Start by marking “Straight Talk, No Chaser signed edition” as Want to Read:
Straight Talk, No Chaser signed edition

Straight Talk, No Chaser signed edition

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,574 Ratings  ·  187 Reviews
**This limited-in-number, signed edition of Steve Harvey's Straight Talk, No Chaser: How to Find, Keep, and Understand a Man features a signed tip-in page. The perfect gift for any Steve Harvey fan.**

In the instant number one New York Times bestseller Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Steve Harvey gave millions of women around the globe insight into what men really think
Published December 7th 2010 by Amistad (first published March 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Straight Talk, No Chaser signed edition, please sign up.

Lucia Duarte Yes! It gives you great perspective and insight at a mans view of things... I also Like his 1st book Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man .. Read it while…moreYes! It gives you great perspective and insight at a mans view of things... I also Like his 1st book Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man .. Read it while I was single and was empowered to be informed of what I was dealing with... You know a mans thoughts and views of things! (less)

Kimberly
Well, this was an extremely quick read. Personally, I don't think the book is all that bad. I actually like it more than "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man."

I think I needed to read this book at this time as a reminder. Men aren't evil, overly stupid or lesser than equal. I do not have to use them before getting used or let my excess baggage come between me and the next best thing. In fact, I don't need to go to such extremes to protect myself and project hurts from men no longer into my life fo
Charlie Fey
It was "OK." The problem with this book is it's teaching women how to be good mates for their husbands/boyfriends. How to make him happy, how to get along with him, how to fulfill his needs, so he can then, hopefully, give you what you want.

Okay, if you want to know "how to please your man" and be the perfect Stepford wife, I imagine this is the book to read. But what about a woman finding HER happiness, having HER needs meet, having love she wants. No, this book does not cover any topic about w
WillowBe
Feb 11, 2011 WillowBe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: say-what
Hmmmm. One or two interesting points, but the Male as unsophisticated knuckle-dragger, and Female as all things civilized, good and gentle tactic gets very wearing. He simultaneously stereotypes men and makes them look really dumb, barely capable of learning how to be part of a household thereby justifying their behavior. Yes men should have their cake and get to eat it too! My father cooked, cleaned, diapered babies and went to PTA meetings throughout our lives and was still a real Black Man- a ...more
Camille
Mar 03, 2011 Camille rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book straightend me right up when it comes to men. I know now how to chose my next man and exactly what I need to do to keep him. Kudos to Steve Harvey. If women read this and don't understand that these words are coming out of a man who has been married three times and has finally learned how to be a good man.... then they just don't want to hear the truth. It is what it is. Be smart, keep yourself updated.. looks wise and intelligence wise. Keep it real. That's basically what Steve says. ...more
Zero vi Britannia
Hell to the No
To the tune of "Hell to the No" from Glee.

Mama said I should read this book
I said "Hell to the no."
My daddy said to give it a look
I said "Hell to the no."
Wanna make me read this shit?
Prepare to get your head split!
This book's a whole lotta
Oh oh oh oh oh
Hell to the no no n-no n-no n-no
Think I should give this book a chance?
You know what?
Hell to the no! (hell to the no!)
It'll help me with love and romance?
Hell to the no! (hell to the no!)
Try to get me to read this?
You better watch ou
Lisa
Jun 20, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All females right before they start dating
I always thought Steve Harvey was just a comedian/actor, so when until I checked this out, I had no idea he gives advice to mostly single women on his own radio show.

Many of the reviewers thought this book should be subtitled, "How To Please a Man," but I think it should be subtitled, "How Not to Get Used by a Man".

I am more conservative than Steve, but thought he gave great advice! If you are single and want to avoid a broken heart and/or wasting time on some guy that is not for you, read this.
Taymara Stephania  Jagmohan
It analysed the previous book, but it just carved in a few old memories.
Steve, you have taught me a lot.
I feel very indebted, and im even happier that i made no mistakes as it regards dating.
-Still ebullient, and persevering.
Im a student, and i loved the way you mirrored the propinquities you shared with your wife.
That's a beautiful example for all the young men, although we dont wish for them to be all the same, but a few similarities are welcome.
Muchas gracias AND it was a measure of paragon
Emilia P
Feb 22, 2011 Emilia P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: real-books
Aw Steve.
My boo gave this for me the day before he asked me to marry him. How prescient! This is the logical follow-up to Act Like A Lady, in that this assumes you've got the dude. And now you gotta deal with him and vice versa. Every few chapters Errol would say "what's he telling you now" and I would read him the handily provided bullet points, and he would say oh I already know that stuff and/or it's wrong. :)
But the basic premise of this is --keep your man happy, and tell him how to keep yo
Buggz79
There are a number of basic truths covered in this book:

1. Men are more often than not, fairly simple. Don't be fooled by that though, simple organisms are capable of fairly complex behaviour..

