Start by marking “On Call: Crossroads” as Want to Read:
On Call: Crossroads

On Call: Crossroads (On Call)

Dr. Keith Hoyer has lost patients before but never like this, not at sixteen and not by intent. Certain that he could have prevented the tragedy with some word or deed that he left unsaid or undone, Keith is desperate for a way to redeem his failure.

If he's going to practice medicine in a Third World country, Keith's lover, veterinarian Dante James says, he needs time to
ebook, 2nd edtion, 35 pages
Published September 15th 2010 by Rocky Ridge Press

To ask other readers questions about On Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Call

Jenre
Sep 25, 2010 Jenre rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
I’ve followed Keith and Dante from their first meeting in On Call: Afternoon to cementing their relationship in On Call: Dancing. The third, and probably final, story featuring these two wonderful men, begins with a funeral of a 16 year old boy, one of Keith’s patients who had come out to him a short time ago. Keith feels that the death wasn’t wholly an accident and as such wishes that he’d had more of an opportunity to speak to the boy and show him that his feelings for men were not sinful. The ...more
Blackravens Reviews
Jan 27, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it it was amazing
Kalyko’s Review:

In On Call: Crossroads PD Singer had me aching from the beginning. Keith’s grief over the death of the sixteen-year-old was definitely something that I could understand, and as we learned just why it hit him so hard my heart broke. It’s an extremely emotional issue that was handled beautifully and yet portrayed realistically. This death is one that left people totally undone and it’s one that should.

As sad and heartbreaking the underlying story is, the relationship between Keith
Eden Winters
Sep 16, 2010 Eden Winters rated it it was amazing
As much as I love Singer's work, this is my absolute favorite of her short stories, and delves further into the relationship Dante and Keith have formed. I cried, then smiled through my tears with this one at the tender "Awww" moments. As the proceeds from the sale go to support a worthy cause, I got to read a great story and do a good thing all in one shot.
Jewel
Aug 01, 2014 Jewel rated it really liked it
Dante and Keith are definitely committed to one another now. They haven't moved in together just yet, but things are moving in that direction. After a patient of Keith's dies, through no fault of Keith's, he still feels like he could have done more. Dante is there to help him through that. And the ending was so sweet.
Tam
Jan 24, 2011 Tam rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is the continuing story of Dante and Keith and very timely in light of what's happened in the last few weeks with the rash of young men committing suicide. Keith is devastated that he couldn't help a young man who died and he suspects killed himself for being gay. He feels maybe he should be doing something more useful like going abroad to help and Dante informs him that he'd go with him which sets off another chain of events when the two men take their relationship to the next level of com ...more
Suze
Jun 10, 2013 Suze rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: From author HAHAT 2013
Copy from author during 2013 HAHAT event.
I hadnt realised this was (book 3?) in a series but this did not detract from this book. i still got a good feel for Keith and Dante in this short story, how they were together, their personalities and a bit of history. No doubt all would be better having read the other stories leading up to here but definitely doable as a short coffee break read.
A lot of story in a small package!
Vio
Sep 08, 2012 Vio rated it really liked it
Aww this was so good and so sad, a heart breaker, handled with care and understanding. Keith and Dante are so sweet and Dante is awesome supporting Keith through the emotional upheaval, he's Keith's rock to hang on to. It shows off the best of both men and how wonderfully caring they both are, its a lovely story.
CB
Aug 14, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc-book
Cute, sweet short story. Part of a series and they are all entertaining, humorous, sexy and fun.
V
Jun 08, 2012 V rated it really liked it
Huge improvement, the cats are not part of the story (hallelujah).
Very nice sequel for sure.
May 20, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: on-call
Another good quick catch up story from the guys.
Tori Thompson
Mar 06, 2016 Tori Thompson rated it it was amazing
So good...
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Nov 12, 2011 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, ebook-owned, short
This is such a poignant short story.
I really like Keith and Dante and have put the other 2 shorts with them on my list of books I need to go get!!
Cryselle
May 20, 2011 Cryselle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, torquere
Patching some holes- full review is at my blog. Loved it. Poor Keith. Go, Dante!
Chris
Nov 26, 2010 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2010, ebook
Very good short m/m romance continuing the story of veterinarian Dante and doctor Keith, as Keith tries to come to grips with losing a patient.
Dilo Keith
Apr 20, 2013 Dilo Keith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebk
I loved this story for the reasons others have posted. (Sorry, I rarely have time to write reviews.)
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2011
Mara Ismine
Mara Ismine rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2011
Sabi
Sabi rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Kokopelli
Kokopelli rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2012
itmfiddler
itmfiddler rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2011
Mallory
Mallory rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2013
Pam
Pam rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2014
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2012
Heather Wright
Heather Wright rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2011
Staceyr
Staceyr rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Jamilla_
Jamilla_ rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Kelgar01
Kelgar01 rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2013
Bluesimplicity
Bluesimplicity rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2012
Jessa Ryan
Jessa Ryan rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2011
Karla
Karla rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2016
PD Singer lives in Colorado with her slightly bemused husband, two rowdy teenage boys, and thirty pounds of cats. She's a big believer in research, first-hand if possible, so the reader can be quite certain PD has skied down a mountain face-first, been stepped on by rodeo horses, acquired a potato burn or two, and will never, ever, write a novel that includes sky-diving.

When not writing, playing h
More about P.D. Singer...

On Call (5 books)