Start by marking “Thea Stilton and the Cherry Blossom Adventure (Thea Stilton #6)” as Want to Read:
Thea Stilton and the Cherry Blossom Adventure (Thea Stilton #6)

Thea Stilton and the Cherry Blossom Adventure (Thea Stilton #6)

4.36  ·  Rating Details ·  2,553 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Geronimo's adventurous sister Thea is taking the publishing world by storm in this fabumouse tale packed with action, mystery, and friendship.

In this exciting adventure, the Thea Sisters are off to Japan on a cultural exchange program. While they're busy exploring Kyoto and admiring the beautiful cherry blossoms, a valuable doll is stolen from a wealthy Japanese collector.
Published March 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2009)

Tim The Enchanter
Jul 23, 2015 Tim The Enchanter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sydney-s-reads
This is the review of my 7 year old daughter Sydney.

Who is in the Book: This book has Thea, Nicky, Colette, Violet, Paulina, Pamela. They are all sisters (and mice). Their friends Kumi and Holger are also in the book.

Where does the Story take place: It takes place in Tokyo, Japan

What Happens in the Story: The story is about the sisters and their trip to Japan. While they are there, Kumi's father is kidnapped by ninja's and the sisters try and rescue him!

Why I liked the book: I liked this book be
Kiyoko
Aug 20, 2013 Kiyoko rated it it was amazing
They go to Japan my country, and they find a new friend called Kumi. Her father has the dool of the princess but it was STOLEN!!!! So they try to get it. They were able to do it! Yes!
Madissen
Apr 07, 2016 Madissen rated it it was amazing
I liked this book because it was an adventure with diffrent characters.Characters that I haven't heard in Geronimo Stilton.
Shawn
Mar 30, 2013 Shawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This was the first Thea Stilton book I have read and there wasn't much Thea Stilton in it. The story was about the "Thea Sisters" instead. A group of teenage girls who are friends with Thea and admire her so much they call themselves the Thea Sisters. The girls visit a Japanese school where they meet and become best friends with a Japanese student. A kidnapping, a theft and a betrayal set the stage for heartwarming reconciliation between father and daughter. In the end, the kidnapper, the thief ...more
Alex
Mar 18, 2012 Alex rated it it was amazing
I really like this book because the mouselings are so cool
Kelly
I read this book as part of an assignment to expand my knowledge on juvenile literature, since I work at a public library. I thought it was a nice fit, since I love Japan and have studied there. It truly was a cute book, an easy read and included a fun mystery. I enjoyed the facts on Japan, even though they were few, and were nicely detailed and accurate. The only thing that really bugged me about this book is the heavy "mouse" language. They don't talk, they "squeak," and so many words were ...more
Grace
Mar 07, 2015 Grace rated it it was ok
These books are great for kids but, unlike some children's books, do not translate well for adult readers. None of the Thea Sisters are developed well and despite the fun fonts and pictures, the books end up really boring me. I read this book out loud to second graders and, while they enjoyed it, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it as a read aloud. It doesn't roll off the tongue like some other books - anything by Roald Dahl is gold. Overall, great for kids 3rd-4th as independent reads, but not ...more
Heather
Jul 03, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
The sixth book in the Thea Stilton series, this book takes the Thea Sisters to Japan on an exchange program. The girls make instant friends with Kumi and start to learn about Kumi's family and Japan's culture as well. Suddenly Kumi's father disappears and the only thing to set him free is the one item Kumi's father is not willing to give up. Can they save the precious item and Kumi's father in time?

Great book with lots of very interesting information on customs and traditions of Japan and the Ja
Ganesh Rajasekaran
Jun 29, 2014 Ganesh Rajasekaran rated it it was amazing
Again it was an ever thrilling Thea Sister's adventure. The Thea Sisters are off to japan on another adventure. The nights where the sisters find the thief is ever so thrilling and gripping. Parts of the book where Japanese culture is explained is amazing.The graphics are indeed very attractive Its a book all bookworms will enjoy.It was the first Thea Stilton book I read and it indeed made me select other books of the kind.
H Nut
May 20, 2013 H Nut rated it liked it
I think it was one of the longest books I read. Well, actually, I think I just took a lot of time trying to read it. I liked how it told you that it was at Tokyo so it gave you a picture of Tokyo.

