Start by marking “Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight” as Want to Read:
Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight

Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight

3.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  454 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Allen Carr's eating plan allows you to enjoy eating, savour flavours and lose weight. You can: eat your favourite foods; follow your natural instincts; avoid guilt and remorse; enjoy the flavour of fresh foods; do away with digestive ailments; learn to re-educate your tastes; and let appetite be your guide.
Published September 1st 2006 by Penguin Books, Limited (UK) (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight

Vicki
Sep 10, 2012 Vicki rated it really liked it
I read this book over a year ago and put it into practice straight away, I have never felt so good about myself, I am not only much thinner but I also no longer suffer from migraines or constant colds. I am a meat eater and have found the combining of different foods means i no longer suffer that horrible bloated feeling after eating. The book itself was difficult to read, I found it hard to get through but it works so I think it's worth it.
Janine
Jun 25, 2012 Janine rated it it was ok
Allen Carr's Easy way to quit smoking helped me pack in the cigarettes . I figured if he can fix my smoking addiction he can help me with over eating. So far so good, I am half way through. As I am a Vegan I can understand the subject of cows milk is for calves and raw food is best. I really like how he explains things and uses a car as a metaphor for our bodies.
In the section that I have just read he is explaining why it is best to eat when you are hungry. At first I wanted to shake my head an
Ieva Ursulyte
Apr 09, 2014 Ieva Ursulyte rated it did not like it
If I could rate that book as minus 5 stars, I would. Complete nonsense - just terrible pile of illogical thoughts. God, animals, mother nature, apes... And I simply hate such brain washing. No no no... Read it till the end simply because I am stubborn and wanted to see what's at the end. I very much hope that the suggestions in the book will do no harm to people and they will not end up slim, but very sick. And yes - I know - THEY ALL brainwashed me, that's why I cannot be trusted :))
Christel Petersen
Nov 08, 2011 Christel Petersen rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011, non-fiction
The worst book I've ever read on this subject! I couldn't even finish it - to me it was the same kind of brain washing that he speaks so pasionately against, only with a different perspektive, namely that all food is bad for you, except raw vegetables...utter nonsense in my world - but that probably means that I'm so brain washed that there's no hope for me...
Mirrordance
Apr 21, 2014 Mirrordance rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: divulgazione, diete
Non mi aspettavo certo un capolavoro e sono sempre diffidente nei confronti dei manuali pseudo self-help americani. In realtà l'autore è inglese ma il libro oltre a essere brutto e scritto male risulta particolarmente irritante. Vaga senza un filo tra religione, luoghi comuni e affermazioni dal tono fideistico; condisce il testo con paragoni opinabili e troppo spesso confronta gli uomini e gli animali con generalizzazioni a dir poco azzardate. Il tono è quello del predicatore dalla fede del tutt ...more
Viv
Aug 04, 2013 Viv rated it it was amazing
This book achieved something remarkable. A page or two into the first chapter, I found myself fighting it. It's repetitive, a bit condescending and Carr tends to say things that are at the very least questionable. But it was as if he flipped a switch. Even as I was shaking my head and thanking my lucky stars that I had spent only $4 bucks on this poorly written book, I started following his advice without making a point of doing so. Rather than buy a scale, pick a target weight, force myself to ...more
Emma
Jan 31, 2016 Emma rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
I think some of the ideas in this book are ok, but some you might have to take with a pinch of salt (no pun intended).

I get where he is going with the main ideas and am interested to keep reading and see where this leads me, but im not expecting miracles. An ok read so far, am nearly finished.
Diana
Apr 22, 2014 Diana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
è difficile recensire un libro così inutile! Ho lasciato più di 50 note a margine perchè ad ogni nuova frase assurda avevo voglia di andare dall'autore a dirgli "ma cosa diavolo stai dicendo!"

Iniziamo con il dire che per il primo terzo di libro riesce a non dire assolutamente nulla! A parte tante frasi fatte e concetti assolutamente banali per il resto non ha dato un'indicazione che fosse una utile o funzionale.

Poi però si sbilancia, e parte con un mega sproloquio partendo dalla creazione dell'u
stinaz
Sometimes it feels like the universe is trying to tell you something. Deciding that my next course of food study should be raw and then reading this book was one of those moments. I'm still a skeptic and have yet to start said curriculum (or to find any scientific research for or against the new trend of the raw diet). But Allen makes some good points about the bad feelings overeating induces and uses his trademark CBT techniques to change our psychological associations and "brainwashing" with r ...more
TarasProkopyuk
May 10, 2015 TarasProkopyuk rated it really liked it
Автор книги, как не удивительно, убеждает нас, что проблемы связанные с весом и здоровьем человека можно избежать не изнурительными диетами, а только постигнув саму суть проблемы и изменить подход к ней. Аллен Карр знакомит нас с новой, более совершенной и естественной для человека культурой питания.
Zaira
Sep 22, 2015 Zaira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aprendiendo a comer.

