Start by marking “Zindagi Gulzar Hai ” as Want to Read:
Zindagi Gulzar Hai

Zindagi Gulzar Hai

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  614 ratings  ·  19 reviews

پیرِ کامل by Umera Ahmedپطرس کے مضامین [Patras Ke Mazameen] by Patras BukhariA Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed HanifPakistan by Anatol LievenNuskha-ha-e-Wafa by Faiz Ahmad Faiz
Best Pakistani Books
48th out of 97 books — 96 voters
Moth Smoke by Mohsin HamidThe Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin HamidKartography by Kamila ShamsieA Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed HanifCracking India by Bapsi Sidhwa
Notable Books by Pakistani Authors
156th out of 159 books — 121 voters

More lists with this book...

Anum
I am sitting here writing this review with a very heavy heart. Umera Ahmed is one of my favourite authors of all time and yet she has written something that falls just short of a complete waste of time. Yes this is a flame review, so beware Zaroon lovers, I am about to seriously bash him!

The only way I can begin to describe “Zindagi Gulzar Hai” is by saying that it is a sad excuse of a book that presents apologetic excuses for women to believe that their abuse by men is normal. It seems to sugg
Rosemean
It was a pointless story with way too many flaws! This is the first story by Umera Ahmed that I was completely disappointed and kept waiting maybe something worthwhile will happen!
Q.
I recently read another novel by the writer and reading in Urdu is fun so I decided to go ahead with the second one I had on my shelf by the same author. To say the least, the story disappointed me.
Let me begin by giving you a rough idea of what the story is about: there are two lead characters, Zaroon and Kashaf with very cliched qualities and the story is a love story. (gahh)
Zaroon: GCU student doing M.A. in Int'l Relations who is blessed with a great academic record and is arrogant (read pomp
Komal Ahsan
On the surface it seems that this book may not have a great story or plot however I thoroughly enjoyed reading about how the characters grew and matured over the course of the book. I think this is a good read for those of us who can appreciate that sometimes we should read about real life down to earth things rather than always need a grand story with a great climactic point and conflicts and resolution. It was like reading the diaries of two real people who I fell in love with while reding. De ...more
Maryam
Umera Ahmed is to0 good! This was the secod novel of her that I read. I was inclined to read it after watching two or so episodes of the serial made on it as I had to satisfy my curiousity :) I have to say that I was expecting abot more of drama in it.At the end I was like ,Now,Now,Now something exciting would happen but it never did. Nonetheless, learned some more lessons about life!
Short and sweet :)
Anum
Kashaf should have opened the Quran, read it and tried understanding it! -_-
True, in the end she understood all these were trials from ALLAH.. but still.. she never looked to Allah for help, rather tried doin it all her self. Khair..LOVED the way it's written through diary entriess!!
Anam Shabbir
I personally don't like this nOvel much....The plot is very weak!
Saleha Iqbal
Life is the name of Ups an Downs. We shouldn't blame Allah in hard time like we do__ me, you and mostly people. And in time of happiness we just enjoy time to death forgetting its from Allah and we need to thank Him in a proper way.

Real Muslims/people are those who believe in Allah at every time!

Love marriages are good but they lack that interesting thing which arrange marriages have.

The LOVE which grows between two people knowing its true and so write, is always so strong & deep though i
Nazish Islam
I was disappointed to read. Still cant believe How Umera Ahmed could write such pointless, baseless ridiculous love story. It was hard to believe it is same writer who wrote Amar bail and Peer E Kamil (SAWW).
ام علي
اول رواية باكستانية تشد انتباهي
قطعا الفضل يعود الى الدراما الباكستانية التي تبنت هذا العمل الجميل والسلس
كشف مرتضى) كم احببتك رغم جلافتك الغير مبررة مرات مع زارون ومع الحياة)
هذا العمل لامس قلبي جدا

والحوارات الرائعة
عميرة احمد كاتبة راقية
Cihan
Oct 16, 2013 Cihan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adult-Young Adult-Teen
Another wonderful and amazingly written book by extraordinary talented Umera Ahmed masha'ALLAH, I have no words to explain how much I 'adore' her books.

This book explains the hardship of a young woman who has not much in her life but good character and intelligence , Umera has shown the readers what treasure one can be if they do have moral values and quality of goodness, not to forget the role of a family in all of it.
Areej Ilyas
Another thought provoking book by Umera Ahmed. I really liked it.
Anam Shafiq
My first introduction to Umera Ahmed. An amazing story with a lesson that if you work hard & have belief on yourself,then ultimately everything will get right. ALLAH is never unjust to anyone.! :)
Fahad Naeem
The novel actually intensifies the trust of one on God. A good novel to read.
Hafsa
Love love love it!

Can't believe they are making the drama as well!
Abeera
good novel very well written the atmosphere of our society
Nafisa
Nov 28, 2012 Nafisa added it
29.11.2012
Qurat
Pointless!!
Mona
Mar 04, 2011 Mona added it
good
Taimur
Taimur marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Shyamli Sinha
Shyamli Sinha marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Sheeza Huq
Sheeza Huq marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Shubham Devram
Shubham Devram marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Mohammad Abrar
Mohammad Abrar marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
  • Raja Gidh
  • Akhir e Shab k Ham Safar
  • پیار کا پہلا شہر [Payar Ka Pehla Shehr]
  • لبیک [Labbaik]
  • Shikwa and Jawab-i-Shikwa (Complaint and Answer)
  • Toba Tek Singh: Stories
عمیرہ احمد کا شمار دورِ حاضر کے مقبول ترین اردو ناول اور ڈراما نگاروں میں ہوتا ہے۔ عمیرہ 10 دسمبر 1976ء کو صوبۂ پنجاب، پاکستان کے مشہور شہر سیالکوٹ میں پیدا ہوئیں اور مرے کالج، سیالکوٹ سے انگریزی ادب میں ماسٹرز کیا۔ وہ آرمی پبلک کالج، سیالکوٹ میں انگریزی زبان کی تدریس کرتی رہیں۔ بعد ازاں، تحریری کاموں پر پوری توجہ دینے کے لیے اُنھوں نے ملازمت چھوڑ دی۔
عمیرہ نے بہ طور مصنفہ اپنے کیریئر کا آغاز 1998ء
More about Umera Ahmed...
پیرِ کامل (Peer-e-Kamil) Meri Zaat Zarra-e-Benishan Amar Bail La Hasil Iman Umeed Aur Mohabbat