Start by marking “Deadly Dreams (Mindhunters, #5)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Dreams (Mindhunters, #5)

Deadly Dreams (Mindhunters #5)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  317 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Risa Chandler's prescient dreams of death and murder haunted her nights. They also proved invaluable for Adam Raiker's brilliant team of forensic criminologists, the Mindhunters—until a tragic end to one case shattered Risa's confidence, and drove her into seclusion. But for Risa, there's no hiding from death—or from her dreams.

Though skeptical, Philadelphia homicide detec
Mass Market Paperback, 325 pages
Published April 5th 2011 by Berkley Sensation (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Dreams

Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareThe Darkest Hour by Maya Banks
I Love A Man In Uniform
344th out of 1,027 books — 1,032 voters
Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardSomething About You by Julie JamesNaked in Death by J.D. RobbDream Man by Linda HowardA Lot like Love by Julie James
Best Police Romances
69th out of 178 books — 154 voters

More lists with this book...

Catherine
*3.5 Stars*

This is the fifth book in the Mindhunters series, but it stands alone well. I haven’t read any of the previous books but I never felt lost while reading this. We meet some of the previous characters—and it’s possible that the heroine’s problems with her last case may have been shown in a previous book—but there was nothing tying them to the events in this book that would necessitate reading the previous books before this one.

Although this is listed as Romantic Suspense on the author’s
Lady Heather
This story was AMAZING!
Suspense, drama, mystery, romance..yep.. this book had it all!

LOVED this story, and I LOVE this series!

Bravo Ms. Brant for your writing, characters, and story telling!
Mojca
Another great installment in the Mindhunters series. After the “first trilogy” literally blew me away, the first book in the “second” one was quite a let-down and made me a little afraid to start the next one, but this one restored my faith in Ms. Brant.

For those of you, unfamiliar with this series, it’s about employees of a private investigative agency, often on loan to the government or police forces around USA offering their special services in difficult, tricky cases. These employees use a s
Keri
4.5 Stars for the suspense and 3 stars for the romance. Still a very good read. All of Raiker's investigators have special talents and Risa isn't any different. But after her last case she feels unable to cope with her talent or its aftereffects when things go wrong. She gets a visit from the sexy, gruff dark-eyed detective, Nate McGuire, about a burned dead body and her boss told his boss to have her come to the scene. Now neither one is happy about the situation. Risa at Raiker because he is p ...more
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
He believes in trial by fire. He captures and sets his victims on fire and gives them no mercy.

When it’s found out that someone is burning retired or active policemen it comes to the attention of Adam Raiker of The Mindhunters. One is his people Risa Chandler happens to currently be taking a medical leave after a harrowing experience in the same town as the latest victim. Risa has also started suffering from “dreams” again and her latest is of a man screaming as he is on fire.

Nate McGuire who
SheLove2Read
Good read. More mystery/suspense than romance, in fact very little romance, if that's what you're looking for. Could easily be read as a standalone. 4 stars
Bookaholics
Deadly Dreams by Kylie Brant
Romantic Suspense -April 1st, 2011
4 stars

Deadly Dreams is the fifth in Kylie Brant's suspenseful Mindhunters series but can easily be read by itself. In this spellbinding latest, the heroine must face her fears after her confidence and body takes a huge beating.

Risa Chandler worked for an elite organization until an unfortunate incident occurred which resulted in the death of a young child and several injured officers. She was also injured and as she recuperate, Risa
Melissa
This is the fifth book in the Mindhunters series. I accidentally read "Waking the Dead", the third book in the series, first and then went back and read the first two before reading books four and five. "Waking the Dead" remains my favorite but this was a solid book and a good addition to the series.

Risa is on leave from Raiker Forensics after an injury sustained on the job and, more importantly, a shattering of her trust in her own instincts to do her job. She is brought in unofficially to wor
jenjn79
I ended up rather disappointed in this book. I expected so much more from it and just didn't get any like I was hoping for.

Series Note:
Fifth book in the "Mindhunters" series about and independent forsenics agency and it's agents. I would suggest at least reading book 4 before reading this one. The first trilogy is pretty independent, but this second trilogy has an overall story arc.

