Start by marking “Memoirs of a Geisha” as Want to Read:
Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A stunning visual companion to the highly anticipated new film from director Rob Marshall (Chicago), based on the international bestseller by Arthur Golden—a major holiday release from Columbia Pictures.

Featuring over 150 full-color photographs and drawings, this lavishly illustrated book captures the artistry and romance behind the exquisite new film from Rob Marshall, th
Unknown Binding, 144 pages
Published October 20th 2005 by Newmarket Press

To ask other readers questions about Memoirs of a Geisha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memoirs of a Geisha

Ashley T
Sep 01, 2012 Ashley T marked it as to-read
Shelves: victorian
I have not read this book, but I have read the original book "Memoirs of a Geisha", and seen the movie, both several times. I can say that you won't regret reading or viewing anything to do with the book or the movie.
A wonderful "vacation" to WW2 Japan, into the sizzling and competitive culture of the apprentice and actual "Geisha girls".
I had thought I had a grip on what a "geisha" was, but I realize now that I had no earthly idea!
A geisha is not simply a girl who dresses up really pretty, like
Katie
If you are currently reading or about to read "Memoirs of a Geisha" this is a gorgeous visual refrence from the film. True, the movie and pictures kinda blow-it for the imaginative reader, but if you are anything like me who is facinated by the beauty of the ancient japanese culture, you will not be disappointed by these stunning pictures captured from the film. It also puts what is happening in the book into visual perspective.
Lisea
Oct 13, 2008 Lisea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lisea by: Jenny
I liked the history. The premise of the book not so much. The culture was amazing and I liked that. I would not recommend this to anyone young. It was definitely adult content.
Amandaleahy
Though I would not categorize this as a "fun, light, beach read," I thoroughly enjoyed the book. This book provides a memoriable portrayal of Gieshas.
Lady Entropy
I usually don't buy movie books, but I opened an exception for this one, and never regretted it. Gorgeous.
Miste
This was a really poignant book. I loved learning all the history about geishas.
Valerie
Read the book before you see the film.
Reg Ferns
Reg Ferns marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Ivana
Ivana added it
May 20, 2015
don mark odaniel
don mark odaniel marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Rabiu Adam
Rabiu Adam marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Katherine Hayward
Katherine Hayward marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Kristiina
Kristiina marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Misti Arismendez
Misti Arismendez marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Val
Val marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Fresh Fruits
  • The Book of Christmas (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Magical Justice (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Kawaii Bento Boxes: Cute and Convenient Japanese Meals on the Go
  • The Rabbits' Wedding
  • Dwarfs (The Enchanted World Series)
  • The Knot Book of Wedding Lists
  • I'm a Believer: My Life of Monkees, Music, and Madness
  • Grimm: The Essential Guide: Seasons 1 & 2
  • Cute Stuff: Let's Make Cute Stuff By Aranzi Aronzo!
  • Diary of a Citizen Scientist: Chasing Tiger Beetles and Other New Ways of Engaging the World
  • Hotel Rwanda
  • Word Hero: A Fiendishly Clever Guide to Crafting the Lines that Get Laughs, Go Viral, and Live Forever
  • The Pitchfork 500: Our Guide to the Greatest Songs From Punk to the Present

“Каквито и да са битките и победите ни, както и да ги преживяваме, много скоро те избледняват като воднисто мастило върху хартия.” 1 likes