Start by marking “How the Weather Works: A Hands-on Guide to Our Changing Climate” as Want to Read:
How the Weather Works: A Hands-on Guide to Our Changing Climate

How the Weather Works: A Hands-on Guide to Our Changing Climate (Hands On Guide)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
What is a tornado? Why does it snow? How is a hurricane created? Find out in this novelty-packed introduction to our planet’s weather.

Tackling both normal and extreme scenarios, this is an entertaining and enlightening exploration of the world’s weather. With bright, friendly illustrations, plus pop-ups, pull-tabs, and booklets, this interactive book stimulates learning an
Published February 8th 2011 by Templar (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about How the Weather Works, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How the Weather Works

Sherry
The pop up pages attract attention, an advantage in a small group setting. I really liked this book despite the fact that the last 2 pages have some outdated information and bears the briefest whiff of a 'political agenda pushing', which is so unnecessary and I find distasteful in juvenile books.
Terry
Little Kid Reaction: The fourth-grade students loved the interactive elements and the arrangement of the topics. Many of them wanted to check the book out and take it home to look at again.

Big Kid Reaction: I liked the fact that the author did not “talk down” to the audience. She crams a lot of information into this book.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub.
Erin Lorimer
Pop-up books always end up at the top of my list! This beautifully illustrated book reals in the reader without even trying! So much is going on at once, just like the weather. Children of all ages, even adults, would fall in love with this interactive climate book. Learning doesn't always have to be boring!
Maggie
This book was so cool and interactive! I decided to pick up this book because I had just taken a weather course and a weather lab last semester. It was very interesting and hit a lot of points that we did in class! I definitely recommend this book, and I think it would be a good learning tool!
Katlego
Katlego marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Marlen Hernandez
Marlen Hernandez marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Amber Hunt
Amber Hunt marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Pav
Pav marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Glorybeafarm
Glorybeafarm marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Angela Longerbeam
Angela Longerbeam marked it as to-read
Michele More
Michele More marked it as to-read
Aliza Werner
Aliza Werner marked it as to-read
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Susie
Susie marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Glorybeafarm marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013

Hands On Guide (2 books)
  • How the World Works: A Hands-On Guide to Our Amazing Planet
Earth's Garbage Crisis How the World Works: A Hands-On Guide to Our Amazing Planet Waste Disposal How Animals Live (How it Works) Are We Running Out of Energy?