Start by marking “Farragut North - Acting Edition” as Want to Read:
Farragut North - Acting Edition

Farragut North - Acting Edition

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Book annotation not available for this title.
Title: Farragut North
Author: Willimon, Beau
Publisher: Dramatist's Play Service
Publication Date: 2010/03/31
Number of Pages: 70
Binding Type: PAPERBACK
Library of Congress:
Published March 2nd 2010 by Dramatists Play Service, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Farragut North - Acting Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Farragut North - Acting Edition

Amanda
Probably hadn't read a play since high school but read this because the movie 'Ides of March' was based on it and it was nominated for best adapted screenplay. Very interesting to sort of 'see how the sausage' was made on this one. The play and the movie were vastly different. The movie was a huge improvement. Made for a quick read though and it was kind of cool to notice how characters are developed differently in plays than in books.
Sam Taylor
After being thoroughly impressed with the film adaptation , I was immediately interested in reading Farragut North, as it seemed to have many things I loved seeing in American political drama's: journalism, back-alley deals, double-crossing, scandals and much more. Therefore, I will simply say right off the bat, the film version is better.

While I won't say I was disappointed with Farragut North, it certainly is an entertaining and intriguing read and I imagine it makes a relatively straight for
colin
Nov 30, 2014 colin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: plays
politics? scandal? intrigue? yes, please.
notgettingenough
I wonder if the author wrote this, hoping it would get picked up as a movie? I sat through the Ides of March today, wondering how it could be that I'd seen it before. I guess that makes the play not particularly memorable. I just don't think there is enough in it and that applies to the movie too. Ryan Gosling looking like Ryan Gosling isn't enough.
Jeni
A look at the backroom of politics which is as fueled by prestige as the front of house is.
Great dialogue that reads as improv speech rather then a written word.

From a staging point of view; simple sets make is adaptable for most venues and budgets. The lack of pop culture candidate names make it ageless.

Good read. Cant wait to see it on stage.
REDD
very good fast read play....The movie THE IDES OF MARCH made an improvement of this play.
Victoria1909
Victoria1909 marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Sowmya Ashokkumar
Sowmya Ashokkumar marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Kerri
Kerri marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Dan Jones
Dan Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Paulo Muller
Paulo Muller marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Hevel Cava
Hevel Cava marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014