Love, Texas. Tali now finds herself living with her mother. This wouldn’t be so bad if her mother, Lucinda Marie Carter-Downs otherwise known as Mumsie was normal like everyone else. Mumsie has the gift to communicate with spirits. This gift has also been passed on to Tali and her children…her son Sean and her daughter, Cass.

Tali and her friend, Renee manages a catering business together. During one of their parties, Tali’s stumbles upon her clie
Ed Scott
Dec 04, 2013 Ed Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would have to say since joining Amazon Kindle books I have been pleasantly surprised at the book selections. I have been very lucky in my choices of books, and this was definitely one of them. This one kept me guessing until the end. Again, this book as others I have read do go a bit into the "that would never happen to me" or "I never would have had the means or smarts to follow the clues on this murder" but then again, I guess that is why the books are so interesting to read.
Susan
Oct 25, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, paranormal
Refreshingly different paranormal cozy mystery. Tali Cates is a mother of two, whose ex-husband threw her out for being too different - meaning just paranormal of a vague nature. Then... he moved in with his boyfriend and she moved back home to small town Texas to live with her mother who converses with ancient spirits, socially.

Murder victims start showing up where Tali shows up and in the midst of a custody battle, getting a new party planning business off the ground, and unpaid medical bills
Cheryl
Mar 12, 2014 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was an awesome story. There was never really a dull or pointless moment in it. I think that thing that kept me from giving this five stars was mostly the lead characters inability to really stand up for herself. There were times when she did kinda let people know how she felt, but I just thought she should have been a little bit stronger. I realize that this is not everyone but that is just my personal thing and issue. There just seemed to be a lot of rude people in her life and people wh
RhondaJ Nelson
The first bit of this book felt like a 4-4.5 star rating, but then it went down a bit. I felt that the characters weren't taking certain things as seriously as they should, waiting so long to investigate certain things or not reporting things. Those parts seemed a bit unrealistic. It was also hard keeping track of the timeline. Also, she was broke but was eating out constantly and buying outfits. Despite of the things that bothered me I still enjoyed reading the story.
Black Butterfly
Jan 16, 2014 Black Butterfly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
A CUTE LITTLE SMALLTOWN MYSTERY, SOME PRETTY NASTY PEOPLE LIVED THERE. I DID LIKE IT EVEN THOUGH I THINK ALL THE TROUBLE THAT TALI GOT HEAPED ON HER AND HER FAMILY WAS A BIT TOO MUCH. SHE WAS THE CLASSIC "IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK SHE WOULDN'T HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL". THANK GOODNESS EVERYTHING WORKED OUT. ;>
Janet
Jan 01, 2014 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good
Carol Shenold
Fun Ghost Story/murder mystery.
Judy
Judy rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Hazel
Hazel marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Kays
Kays marked it as to-read
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Nospin
Nospin added it
Kajola
Kajola marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Kim Riese
Kim Riese marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Christine Pimentel
Christine Pimentel marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
susan  jean marsh
susan jean marsh marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Candy Shy
Candy Shy rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Donna Morrison
Donna Morrison marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Melanie Geddie
Melanie Geddie marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Nancy Parris
Nancy Parris marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Lynea
Lynea marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Fern
Fern is currently reading it
Nov 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Rise of the Dunamy
  • Haunting Refrain
  • Night Corridor
  • Nursing a Grudge (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #4)
  • The Blake Soul
  • Touched by Death (By Death #1)
  • Secrets
  • Winter Song
  • The House on Persimmon Road
  • The Grave Artist
  • Tin City Tinder: A Thriller (Boone Childress Mysteries)
  • Sarah's Solace (Solace, #1)
  • The Company You Keep (Kendra Clayton Mysteries, #1)
  • The Body Departed
  • Treating Murder (Veronica Lane, M.D., #1)
  • Plugged Nickel (Detective Joe Denali series)
  • Homecoming (Finn McCoy, #1)
  • Be Still, My Love (Tess Schafer-Medium, #1)