Start by marking “Swept Aside” as Want to Read:
Swept Aside

Swept Aside (Storm Front #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  607 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Shell-shocked after a nightmarish school shooting, Amalie Pope retreats to an aging plantation house near Bordelaise, Louisiana, to heal, physically and emotionally. She's there barely an hour when a tornado rips through. Mercifully the house is intact. She's stranded, but unafraid - until four escaped prisoners barge inside. The men are wounded and desperate - with one ex...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 391 pages
Published November 1st 2010 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Swept Aside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swept Aside

jenjn79
I've been curious as to how this story would play out after reading the first two books in this series, which delivered the build-up. I think Sala did a pretty good job with the story. It wasn't quite what I wanted, but I still liked it a lot.

Series Note:
Third book in Sala's "Storm Front" trilogy. The three books are tied together by a common event - a tornado going through town - but I think it may be possible to read them independently.

Summary:
Amalie Pope only recently barely survived a schoo...more
Linda
Jacqueline
This book is a very nice follow up to the first two. The first one was pretty weak. The second one was very good as to the suspense aspect, quite creepy in fact. This one had good suspense plus a much more solid romance than the first two.

The heroine, Amalie, a survivor of a school shooting, has just returned to Bordelaise where all three books are set in time for the tornado which all the books revolve around. She is dealing with PTSD and fragile health. She manages to be a strong woman standin...more
Noelle
This is my first Sharon Sala book and I really enjoyed the story. The love scenes could have had a little more heat to them but at least they were there! =)

Amalie Pope (h) suffering from PTSD after she was shot at the school were she taught, is returning home to Louisianna. The Vatican is the plantation house that has been in her family since 1804 and where she grew up living with her grandmother, now that her grandmother passed away (she had a heart attack when given the news that Amalie had be...more
Cara
This had some promise -- there were moments I really liked, like making head-"gang" member/sort-of-bad-guy Tug likable at some moments, and neighbor/old man Louis was someone who had more depth than I expected. But man: the explosive Lou just seemed stupid; hero Nick was not someone I loved (though yes, he did seem dashing and generally like a nice guy); some moments seemed a little over-dramatized, some a little unrealistic; and the ending came too soon + too neat -- like it was following a plo...more
Leah
It's been a long time since I read the first two books of this series (over a year), so I'm glad that this book was only loosely connected to the other ones. The book focuses on Nick Aroyo, an undercover DEA agent, who is on the run with three other criminals, and Amalie Pope, the woman whose house they invade. While the men are there, holding her hostage, Amalie begins to trust Nick and, when she learns the truth of him, she finally allows herself to admit she has feelings for him. Oh, but, sur...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in the Storm Front series and my favorite of the bunch. Amalie Pope has only just arrived at the old plantation house near Bordelaise, Louisiana, when a tornado hits. She ends up being held hostage by four escaped prisoners. One of the prisoners is undercover DEA agent Nick Aroyo.

Never a dull moment. The story ran at a fast pace and kept going til the end. Exciting and entertaining. Highly Recommended.
Gail
I loved this book. I think it was the best in The Storm Front trilogy. I loved the ending. It had lots of twists and turns and kept you guessing. Amalie is an amazing woman.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: A Storm Front Novel
Category: Suspense
Jane Stewart
Good suspense story. Good characters who get to know each other through stressful events. A little romance.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
When I think of this book, I don’t think romance, I think “let me tell you a story.” It’s a good story. It’s mostly suspense. By the end a couple gets together which makes it pleasing. The good guys (both the heroine and hero) do things to survive and succeed over the bad guys. There is good relationship development. It didn’t keep me glued to my seat. But that’s ok. It w...more
Barbra
Swept Aside is the 3rd Storm Front Trilogy of Sharon Sala's. Amalie Pope leaves her position as a teacher after having been a victim in a school shooting. Her grandmother's plantation home in Louisiana was left to her and she escapes there to recover from her trauma.

The town is recovering from a storm that leaves many searching for posessions, people and ways to repair any property left intact. The storm took out the entire back of the county jail, which was a holding place for four criminals. D...more
Ana
– Swept Aside by Susan Sala is an entertaining read full of intrigue, romance and drama. The third book in the Storm Front series, its plotline follows the aftermath of the tornado from a third perspective. Each story is good as a stand-alone, but together, they are much more powerful read.