Summary:
Marisa Chandler is an agent for Raiker forensics who has dreams about crimes - who did them, why, how, wher
Saly
Deadly Dreams is another Mindhunter outing and it is good. Solid really. The plot is basically cops are being burnt alive, some retired, some active and there doesn't seem to be a tangible connection. Risa is a employee of Adam Raiker, a few months ago she was injured in a rescue, her confidence shattered. So, she's been recuperating and staying with her mother. She thinks she is done with the job. Risa was a former cop, basketball player and has even been divorced. She has always had "dreams" p ...more
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Favorite Quote: “I might be able to come up with something better then ‘decent’ next time. But there is no way in hell I’m going with ‘Nate the Great’.”

Risa Chandler’s dreams of death are the bane of her existence but prove to be invaluable to Adam Raiker’s criminologist team, the Mindhunters. When a case goes horribly wrong, Risa goes into hiding to recover. But dreams never fade and soon Risa will have to risk everything to once again bring a killer to justice.

Risa Chandler is a profiler with
Tbabe001
Good story , very boring on romance. Action packed, I really didn't care for the psychic thing.
Sims
Fun read. Same exact love story as before, really diluted plot. Could have done without romance.
~Megan~
I love Kylie Brant's Mindhunters series, and this one turned out to be one of my favorites. Ms. Brant gave us a bit of the paranormal in this one, with our heroine dreaming of events involved in her case. Nate was a fantastic hero, and the personal issues with both of the two leads added so much to the story. I did figure out who the bad guy was, but not until pretty late in the book.

Excited to finally read Adam Raiker's story in the next book!!
Holly (Gladriel Fae)
This book was a fast read, shorter than some of the author's others in this series. It featured likable characters, and familiar faces were also featured, which I always enjoy. The ending was a little predictable, but all in all a good read, and I can't wait for the next book, which features the head of the organization the books are based on.
D.B. Reynolds
I really like the way Brant lets the attraction between Marisa Chandler and Nate McGuire build slowly. We all know they're attracted; we all know they'll end up together. But it's nice to see the slow build to the inevitable. Risa and Nate are both interesting, strong characters. I think this is maybe my second favorite of this series so far.
Linda S.
The storyline was a bit too confusing because it was full of so many characters, and several of the characters had aliases. Admittedly, I put the book down about 1/3 of the way in to read another book, but I had a lot of trouble keeping track of even the later characters.
Kjen
Another Mindhunters(: Love, love Brant's writing style. Her characters are fascinating and the story compelling. Slow starter on the romance in this one, but made up for it in the end. One more left in the series...Raiker's story. Ryne and Abbie's book is still my favorite.
Rachelle
A paranormal investigative thriller about overcoming feelings of failure, revenge, and letting go of responsibility. It's filled with action, danger, and touches of romance and the paranormal, reminiscent of Kay Hooper's "Bishop" series.
Anika
loved it! It's remarkable all the characters involve how the story comes together and here I'm trying to play PI and guess who the bad guy is and for most to the book I was wrong. The book is excellent.
Nancy
thsi book was a great book to grab you and take you along for the ride. I am going to read the rest of the series. Going to pick it up right now
Shelley
excellent series! keeps you wondering and trying to figure out the who dunnit!
Brandie
Brandie marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Jacob Causey
Jacob Causey is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2015
Haley Schnathorst
Haley Schnathorst marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
what did you think? 3 6 Oct 10, 2012 06:41PM
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • True Vision (True Trilogy #1)
  • Whisper of Warning (Glass Sisters, The #2)
  • Shiver of Fear (The Guardian Angelinos, #2)
  • Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)
  • No Escape (Delta Force, #3)
  • One Scream Away (Sheridan, #1)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Midnight Fear (Chasing Evil Trilogy, #2)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
  • At the Edge (Psychic Triplet Trilogy, #1)
The mother of five children, Kylie Brant claims she began writing to save her sanity. Plotting stories became her method of escape from the reality of constant ball games, chauffeuring kids, and refereeing "minor" disagreements between her perfect offspring.

In 1992 she was elated to get a call from Silhouette offering to buy her second novel. Home with laryngitis at the time, she still managed to
More about Kylie Brant...

Mindhunters (6 books)
  • Waking Nightmare (Mindhunters, #1)
  • Waking Evil (Mindhunters, #2)
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Deadly Intent (Mindhunters, #4)
  • Deadly Sins (Mindhunters, #6)
Waking Nightmare (Mindhunters, #1) Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3) Waking Evil (Mindhunters, #2) Deadly Intent (Mindhunters, #4) Deadly Sins (Mindhunters, #6)