Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight

Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight

2.9 of 5 stars 2.90  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Allen Carr's eating plan allows you to enjoy eating, savour flavours and lose weight. You can: eat your favourite foods; follow your natural instincts; avoid guilt and remorse; enjoy the flavour of fresh foods; do away with digestive ailments; learn to re-educate your tastes; and let appetite be your guide.
Published September 1st 2006 by Penguin Books, Limited (UK) (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight

Vicki
I read this book over a year ago and put it into practice straight away, I have never felt so good about myself, I am not only much thinner but I also no longer suffer from migraines or constant colds. I am a meat eater and have found the combining of different foods means i no longer suffer that horrible bloated feeling after eating. The book itself was difficult to read, I found it hard to get through but it works so I think it's worth it.
Ieva Ursulyte
If I could rate that book as minus 5 stars, I would. Complete nonsense - just terrible pile of illogical thoughts. God, animals, mother nature, apes... And I simply hate such brain washing. No no no... Read it till the end simply because I am stubborn and wanted to see what's at the end. I very much hope that the suggestions in the book will do no harm to people and they will not end up slim, but very sick. And yes - I know - THEY ALL brainwashed me, that's why I cannot be trusted :))
Mirrordance
Non mi aspettavo certo un capolavoro e sono sempre diffidente nei confronti dei manuali pseudo self-help americani. In realtà l'autore è inglese ma il libro oltre a essere brutto e scritto male risulta particolarmente irritante. Vaga senza un filo tra religione, luoghi comuni e affermazioni dal tono fideistico; condisce il testo con paragoni opinabili e troppo spesso confronta gli uomini e gli animali con generalizzazioni a dir poco azzardate. Il tono è quello del predicatore dalla fede del tutt...more
Janine
Allen Carr's Easy way to quit smoking helped me pack in the cigarettes . I figured if he can fix my smoking addiction he can help me with over eating. So far so good, I am half way through. As I am a Vegan I can understand the subject of cows milk is for calves and raw food is best. I really like how he explains things and uses a car as a metaphor for our bodies.
In the section that I have just read he is explaining why it is best to eat when you are hungry. At first I wanted to shake my head an...more
Viv
This book achieved something remarkable. A page or two into the first chapter, I found myself fighting it. It's repetitive, a bit condescending and Carr tends to say things that are at the very least questionable. But it was as if he flipped a switch. Even as I was shaking my head and thanking my lucky stars that I had spent only $4 bucks on this poorly written book, I started following his advice without making a point of doing so. Rather than buy a scale, pick a target weight, force myself to...more
Diana
è difficile recensire un libro così inutile! Ho lasciato più di 50 note a margine perchè ad ogni nuova frase assurda avevo voglia di andare dall'autore a dirgli "ma cosa diavolo stai dicendo!"

Iniziamo con il dire che per il primo terzo di libro riesce a non dire assolutamente nulla! A parte tante frasi fatte e concetti assolutamente banali per il resto non ha dato un'indicazione che fosse una utile o funzionale.

Poi però si sbilancia, e parte con un mega sproloquio partendo dalla creazione dell'u...more
Christel Petersen
The worst book I've ever read on this subject! I couldn't even finish it - to me it was the same kind of brain washing that he speaks so pasionately against, only with a different perspektive, namely that all food is bad for you, except raw vegetables...utter nonsense in my world - but that probably means that I'm so brain washed that there's no hope for me...
TarasProkopyuk
Автор книги, как не удивительно, убеждает нас, что проблемы связанные с весом и здоровьем человека можно избежать не изнурительными диетами, а только постигнув саму суть проблемы и изменить подход к ней. Аллен Карр знакомит нас с новой, более совершенной и естественной для человека культурой питания.
Bridget Van
I got really annoyed with this book when Allen Carr said that our stomach produces acid to digest meat and alkaline liquid to digest carbs. That is totally incorrect (as anyone who studied biology in high school can tell you). Then he kept talking about indigestible food that is stored as fat. Again that is physically impossible. If the food is indigestible, how can it be stored in the body?

He does have some good points though which is why I gave the book two stars. I think what I will take awa...more
Mie
Hvor er jeg glad for at jeg ikke har læst ret mange bøger der er så skidt som denne. Det er jo helt tydeligt at forfatteren i den grad ikke aner hvad han snakker om.

