Start by marking “Equal Opportunities” as Want to Read:
Equal Opportunities

Equal Opportunities

David thinks his love life is over when he is left unable to walk after a car accident. But then he meets kinky Mary, who finds the idea of a boy in a wheelchair too sexy for words.

But is their love affair just based on satisfying Mary's kinks, or on something deeper? As David's scars begin to heal, soon both of them are having to face questions about what their attraction
Published October 5th 2006 by Black Lace

To ask other readers questions about Equal Opportunities, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Equal Opportunities

Paula
Sep 21, 2012 Paula rated it really liked it
Okay. Not my usual genre. Halfway through this book I almost quit reading it because I didn't see how this relationship could possibly work and I didn't want to be around to see the fallout. Being the stubborn person that I am I kept with it for better or worse. I'm glad I did. I think this is a very well written story about a devotee w/strong S&M tendencies and her perfect victim with an HEA. I just couldn't stop reading this book and I highly recommend it to those who are curious about stu ...more
Dani
Sep 29, 2016 Dani rated it it was amazing
Probably my most favorite book in the devotee/S&M genre. Loved the dry humor and the views from both main characters. Could read this over and over
Ruth Madison (Dev Love Press)
Jul 10, 2011 Ruth Madison (Dev Love Press) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Very sexy read! The writing is sensual and sexy and I loved it even though I wouldn't want to do most of the things the characters do! It has an upbeat tone and great chemistry with the characters. I'm sure I'll be reading this one more than once!

Mary is a devotee and Madden's descriptions of her desires and feelings are astoundingly accurate.

Here is a brief excerpt:
"I have a thing. A bad thing. A perverted thing. A heart-stopping, lust-inducing, bad, secret, kinky thing. A thing for boys who ca
Rebecca
I think Megan Hart has spoiled me. While the characters were definitely interesting and amusing, the writing was definitely not on the same level as her books.

Even though I'd been warned about the S&M aspect, it still caught me a little off guard, lol. It definitely was . . . different.

It wasn't a bad book and one I enjoyed reading, but it doesn't do too much to elevate the genre (lol, I know, I know).

Even though the book is told from alternating perspectives, it definitely feels much more l
Anna Vasalaki
Jun 19, 2016 Anna Vasalaki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book for a couple of reasons. One is the writing, which is fun and engaging. The dry humour had me chuckling to myself during the first part of the book.

On a more serious note, it brings up an important question: If no harm is done and two consenting adults participate, why are certain things/behaviours perceived as "wrong"?

Maybe not everybody's cup of tea, but I loved the fact that, in a way, this book promoted the "live and let live" philosophy.
Sandra
Aug 12, 2011 Sandra rated it liked it
Quite interesting story, even though the kink is way to extrem for me. Not the kink for handicapped people, but more the fact that Mary could actually get aroused so often and so continuously by that man.
Carrie Sanders
Aug 29, 2016 Carrie Sanders rated it it was amazing
Superbly written, incredible characterization. Madden helps you to get inside the heads of her characters and understand deviant fetishism.
Victoria Darkins
Victoria Darkins rated it really liked it
May 22, 2014
Melissa Wolfe
Melissa Wolfe rated it liked it
May 04, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it it was ok
May 22, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2012
Ashleigh Tordiffe
Ashleigh Tordiffe rated it did not like it
Apr 26, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
May 31, 2014
Chie Alemán
Chie Alemán rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2012
S
S rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2013
Montana
Montana rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Tasha Croome
Tasha Croome rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2013
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2012
Claudia
Claudia rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2013
Alise Guerra
Alise Guerra rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Jeanie
Jeanie rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Daziechild
Daziechild rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2013
Jyoti Mundley
Jyoti Mundley rated it did not like it
Oct 20, 2016
Nozinabook
Nozinabook rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2012
Sherylgod
Sherylgod rated it liked it
May 21, 2014
Eleanore June
Eleanore June rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Chantelle
Chantelle rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
May 06, 2012
Brandi
Brandi rated it did not like it
Oct 25, 2010
Adriana
Adriana rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2012