2. A central tenet of manliness is "Doing what you said you'd do". Which in my world translates into Integrity. And this i completely concur with.

The rest of it is told from Steve's viewpoint of the world. Some resonated deeply with me (Antinag tips) and some of it was meh (wear makeup and blazers around
Kya Publishing Canada
Steve Harvey's first book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man was a hit! It was being quoted, celebrated, recited, dictated, and read aloud like holy scripture to women near and far. Single woman, married women, dating women: it didn't matter. The ladies wanted to hear what Steve Harvey had to say about love and relationships...and were thirsty for his keeping-it-real male perspective that their girlfriends couldn't [accurately] give them.

After all, it came from a man we know and love: Broderik St
Bjarke
Nov 19, 2013 Bjarke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: female teens 15 or 16 plus
Recommended to Bjarke by: no one
Very insightful, and good continuation from his first book (Act like a lady think like a man).

I particularly like how Steve writes as if he's talking to you, so when you read it's as if he's sitting on the couch opposite to you giving you his advice on how to keep and get your mate. It really has that one-on-one personal feel to it when you read.

The content of the book basically revolves around the way men think. He states, throughout the book, a theme of "men are simple" (In the sense that
Mel
Sep 09, 2015 Mel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I actually kinda like Steve Harvey. He's something of a cultural relic--like everybody's tone deaf, old-fashioned cookout uncle by proxy.

That said, I don't know why so many people turn to him for relationship advice and help, and I was expecting this book to be full of obvious appeals to developing self-esteem and gross generalizations about how men and women think.

What I wasn't expecting is for it to be BORING--and it really, really is.
Shannon
Jan 30, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You don't have to agree 100% with everything Steve says to get some good insights into the mind of man with this book. Quick read, some good tips that just make sense. After all, a relationship is just as much a business partnership as it is an emotional one. I especially appreciated the negotiating scenarios as some good examples of how to approach a subject. I actually used them the weekend I read the book and it worked!
Karen Peyton
Mar 31, 2013 Karen Peyton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Every Women should read this at age 15"

If you could sum up Straight Talk, No Chaser in three words, what would they be?
That way we can avoid so many bad decisions. This should be a prerequisite to dating.

What other book might you compare Straight Talk, No Chaser to and why?
I have none in my library to compare it with. This is like a bible for dating men.

Have you listened to any of Steve Harvey’s other performances before? How does this one compare?
No this was my first. I wish his first book was
Basma
Sep 09, 2014 Basma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a delicious fast read with an unmistakable sense of humour about how men think and react in various relationship-related situations, I've personally found it to be more fun, down to earth, and insightful than most of John Gray's books
Red Kedi
Jul 29, 2014 Red Kedi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Questo libro non è uno dei soliti racconti dove qualcuno cerca di spiegarci come ragionano gli uomini. Qui si tratta di un uomo che ci parla dei suoi simili e ci spiega, come vedono loro il mondo e noi donne.
Steve ci parla di se e dei suoi amici, ci spiega come gli uomini vedono il mondo e vedono coloro che dovranno affrontare nella vita, le donne.
Non è il primo a farlo e non sarà l'ultimo ma queste pagine mi hanno dato modo di pensare e di farmi domande che mai avrei pensato. Certo, tutte noi
Vanessa
Dec 10, 2014 Vanessa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
I really want to read this because I have been too busy to finish book club books on time recently, or when I did finish the book got stuck at work the night book club met. But having finished the introduction, it was very hard to go further. One page deeper in, I just don't think I can force myself to click "buy" and read beyond the free sample. Fortunately for me, and unfortunatley for anyone who actually shelled out hard cash, I'm pretty sure I get the gist already. All men think one way (the ...more
Diana
Aug 08, 2014 Diana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gives women some food for thought, especially if you are thinking about how "you" can be a better partner. However, a relationship is about two people, so I think it is important for the reader to remember that she is only half the equation.

I did like that the suggestions Steve Harvey makes do subconsciously push the reader to ask, "is that me?", and will push for some self-reflection from the reader on how you can be a better person. Communication is critical and folks sometimes forg
Christina Boyle
Apr 30, 2011 Christina Boyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating study on how men think. It's sad that much of this is foreign to me. I really enjoyed the book even though it's essentially the same as the first. I wish Steve Harvey was my friend and I could get his take on my love life.
Erin E
Feb 12, 2011 Erin E rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Ummmm... What was I thinking? I need to have a second look at my dating decisions....