Han anbefaler fx at man undgår animalske fødevarer samtidig med at man skal undgå piller. Skal jeg forstå det sådan, at han anbefaler, at jeg udelukker samtlige kilder til B12-vitamin fra min kost?
B12-vitamin er vigtigt for bl.a. dannelsen af blodlegemer og mangel på B12-vitamin kan fx medføre blodmangel. Og findes, så vidt jeg er or...more
Frank
Premesso che i consigli contenuti nel libro sono anche interessanti, il modo di esporli mi ha lasciato molto dubbioso. Mi ha ricordato un tizio che anni fa mi propose di intraprendere la vendita porta a porta di prodotti per la casa. Prima di arrivare al dunque (e risolvere la cosa in 5 minuti ) mi parlò per 45 minuti di tutto quello che si poteva fare con uno stipendio aggiuntivo, parlando di ferie, auto, feste, lusso, ecc. In questo libro 20-30 pagine sono sufficienti per esprimere tutti i con...more
I borrowed this as an eBook from the library and have since discovered that I had read it in September 2006. I did get a fair way in without realising that - which frankly does not say much for the book in itself. It started to lose me in a long theistic chapter which needed to explain its relevance rather more quickly in a book about weight loss. I then read some reviews which reminded me that this is not a psychological programme to help you address overeating, but yet another slightly bizarre...more
Libbeth
I am entering this book four years after reading it, and it was borrowed from the library, so I don't have it to refer to. I can remember nothing about it except, possibly, it was one of the "follow your instincts, only eat when you are hungry, mostly fruit and vegetables" approach. If my scales could type this review they would point out that obviously the book did not inspire me or motivate me. We all know that if we just ate fruit and veg and not a lot else we'd lose weight, and I don't parti...more
Ptitmog
Dans le genre bouquin de développement personnel qui enfonce les portes ouvertes, ce livre se pose là!
Entre style parlé, direct, qui s'adresse directement (au premier sens du terme) au lecteur, et références grossières et erronées (comparer un être humain à une voiture alors que ce qui fait la différence est justement la raison pour laquelle les gens ont un problème de poids, ou encore renvoyer l'être humain à l'homo sapiens en niant l'évolution que notre corps a pu connaitre depuis), cette "mét...more
Aimeell
I enjoyed the book it did make me think about the foods I was eating but there were a lot of things that went unasnwered and quite some contradictions. He say's that we should eat fruits in the morning for breakfast on its own without other types of foods such as carbohydrates, meat and dairy products. But in another chapter he tells us is fine to have breakfast cereal with orange juice instead of milk which I found contradicting.
Candice
This book feeds the reader a steady diet of misinformation and truisms. Poor Allen Carr.... I so enjoyed his Easy Way To Control Your Drinking... thought it was spot on... but I believe he wrote Easyweigh was under the influence of freebasing Twinkies. Don't bother.
Nicola Reed1
I'm not sure how I feel about this book, some of the things he claims and fact sound a little suspect and he also contradicts himself.

It's very interesting though and has made me think differently about what I eat and why - I think I need to read it again!
Alessia
Just finished it and begun to put it in practice.
I have to say that, while reading it, it made couple of interesting points...I am curious to see if it'll actually work in the end but as Carr himself wrote, don't be impatient for results!
Vaidas
Perskaitęs knygą, išeidavau iš parduotuvės beveik nieko nenusipirkęs. Beveik viskas buvo nesveikia ir nenaudinga. Tokiame kosmomse buvau apie mėnesį.. Įdomų minčių prirašė apie žmonių, gyvūnų maitinimąsi ir maisto evoliuciją.
David
This was very good motivation to embark on a healthier eating lifestyle without leaving me feeling deprived as diets do. Brainwashing? Maybe.... effective - so far so good!
Nukalurk
Most of the book seems like ramblings but there are quite a few good ideas.
Inna Shpitzberg
Such a bullshit. I am really dissapointed.
Tine Willer
Nu må vi om den kan overbevise mig - ;0)
Ida
Can't wait to see if it really works!
Dragan Damjanović
Apr 02, 2013 Dragan Damjanović marked it as to-read
Shelves: 11
mmm
Tea
Tea marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Allen Carr was an author of books about quitting smoking and other psychological dependencies including alcohol addiction. He quit smoking after 33 years as a hundred-a-day chain smoker.
More about Allen Carr...
The Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Join the Millions Who Have Become Nonsmokers Using the Easyway Method Allen Carr's Easy Way for Women to Stop Smoking Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently The Easy Way to Stop Drinking Allen Carr's Easy Way To Control Alcohol.