Start by marking “P is for Passport: A World Alphabet (Discover the World)” as Want to Read:
P is for Passport: A World Alphabet (Discover the World)

P is for Passport: A World Alphabet (Discover the World)

Celebrating the diversity in our world while cherishing our similarities, P is for Passport takes readers on a whirlwind tour of all the delights of the globe. From the everyday concerns of people everywhere for such things as bread and currency, to the wonders of our world such as deserts and volcanoes, Passport offers a fascinating variety of topics and ideas to explore. ...more
Published September 22nd 2003 by Sleeping Bear Press (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about P is for Passport, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about P is for Passport

Sandy
Nov 06, 2014 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Buon giorno! This is not your typical ABC book. I actually learned some information while reading this book as it is not geared for our younger ABC readers. Did you know the tongue of the blue whale can be the size of an elephant? Did you know the canopy in the rainforest can be so densely packed that it can take 10 minutes for raindrops to reach the jungle floor? Is it proper to belch after a meal in Taiwan? Sure, that’s considered a compliment to the chef. I love learning this stuff, I don’t ...more
Michelle McBeth
Apr 04, 2015 Michelle McBeth rated it really liked it
This story covers different aspects of places all over the world and some of the things you might experience as you travel. B is for the different types of bread you might eat. Under the letter I is a discussion of some of the islands around the world. Q is for some of the quests you might embark on. Each two page spread has paragraph in rhyme about the world and a side bar with a more lengthy explanation about places around the world.

The illustrations are created by many different artists which
Chelsie
Oct 27, 2014 Chelsie rated it it was amazing
This book celebrates diversity by allowing readers to take a journey to various locations across the world. This story also reveals the realistic privilege that is upon owning a passport. The different places you can journey to, many people you can meet, and diverse food you can become familiar with are all endless possibilities attained by having a passport to travel with. The genres of this story are realistic nonfiction, picture story book, and informational texts. This book would be ...more
Allie Tully
Apr 22, 2015 Allie Tully rated it liked it
The picture book is very useful because it is developmentally beneficial to all ages. It is great for younger kids in that it emphasizes the alphabet and words that correspond with each letter. For younger students, it could be read one or two pages per day; taken in small chunks. It is also good for older elementary kids because it contains a great deal of content about travel, habitats, cultures, climates, and landmarks. The illustrations are wonderful and display great detail.
Jen
Dec 29, 2010 Jen rated it it was ok
A great idea but I didn't think it was done as well as it could have been. I assumed it was a book that would use the alphabet to highlight other places in the world. Which it does in some parts. However, in many letters they use animals, D is desert, K is for knapsack, U is for under, too many themes. It's like the author couldn't decide about what he wanted to highlight. It is also a bit too wordy. Your tired 8 letters into the alphabet.
Angela
Jul 21, 2014 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, homeschool
Different from other alphabet books but fun and informative. Good at teaching kids about other places and larger words. I kind of wish it had 1 illustrator instead of each page being someone different. Made it a little disjointed.
May 01, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok
I like the idea of this book, going through the alphabet and around the world, but some of the letter choices are odd, and some of the pictures are not as awesome as others. But I think I will still use it for SRP promotion as an idea, around the world alphabet.
Karen Sonner
Karen Sonner rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Stephanie Stamm
Stephanie Stamm rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Darlene
Darlene rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Gauritamang
Gauritamang rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2013
Dan Cornellier
Dan Cornellier rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2013
Tara
Tara rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
May 04, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2016
Lauren Parks
Lauren Parks rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2009
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2012
Francine
Francine rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2008
E
E rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Todd
Todd rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Kelsey Yates
Kelsey Yates rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Dylan & Devon Tandoc
Dylan & Devon Tandoc rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2016
Lo
Lo rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2011
Cameo Olsen
Cameo Olsen rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Christina Maxwell
Christina Maxwell rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Debra
Debra rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2015

Discover the World (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • A is for America