I really like Thea's sisters, Nicky, Collette, Pamela, Pauline and Violet. They are very nice characters.
Janice
Mar 06, 2014 Janice rated it it was amazing
The Thea Sisters visit the wonderful city of Tokyo where they meet new friends, but when their friend's father is kidnapped, they do everything they can to get him back. The story was exciting, but I thought the villain was kind of obvious. Otherwise, I would recommend this series to other kids because it's a nice book about friendships and helping others.
Tal
May 14, 2011 Tal rated it it was amazing
loved this book! i love how there is so much that students can learn about japan just by reading the book and the storyline is great as well! it's awesome! i love how each character is introduced and has their own picture. i love how there are clues and a review so that it helps lead in understanding how to solve a mystery. all of the makings of a great book!
Zara
Oct 09, 2014 Zara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mish
Thea Stilton and the Cherry Blossom Adventure is a great book about the 5 thea sisters and 1 new friend called Kumi. When Kumi's father gets kidnapped it's up to the thea sisters and Kumi to save Kumi's father.
Dwij
Oct 30, 2016 Dwij rated it liked it
It was okay. Having words that are in a font that indicates what they are about doesn't help. So if the word 'fear' looks a bit electric, crackling and all, it looks too desperate. Maybe I'm too old for this series which is why I haven't followed it up with other Thea Stilton books.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it
the thea sisters go to japan and see amazing sites. a robber steals a valuable doll. they find clues and figure out who stole the doll. i liked reading about all the sites they saw and the jewels they bought.
Georgina
May 04, 2012 Georgina rated it it was amazing
i liked it because there was a princess in it. the japanese princess. they went to japan, and they went to a fair. i didn't like it because there were some bad guys in it. and somebody wanted to steal their friend's dad.
Liz Carr
Jun 26, 2013 Liz Carr rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-with-rachel
The Thea Sisters travel to Japan to help Violet's father and the Bunraku puppet theater after their most treasured and oldest puppet is stolen.

Rich text clues, vivid illustrations, informative text boxes make this series both educational and entertaining.
Iana
Apr 18, 2012 Iana rated it really liked it
I love cherry blossoms and I feel like going to Osaka. My fave is Violet cause she is asian and she is Chinese and she can speak Jap! I think Nicky is adventurous, Violet vis chinky, Pam likes pizza, Colette is girly and Paulie is a comp genius!!
Chiara  Tomlinson!
May 21, 2012 Chiara Tomlinson! rated it it was amazing
(BLURB)
The Thea Sisters are off to Japan a cultural exchange program. When they're busy exploring Kyoto and admiring the bbeautiful cherry blossoms, a valuable item is stolen from their friend Kumi's family. Will the five mice be able to catch the theif???
Miel
Nov 29, 2014 Miel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cuándo era pequeña e ilusa, no conocía otro tipo de lecturas. Leía libros que me regalaran por ejemplo este, El misterio de la muñeca desaparecida, cuando tenía 7 años me parecía buena, ahora no me gusta. Mis gustos han ido cambiando.
Iris
Sep 06, 2015 Iris rated it liked it
Shelves: iris, books-i-own
it was ok, i wish i could've liked it more, but overall it was ok, i think i am growing from this series, not sure if to continue the books. i am not at all saying these books are bad or anything like that but i guess i just dont find it that interesting anymore.
Jenny
Dec 09, 2012 Jenny added it
What I thought of her books is that her books are awesome because i love mysteries and all of her books are so mysterious and when i read her books I always want to try to figure out who the culprit is before i was told
Lisa
Jun 17, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it
This book is really colourful and full of adjectives, it also have some fascinating information about Japan~
Iana
May 18, 2013 Iana rated it really liked it
This is my favourite book from Thea's books. Go on: http://growingtweensbooks.wordpress.com/ for the full review from me (y)
Kaytee
May 09, 2016 Kaytee rated it really liked it
the thea sisters were in japan and there was a guy in a black suit and he kidnapped one of thea's friends. they rescued him from a temple.
Molly
Jul 20, 2011 Molly rated it it was amazing
It may look like I don't like this book because it as 0 stars but I did this on a airport computer and it won't let me give any stars
Ida
Oct 14, 2014 Ida rated it it was amazing
This book is great as always. I recommend it to all ages between 10-13 these adventures will take you on a great journey. Should read it
Rebekah Zammit Munro
Great book! Its good that there is a twist on what is happening in the story not that they just go there to adventure but that they also have loads of fun!
Steph B
Jul 11, 2011 Steph B rated it liked it
It was a good book, but I think Thea herself should've been more involved. Geronimo Stilton books are sooooo much better.
Ella
Apr 22, 2015 Ella rated it really liked it
Cover: Nice
My Rating: 75/100
Overall: Alright
Page Turner: Sure
Recommend: Sure

COMMENTS: Nice little read.
  • Save the White Whale!

Thea Stilton (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Thea Stilton and the Dragon's Code (Thea Stilton #1)
  • Thea Stilton and the Mountain of Fire (Thea Stilton #2)
  • Thea Stilton and the Ghost of the Shipwreck (Thea Stilton #3)
  • Thea Stilton and the Secret City (Thea Stilton #4)
  • Thea Stilton And The Mystery In Paris (Thea Stilton, #5)
  • Thea Stilton and the Star Castaways (Thea Stilton #7)
  • Big Trouble in the Big Apple (Thea Stilton #8)
  • Thea Stilton and the Ice Treasure (Thea Stilton #9)
  • Thea Stilton and the Secret of the Old Castle (Thea Stilton #10)
  • Thea Stilton and the Blue Scarab Hunt (Thea Stilton #11)