Start by marking “Memoirs of a Geisha” as Want to Read:
Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A stunning visual companion to the highly anticipated new film from director Rob Marshall (Chicago), based on the international bestseller by Arthur Golden—a major holiday release from Columbia Pictures.

Featuring over 150 full-color photographs and drawings, this lavishly illustrated book captures the artistry and romance behind the exquisite new film from Rob Marshall, th
Unknown Binding, 144 pages
Published October 20th 2005 by Newmarket Press

To ask other readers questions about Memoirs of a Geisha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memoirs of a Geisha

Ashley T
Sep 01, 2012 Ashley T marked it as to-read
Shelves: victorian
I have not read this book, but I have read the original book "Memoirs of a Geisha", and seen the movie, both several times. I can say that you won't regret reading or viewing anything to do with the book or the movie.
A wonderful "vacation" to WW2 Japan, into the sizzling and competitive culture of the apprentice and actual "Geisha girls".
I had thought I had a grip on what a "geisha" was, but I realize now that I had no earthly idea!
A geisha is not simply a girl who dresses up really pretty, like
Katie
If you are currently reading or about to read "Memoirs of a Geisha" this is a gorgeous visual refrence from the film. True, the movie and pictures kinda blow-it for the imaginative reader, but if you are anything like me who is facinated by the beauty of the ancient japanese culture, you will not be disappointed by these stunning pictures captured from the film. It also puts what is happening in the book into visual perspective.
Lisea
Oct 13, 2008 Lisea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lisea by: Jenny
I liked the history. The premise of the book not so much. The culture was amazing and I liked that. I would not recommend this to anyone young. It was definitely adult content.
Amandaleahy
Though I would not categorize this as a "fun, light, beach read," I thoroughly enjoyed the book. This book provides a memoriable portrayal of Gieshas.
Lady Entropy
I usually don't buy movie books, but I opened an exception for this one, and never regretted it. Gorgeous.
Miste
This was a really poignant book. I loved learning all the history about geishas.
Valerie
Read the book before you see the film.
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Edna Camontoy
Edna Camontoy marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
sameeha alshareef
sameeha alshareef marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Georgianna
Georgianna marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Lhotieveranogmail.com
Lhotieveranogmail.com marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Curlyheadedjas
Curlyheadedjas marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Fresh Fruits
  • Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes
  • Izakaya: The Japanese Pub Cookbook
  • The Lore of Love (The Enchanted World Series)
  • The Rabbits' Wedding
  • The Knot Book of Wedding Lists
  • Kawaii Bento Boxes: Cute and Convenient Japanese Meals on the Go
  • Clueless in Tokyo: An Explorer's Sketchbook of Weird and Wonderful Things in Japan
  • Harumi's Japanese Cooking: More than 75 Authentic and Contemporary Recipes from Japan's Most Popular Cooking Expert
  • Dwarfs (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Legends of Valor (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Word Hero: A Fiendishly Clever Guide to Crafting the Lines that Get Laughs, Go Viral, and Live Forever
  • The Confetti Cakes Cookbook: Spectacular Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery
  • Cute Stuff: Let's Make Cute Stuff By Aranzi Aronzo!
  • Bento Boxes: Japanese Meals on the Go
  • Hotel Rwanda

“Каквито и да са битките и победите ни, както и да ги преживяваме, много скоро те избледняват като воднисто мастило върху хартия.” 1 likes