'Y ahí estaba yo, un miembro de la especie más inteligente del planeta, preguntándome cómo tenía la ardilla la inteligencia de no comerse todos los cacahuetes.'
'Quizá nos hayamos vuelto arrogantes, pero ¿qué hay de malo en utilizar nuestra inteligencia para mejorar a la Madre Naturaleza y así mantener nuestra superioridad sobre las otras especies? Ésa es la cuestión. Creo que ya no lo estamos haciendo. No sólo eso, sino que, de muchas maneras, entre ellas nuestros hábitos ali
Bridget Van
May 15, 2014 Bridget Van rated it it was ok
I got really annoyed with this book when Allen Carr said that our stomach produces acid to digest meat and alkaline liquid to digest carbs. That is totally incorrect (as anyone who studied biology in high school can tell you). Then he kept talking about indigestible food that is stored as fat. Again that is physically impossible. If the food is indigestible, how can it be stored in the body?

He does have some good points though which is why I gave the book two stars. I think what I will take awa
Antonio Mercurio
Jul 08, 2015 Antonio Mercurio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Ho letto questo libro e l'ho trovato interessante. Non troverete ricerche e statistiche sulle diete o i cibi o sulle ultime scoperte. L'autore avvalendosi della conscenza fino ad ora acquisita in campo dietetico e nutrizionale, ci consuce alla scoperta del metodo da lui definito easyweigh, cioè come controllare il peso senza preoccuparsi del peso ideale e di diete nel comune senso del termine. Ci fa capire come liberarci dai cibi spazzatura e non naturali e dal lavaggio del cervello che ci è sta ...more
Janice
Sep 01, 2015 Janice rated it liked it
There were some good points that I have put into practice and admittedly parts that I skimmed over (god and religion) He brought some interesting points no milk/dairy products (which I am slowly incorporating into my life) and obviously fresh and organic is better. Probably the best point would be "eating when your actually hungry" though difficult to abide by its quite interesting to learn how much of the time you are eating because you (me) are bored or in particular social situations. Definit ...more
Anna
Sep 18, 2014 Anna rated it really liked it
The book is too watery, it seems that the author intentionally tried to write more pages. I didn't like his contemplations about God and evolution. At first he supports The Big Bang theory and Darwinism, but then he argues that so sophisticated organism like a human being couldn't have been created by a simple chance (it's mathematically impossible (what???). So author's belief in God can be perceived throughout the book.
Though, I really like the ideas described in the book, they seem logical an
Davide Mastromatteo
S.L. Saboviec
Short assessment: This book started off with good intentions but failed to deliver because the conclusion was just one more diet. If you want to lose weight without dieting but instead through a lifestyle change, read Intuitive Eating .

Long assessment: Allen Carr's revolutionary book The Easy Way To Stop Smoking has helped millions of people break free of their addiction. He's done really great work, and I applaud him for the lasting change he's affected. However, he took the principles of th
Mie
Sep 28, 2014 Mie rated it did not like it
Hvor er jeg glad for at jeg ikke har læst ret mange bøger der er så skidt som denne. Det er jo helt tydeligt at forfatteren i den grad ikke aner hvad han snakker om.

Han anbefaler fx at man undgår animalske fødevarer samtidig med at man skal undgå piller. Skal jeg forstå det sådan, at han anbefaler, at jeg udelukker samtlige kilder til B12-vitamin fra min kost?
B12-vitamin er vigtigt for bl.a. dannelsen af blodlegemer og mangel på B12-vitamin kan fx medføre blodmangel. Og findes, så vidt jeg er or
Vonchas
Jan 03, 2015 Vonchas rated it liked it
Its alright.... gives a very nice approach to healthy eating, but it certainly did not have the same effect on me as the Quit Smoking one. I think its a weaker book overall, on the method, but its a pretty good one to understand what is wrong with our eating habits. So, good for a jump start onto a healthier life, pr at least to have in mind what you put in your mouth and what it will cause.
Darlene Hull
Somewhat misleading in its premise that you can eat whatever you want and lose weight. Possibly true if you follow his advice and give up all junk food - which is a pretty standard recommendation - but I know people who eat vegan, and are still gaining or can't lose weight, so...

