Start by marking “The Education of Patience Goodspeed” as Want to Read:
The Education of Patience Goodspeed

The Education of Patience Goodspeed (Patience Goodspeed #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In the year since the Morning Star sailed away from Nantucket, Patience Goodspeed has navigated a ship and outwitted mutineers, but this time she faces her biggest challenge yet: boarding school!

Now, instead of mathematics and navigation, Patience is forced to study sewing and French. To make matters worse, Fanny Starbuck, the most empty-headed widow in Nantucket, has sh
Published April 1st 2006 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published August 24th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Education of Patience Goodspeed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Education of Patience Goodspeed

Brittany
this is a really good book I love reading about how people reacted to seeing Hawaii and the Hawaiians.
Julie
Slow. It's the 2nd book in the series and while you don't REALLY need to read the first one to understand, it'd help a lot with character development and getting the reader interested in the story from the beginning. Historical fiction about a tomboy-girl who has to go to boarding school in Hawaii in the early 1800's.
Dawn
Really good, fun read, including info about Hawaii before it was Hawaii. Patience is a spunky teen in the 1800s and both learns and teaches quite a bit in the course of this adventure. I think I need to go back and read the first one!
Juliana
For ages 8-12. I really enjoyed this fast paced story of an independent 19th century girl. A perfect mix of journal and narrative. I learned some Hawaiian history and language, too. Best of all-- there's some recipes included.
Fashiongirlgoldberg
This was a good seqeul to "The Voyage of Patience Goodspeed" I like the new characters that the author introduced and I read some interesting things about Hawaii.
Joslins
Patience's story continues with some farfetched happenings but this story is good overall.
Karen
The sequel to the Voyage of Patience Goodspeed.
Evsmith
I LOVED this book!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meagan
Jun 02, 2008 Meagan is currently reading it
I like this book so far.
Ayesha Ahmed
the girl is smart and brave.
Farzeen
Farzeen marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Joannabanana
Joannabanana marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Cailey
Cailey marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Eas
Eas marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Bookworm
Bookworm marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Mandi Smith
Mandi Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Patience Goodspeed (2 books)
  • The Voyage of Patience Goodspeed
The Mother-Daughter Book Club (The Mother-Daughter Book Club, #1) Much Ado About Anne (The Mother-Daughter Book Club, #2) Dear Pen Pal (The Mother-Daughter Book Club, #3) Pies & Prejudice (The Mother-Daughter Book Club, #4) Home for the Holidays (The Mother-Daughter Book Club, #5)

“Papa taps on the skylight and I look up. He waves at me and smiles. I smile back. For now, I don't need to know what lies ahead. For now it's enough just to be here, safe aboard the Morning Star with my family and friends. For now, it's enough to be home.” 3 likes
“Aunt Anne's lips quirked up in a smile. "Life is not a neat equation to be solved," she said. "It's messy and wild and unpredictable. That's the heartbreak of it, but that's also the glory of it.” 2 likes