Thought the book was increadibly interesting I am sure that it is a book I would have not considered should it now have been suggested too me.
Ellie Revert
He's got great ideas but honestly I don't care about how to handle a man---I've got my hero and we seem to be working things out---lo, these many 47 years! I would have been reading it for Annette's sake--she can read it herself!
Aimee Warrington
Harvey's first book was better. This one rehashes his previous stuff and splays it out in a more defensive manner (as though he's saying "no, really, this book is that other book but BETTER". It's not better though.) Pass.
Mai
Feb 08, 2015 Mai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
pretty much the same like "Act like a lady ,think like a man" but it gives women more secrets and insight about men,their mentality and how women can get what they want out of man eventually.enjoyed reading it ^^
Nina Norstrom
Oct 24, 2015 Nina Norstrom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book more on the informational side, and taps into relationship interaction . . . its many facets. Some may even consider it a tool for self-help. The author feeds us the story from his perspective; and gives some examples of actual life experiences. Interestingly, the author shares a bit about his personal life. From the stance point of relationships, much of what was written or revealed is plain and simple common sense (if you’d think about it).
It can be great thing to toot your own
Heidi
Nov 13, 2011 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book for women esp single women to read and thanks steve for givin us the real truth..all women could learn a few things
Mya
Jul 31, 2015 Mya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
not as good as the first one but still helpful
Vickie Bragg
Feb 07, 2015 Vickie Bragg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Real and True

I enjoyed reading this book, it was very educational. I enjoyed reading a man's point of view on what it is a man wants and don't want. It hurt my feelings at first, but I said that was because Steve was telling the truth. So I endured and soldiered on and finished the book. Now I have to figure out how to apply this to the now 7 year relationship I am currently in. I still have a few questions but I will apply what Steve has shared with me and maybe those questions will get answere
Adrienna
So far, there are very limited good points in this book that I was able to take in perspective for my life and relationship. I do like "Let your man get to what needs to be done in his own time" since woman can expect men to be on top in some cases when women are doing well (breadwinner)...and men do accept women making more money than them but I know there has to be insecurity issues stirring inside of them even if they don't voice it or show it. We have to give them time to get where they need ...more
Van
Jul 10, 2015 Van rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Là sự bổ sung cho quyển sách trước "Suy nghĩ như đàn ông, cư xử như đàn bà", quyển sách này có nhiều phần trùng lặp và nói lại của cuốn trước. Tuy nhiên, từ phần giữa sách, với việc trả lời cụ thể nhiều câu hỏi, tác giả đã làm rõ thêm được nhiều ý mà trong cuốn sách trước không nói đến. Dù sao cũng là một cuốn sách nên đọc thêm để hiểu rõ hơn về người đàn ông của bạn.
Cheryl
Feb 24, 2011 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I never read the first book, but found this one interesting. I think it's one man's views. And certainly, one man cannot speak for all men (just the same way I for instance could not speak for all women). Having said that, I think any woman who was, is, or will be in a relationship with a man could benefit from reading what Harvey has to say.

"8. WHY DO MEN STOP CALLING... because we're done. You need closure, but men don't; we just need it to be over. We don't need to know why it didn't work, we
Is Steve Harvey Qualified 2 28 Apr 04, 2013 10:09PM
  • The Conversation: How Black Men and Women Can Build Loving, Trusting Relationships
  • The Vixen Manual: How to Find, Seduce, & Keep the Man You Want
  • Act Like a Gentleman, Think Like a Woman:  A Woman's Response to Steve Harvey's Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
  • Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate
  • The Soulmate Secret: Manifest the Love of Your Life with the Law of Attraction
  • The Little Black Book of Success: Laws of Leadership for Black Women
  • It's Not You, It's Biology.: The Science of Love, Sex, and Relationships
  • Loving Sex: The book of joy and passion
  • Breaking the Cycle
  • How to Get Out of Your Own Way
  • Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings: Madea's Uninhibited Commentaries on Love and Life
  • Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either: Raise Your Standards and Reach for the Love You Deserve
  • A Voice in the Box
  • Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True
  • It's Just a F***ing Date: Some Sort of Book About Dating
  • See No Evil (Hardy Boys: Casefiles, #8)
  • Traditions & Encounters, Volume 1 From the Beginning to 1500
  • Andy Rooney: 60 Years of Wisdom and Wit
206062
Broderick Steven "Steve" Harvey is an American comedian, actor, entertainer, and radio personality.

He is probably best known as the star of the WB sitcom The Steve Harvey Show, and as one of the four comedians featured in the Spike Lee film The Original Kings of Comedy.

Currently, he is the host of The Steve Harvey Morning Show, a nationally syndicated radio program.

He is also the author of Act Lik
More about Steve Harvey...

“It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.” 3 likes
“People get jealous and use whatever information they have to make you feel bad and themselves feel better.” 3 likes