Nothing really new here. His solution is a vegetarian diet.
Nat
Jul 20, 2015 Nat rated it it was amazing
I previously quit smoking with Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking book so I thought I would give this a go.
I was a little bit bigger than I wanted to be at the time, however I am tall and can get away with the extra kg's I had piled on.
By the time I finished the book (read it in one sitting) I had conformed my eating habits! It was so super easy and really hit the nail on the head for me.
I lost about 11kg all up and never looked more fantastic in my life! My partner was concerned about my e
Frank
Feb 04, 2011 Frank rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scambio
Premesso che i consigli contenuti nel libro sono anche interessanti, il modo di esporli mi ha lasciato molto dubbioso. Mi ha ricordato un tizio che anni fa mi propose di intraprendere la vendita porta a porta di prodotti per la casa. Prima di arrivare al dunque (e risolvere la cosa in 5 minuti ) mi parlò per 45 minuti di tutto quello che si poteva fare con uno stipendio aggiuntivo, parlando di ferie, auto, feste, lusso, ecc. In questo libro 20-30 pagine sono sufficienti per esprimere tutti i con ...more
May 30, 2012 Jennifer rated it did not like it
I borrowed this as an eBook from the library and have since discovered that I had read it in September 2006. I did get a fair way in without realising that - which frankly does not say much for the book in itself. It started to lose me in a long theistic chapter which needed to explain its relevance rather more quickly in a book about weight loss. I then read some reviews which reminded me that this is not a psychological programme to help you address overeating, but yet another slightly bizarre ...more
Libbeth
Oct 21, 2008 Libbeth rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2004
I am entering this book four years after reading it, and it was borrowed from the library, so I don't have it to refer to. I can remember nothing about it except, possibly, it was one of the "follow your instincts, only eat when you are hungry, mostly fruit and vegetables" approach. If my scales could type this review they would point out that obviously the book did not inspire me or motivate me. We all know that if we just ate fruit and veg and not a lot else we'd lose weight, and I don't parti ...more
Annalize
Jul 13, 2015 Annalize rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking, helped me auit smoking after almost 10 years. It was an amazing book, and I expected the same of this one.

I like that Allen makes simple and truthful statements about eating fresh and healthy, and being a more natural version of yourself. His views aren't new, but he made me rethink my eating habits.

However, he makes statements that are not scientifically supported and sometimes goes against nutritionist advice. It's not a groundbreaking book, it's just his
Ptitmog
Jan 09, 2013 Ptitmog rated it did not like it
Dans le genre bouquin de développement personnel qui enfonce les portes ouvertes, ce livre se pose là!
Entre style parlé, direct, qui s'adresse directement (au premier sens du terme) au lecteur, et références grossières et erronées (comparer un être humain à une voiture alors que ce qui fait la différence est justement la raison pour laquelle les gens ont un problème de poids, ou encore renvoyer l'être humain à l'homo sapiens en niant l'évolution que notre corps a pu connaitre depuis), cette "mét
Marco Croella
Sep 11, 2015 Marco Croella rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Una verbosa collazione di strampalati non sequitur
Zakariae
Shelves: mylibrary
Interesting reading
Shay
Feb 28, 2014 Shay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this mans books. I was a smoker for 10 years until I read his quit smoking book so I decided to read his book on losing wright and I was not disappointed. He puts things into perspective in such a way that really resonates and stays with you long after you read the book. And everything he says is common sense but once again just the way he puts it is so eye opening, you can't help but listen and follow the instructions.
  • Eat Your Way To Happiness: 10 Diet Secrets to Improve Your Mood, Curb Your Cravings and Keep the Pounds Off
  • The Eat-Clean Diet Workout: Quick Routines for Your Best Body Ever (with DVD)
  • How To Be More Interesting
  • The Resume is Dead
  • Branding Yourself: How to Use Social Media to Invent or Reinvent Yourself
  • It's Only Too Late If You Don't Start Now: How To Create Your Second Life At Any Age
  • Science in the Kitchen and the Art of Eating Well
  • Vegan A Go-Go!: A Cookbook & Survival Manual for Vegans on the Road
  • How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor
  • Jung to Live by
  • The Way of Herbs
  • Life Is Hard, Food Is Easy: The 5-Step Plan to Overcome Emotional Eating and Lose Weight on Any Diet
  • Life's Too F***Ing Short: A Guide to Getting What You Want Out of Life Without Wasting Time, Effort or Money
  • The Empty Raincoat: Making Sense of the Future
Allen Carr was an author of books about quitting smoking and other psychological dependencies including alcohol addiction. He quit smoking after 33 years as a hundred-a-day chain smoker.
More about Allen Carr...

“Sometimes we look but don’t see, listen but don’t hear, touch but don’t feel. If one sense fails, the others step in.” 0 likes