Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A stunning visual companion to the highly anticipated new film from director Rob Marshall (Chicago), based on the international bestseller by Arthur Golden—a major holiday release from Columbia Pictures.

Featuring over 150 full-color photographs and drawings, this lavishly illustrated book captures the artistry and romance behind the exquisite new film from Rob Marshall, th...more
Unknown Binding, 144 pages
Published October 20th 2005 by Newmarket Press

To ask other readers questions about Memoirs of a Geisha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memoirs of a Geisha

Ashley T
Sep 01, 2012 Ashley T marked it as to-read
Shelves: victorian
I have not read this book, but I have read the original book "Memoirs of a Geisha", and seen the movie, both several times. I can say that you won't regret reading or viewing anything to do with the book or the movie.
A wonderful "vacation" to WW2 Japan, into the sizzling and competitive culture of the apprentice and actual "Geisha girls".
I had thought I had a grip on what a "geisha" was, but I realize now that I had no earthly idea!
A geisha is not simply a girl who dresses up really pretty, like...more
Katie
If you are currently reading or about to read "Memoirs of a Geisha" this is a gorgeous visual refrence from the film. True, the movie and pictures kinda blow-it for the imaginative reader, but if you are anything like me who is facinated by the beauty of the ancient japanese culture, you will not be disappointed by these stunning pictures captured from the film. It also puts what is happening in the book into visual perspective.
Lisea
Oct 13, 2008 Lisea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lisea by: Jenny
I liked the history. The premise of the book not so much. The culture was amazing and I liked that. I would not recommend this to anyone young. It was definitely adult content.
Amandaleahy
Though I would not categorize this as a "fun, light, beach read," I thoroughly enjoyed the book. This book provides a memoriable portrayal of Gieshas.
Lady Entropy
I usually don't buy movie books, but I opened an exception for this one, and never regretted it. Gorgeous.
Miste
This was a really poignant book. I loved learning all the history about geishas.
Valerie
Read the book before you see the film.
Sq8
Sq8 marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Cacase
Cacase added it
Aug 01, 2014
Nunia Ikavuka
Nunia Ikavuka marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Carlie Risser
Carlie Risser marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Unfuturauteur
Unfuturauteur marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Seguridad Qcc/qtm
Seguridad Qcc/qtm marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Selma
Selma marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Claire
Claire added it
May 06, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Poorani
Poorani marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

“Каквито и да са битките и победите ни, както и да ги преживяваме, много скоро те избледняват като воднисто мастило върху хартия.” 1 likes