Swept Aside is a powerful look at what could happen in the face of disaster and how one strong woman could handle herself and do what is not only best for her, but best for others even at the expense of her ow...more
Melanie Chabrol-
Amalie Pope decideds it is time to live in the wonderful mansion that she inherited from her late Grandmother. To heal from a shooting that happened in her old town. A little R&R never hurt anyone right? She is there barely an hour when a tornado rips thru the Bayou country and she is lucky that her house is still intact.
In that tornado a child went missing, Bobby that was in part2 and there are 4 prisoners unaccounted for.... One of them being an undercover DEA operative Nick Aroyo. thinki...more
~Megan~
Brilliant end to the Storm Front trilogy! I'm glad I read them very close to each other because it kept all the characters and happenings fresh in my mind. These books are all happening simultaneously, and you have to feel terrible for Chief Porter as he's dealing with a murderer, a child molester, and a band of escaped convicts on top of the tornado that has torn apart his town.

Nick was so perfect, an undercover DEA agent trying to maintain his cover and still keep innocent Amalie safe. Lots o...more
Lesli
Like the first, this is more soap opera than romantic suspense. The story and characters are improbable beyond a suspension of disbelief.
Darlene
Just didn't seem to go anywheres for me.
Dovie Skidmore
A pretty good book

This was a good book. A lot better than the first in the series. Good romance and good drama. I love this author.
Joanne
I had won these three books from Sharon's contest and I will be buying her books from now on......great author, love the character's..........and I usually read historial romance, but I do stray sometimes, and this was a great stray.......

I say, move over Nora Roberts!!!

You feel like your standing right beside the characters and enuring it all with them.....the good and the bad.

All 3 of these bks are page turners......
April
Awesome third book in the series. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

Amalie is a great character and you really feel for her. she has such strength! Oh and Nick...sigh...what a guy!

Super light on steam but this is not about the hot and heavy. Great story telling!
Katy
Not what I expected from Sharon Sala, but I liked the story and would probably reread it. A teacher who was shot during a school shooting returns to her grandmother's home to heal emotionally. Within hours, she's facing another danger that is just as deadly.
Teotakuu
I enjoyed this book although I do wish I had been able to find the second volume of the trilogy first. It was light enough to be a quick read, suspenseful enough to make me want to finish it and romantic enough to suit the mood I was in
Jeannie L
I enjoyed this trilogy and I feel that the connection she's put in this series is really good. There are a few scenes that were connected really well between the 3 books.

Overall, I enjoyed reading and the suspense in each of this series.
Cat Chiappa
Like the first, this was a fun fast read. As far as trashy novels go I give it three starts, but if I were to rate it against quality literature I would give it two starts. A good addition to this trio of books though.
Cheryl Karkoff
Third book in the series, all centering on the aftermath of a tornado. Any of these can be read alone they just have some of the same characters with three events happening at the same time. Very entertaing.
C
Book-swap with a co-worker, said if I liked Stephanie Plum novels to read this one....entertaining, steamy in places, however unlikely ha. Felt like a good crappy weather stay indoors and read book.
S Galbreath
I could not put the book down until I knew what was happening on the next page... After I was finished I kind of let out a sigh of relief...like finally she was...??? Can't tell you!
Annette Clair
Sad to see this series end; was great! Nothing new there though, Sharon Sala's books are ALWAYS great... ever mention that she's one of my favorites, EVER? Just sayin'.

:D
Glenn Harris
Final book of this very interesting trilogy. All three stories take place more or less at the same time in and around the same Louisiana tornado.
Whtyac
It was compelling interesting but seemed a bit wordy at times. I was cheering the heroine on from the beginning.
John Hanscom
Actually, probably 3 1/2. A nice, exciting story, of little depth and a little predictable, but still a fun read.
  • White Heat (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #1)
  • Mimosa Grove
  • Killing Me Softly (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #1)
  • On the Edge: WITH Capsized AND Shelter Island AND Bougainvillea
  • Watch Over Me (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #9) (Goddard Project, #4)
  • Cold Dawn (Black Falls, #3)
  • The Hart Brothers Rey & Leo
  • If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)
  • Shattered (High Risk, #3)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
Sharon Sala has been a published author since 1991, and has also written under the pseudonym Dinah McCall, although the last McCall book was released in March of 2007.
Her 76th book, THE HEALER, was released in April 2008. She's a member of Romance Writers of America and writes mostly romantic suspense and paranormal romantic suspense for Harlequin Enterprises, Silhouette Books, and at one time, a...more
More about Sharon Sala...
Out of the Dark Missing Nine Lives (Cat Dupree, #1) Blown Away Snowfall