Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A stunning visual companion to the highly anticipated new film from director Rob Marshall (Chicago), based on the international bestseller by Arthur Golden—a major holiday release from Columbia Pictures.

Featuring over 150 full-color photographs and drawings, this lavishly illustrated book captures the artistry and romance behind the exquisite new film from Rob Marshall, th...more
Unknown Binding, 144 pages
Published October 20th 2005 by Newmarket Press

Ashley T
Sep 01, 2012 Ashley T marked it as to-read
Shelves: victorian
I have not read this book, but I have read the original book "Memoirs of a Geisha", and seen the movie, both several times. I can say that you won't regret reading or viewing anything to do with the book or the movie.
A wonderful "vacation" to WW2 Japan, into the sizzling and competitive culture of the apprentice and actual "Geisha girls".
I had thought I had a grip on what a "geisha" was, but I realize now that I had no earthly idea!
A geisha is not simply a girl who dresses up really pretty, like...more
Katie
If you are currently reading or about to read "Memoirs of a Geisha" this is a gorgeous visual refrence from the film. True, the movie and pictures kinda blow-it for the imaginative reader, but if you are anything like me who is facinated by the beauty of the ancient japanese culture, you will not be disappointed by these stunning pictures captured from the film. It also puts what is happening in the book into visual perspective.
Lisea
Oct 13, 2008 Lisea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lisea by: Jenny
I liked the history. The premise of the book not so much. The culture was amazing and I liked that. I would not recommend this to anyone young. It was definitely adult content.
Amandaleahy
Though I would not categorize this as a "fun, light, beach read," I thoroughly enjoyed the book. This book provides a memoriable portrayal of Gieshas.
Lady Entropy
I usually don't buy movie books, but I opened an exception for this one, and never regretted it. Gorgeous.
Miste
This was a really poignant book. I loved learning all the history about geishas.
Valerie
Read the book before you see the film.
Bruna Bruna
Bruna Bruna marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Levan Mumladze
Levan Mumladze marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Eileen Taylor
Eileen Taylor marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Shellina
Shellina marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Musaab
Musaab marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
s0fist
s0fist marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Amy Marmolejo
Amy Marmolejo marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Fatima Shaik
Fatima Shaik marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Meghan
Meghan added it
Sep 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

“Каквито и да са битките и победите ни, както и да ги преживяваме, много скоро те избледняват като воднисто мастило върху хартия.” 1 likes