Corruption of Blood

Corruption of Blood (Butch Karp #6)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  308 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Assistant D.A. Butch Karp and his wife Marlene have run into some tough cases before, but nothing could prepare them for the most notorious homicide of all--the JFK assassination! Tapped to head the congressional reinvestigation, the two uncover a 30-year-old conspiracy rooted in the government's highest levels. Now it's a race against time to find the plot's mastermind.
Published May 1st 1996 by Signet (first published 1995)

Jon
The next in the series I've been following for the last several months, this one involving a reopening of the investigation of the JFK assassination. I was a little wary that this couldn't possibly work, and despite Herculean efforts by the real writer Michael Gruber, it didn't. The characters were just as engaging as in the other books in the series, and the legal and political difficulties were just as complicated and, as far as I can tell, realistic. And there is an author's note that says th...more
Henri Moreaux
This novel really didn't do much for me, the cover claims "his most enthralling legal thriller to date" and I have to say after reading this I dare not read the early ones if this is the peak of excitement offered by the author.

The story is implausible at best - Butch Karp, a New York Assistant DA, is hired by a newly formed Congressional Committee to find out who assassinated John F Kennedy; from here the story goes down hill, slowly and methodically for 300 pages becoming more and more implaus...more
Ferne
If you read the first two (2) paragraphs under the entry of "Warren Commission" @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_C..., you'll discover one of the chief concerns about the creation of the investigation into the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy, was that "a commission would ultimately create more controversy than consensus, and those fears proved valid."
Corruption of Blood is a novel of a possible theory and it's even more breathtaking from page-to-page as the star is our de...more
Carolyn
#7 in the Butch Karp/Marlene Ciampi series by RKT/Michael Gruber, which I'm romping through in order. A nice return to escape literature for me, after a recent heavy dose of history. This one involves Karp's dig into the facts of the JFK assassination. As always, it's a pleasure - familiar characters, with a surprise or two, the excellent writing I've come to expect, and enough plot twists to keep me turning the pages until way past bedtime.
Bob
This is a suspense novel that has a top NYC DA leaving his job to take on the task of revisiting the investigation of the JFK assassination for a Congressional Committee. Things are not easy and the promised pay is not forth coming as he and his friends who joined him delve into the secrets surrounding the event and the conflicts of the Warren report. Fictional, but a fairly good read.
Judy
I found this book to be a slow uninspired read, especially in the middle. I was glad to see that some of the usual cast of characters were included in this investigation away from NY. It was an interesting take on the JFK assassination. I'm definitely curious to see what's next for Butch and Marlene.
Bnschmid
This was an early Karp/Ciampi novel,and Marene Ciampi didn't kill one person or sick her Vietnamese gangster buddy on anyone,which was a bit of a letdown.Butch Karp was hired to find out who REALLY killed JFK,which he does at the end of course.But it's all so implausible,it kind of made me twitch a little.
Cory
Could have been so good but no. I couldn't even get through the first 20 pages without being annoyed!!
Butch Karp gets a job in D.C. investigating JFK's assassination. As expected, he has trouble navigating the politics and makes many people very upset with him. Good airplane reading.
Rebekkila
Nov 08, 2011 Rebekkila marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Mailmanr5
Re-investigation of JFK assassination by author who served Warren Commission. Not up to his usual standards but still a pretty good story.
Craig
Diane Large
I like Butch and Marlene. It's a very different take of the JFK assassination.
Jim Meyer
historical fiction...not my favorite genre.
Chris
Good Tanenbaum book.
Jackie Simons
Read 9/97
Michael Penny
Michael Penny marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
  • Dark Lady
  • Silent Justice (Ben Kincaid, #9)
  • 12: A Novel About the End of the Mayan Calendar
  • Guilt by Association
  • Where the Dead Lay
  • Last of the Seals
  • Deadly Distractions (A Stan Turner Mystery #5)
  • Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider
  • The Perk
  • Hart's War
  • Sins of the Flesh (Sins, #2)
  • Worlds in Collision
  • The Associate
  • WWE Encyclopedia - The Definitive Guide to World Wrestling Entertainment
  • The Plan
  • The Intruder
  • Encyclopedia of Haunted Places: Ghostly Locales from Around the World
  • Time Killer
Robert K. Tanenbaum is the New York Times bestselling author of twenty-five legal thrillers and has an accomplished legal career of his own. Before his first book was published, Tanenbaum had already been the Bureau Chief of the Criminal Courts, had run the Homicide Bureau, and had been in charge of the training program for the legal staff for the New York County District Attorney’s Office. He als...more
More about Robert K. Tanenbaum...
Reversible Error No Lesser Plea Absolute Rage Reckless Endangerment True Justice