Start by marking “Pinned for Murder” as Want to Read:
Pinned for Murder

Pinned for Murder (A Southern Sewing Circle #3)

The members of South Carolina's Sweet Briar Ladies Society sewing circle are as loyal and close-knit as the day is long. But when the richest and meanest woman in town turns up murdered, the new Yankee librarian Tori Sinclair finds that some threads can bind dangerously tight.
Published October 1st 2010 by Berkley Books (first published September 11th 2010)

Caroline
Oct 02, 2010 Caroline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! This is a good cozy and it's why I read a lot of cozies. If I want angst and horror and strife, I'll watch the news, thank you very much. This is a good book in that the characters are all believable and, like the protag, I have friends of all ages. There are a lot of good life lessons in this book but it's entertaining and uplifting and complicated enough to keep my attention. I enjoy the relationship between Tori and Milo and the relationships Tori has with a ...more
Michelle Randall
Pinned for Murder is the third book in the Southern Sewing Circle mystery series. As with this series, it is well-written, stepped in Southern tradition and lore, and enjoyable to the end.

The story begins with the town having been hit by a tropical storm, something that is not all that common, but then again not uncommon in the southern states. The library has minimal damage, mostly the bottom shelf of books, but it fairs better than alot of the older homes in town.

In this story, we visit our fa
Amy
Dec 15, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I continued my reading directly to this book from the second and was able to connect better to the character development. I like how Tori continues to bond with her fellow Sewing Circle friends and I am enjoying how her relationship with Milo continues to progress. There are several suspects and each has conflicting motives for wanting the character dead. (the back cover doesn't state who is killed so I won't be a spoiler here).

My criticism of the book are that we are constantly reminded that To
Cassandra
There's something missing in these characters that I can't put my finger on just yet. I'm trying to finish but this series isn't appealing enough for me. I've read many crafter series and this one is boring me. I think the plots are a little too predictable. But I'll continue to see if it gets better.
Melodie
Mar 30, 2011 Melodie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
This is the first in the series that I've read and I didn't love it. The characters were almost TOO ooey-gooey sweet & nice. I can't think of one person I know like that, let alone a whole group of them! I've got the newest in the series (I couldn't resist the pretty cover!) and sure hope I like it better!
Barbara ★
This is the first I've read by this author and honestly I didn't like it. It was too predictable and the culprit was obvious from the first entry in the story. I didn't particularly like Tori and the old biddies were irritating. Maybe this "sweet southern story" just isn't my thing.
Teri Stich
This series is just plain fun! No the writing isn't the greatest and character development could go much further but it's a fun cozy mystery about a Sewing Group and librarian. Come on what's not to love!
Dyana
Jun 14, 2016 Dyana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping that this series would become more complex and less saccharine, but not so.

The 3rd in the series opens with Librarian Tori/Victoria cleaning out the bottom shelves of water damaged books after tropical storm "Roger" sweeps through the town of Sweet Briar, S.C. The storm also damaged several homes including elderly Rose Winter's who is a member of the sewing club that Tori belongs to. Her nasty tempered and prejudiced neighbor, Martha Jane Barker, has also sustained damage to her hom
Lisa Kelley
Apr 19, 2013 Lisa Kelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SEW DEADLY, DEATH THREADS and PINNED FOR MURDER by Elizabeth Lynn Casey.

I'm new to the party on this series. But the good news for me---I still have 5 more of the series in my TBR stack to enjoy! The newest being REMNANTS OF MURDER, released earlier this month.

I fell in love with Tori/Victoria and the people of Sweet Briar from page one of Sew Deadly. Ms. Casey kept me guessing through all 3 stories. Not only that, she kept me laughing! Out loud at times!

The members of the Sweet Briars Ladies So
Idania M
Mar 21, 2016 Idania M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A tropical storm ravages Sweet Briar. Many of the town folks are busy cleaning up the damage left behind. Some of the folks are getting help from a band of drifters who come to different towns when they is damages seeking work. Tori has her hands full a lot of library books got damage due to the storm.Tori hears that her friend Rose's house was heavily hit by the storm.Tori and the other ladies are concerned about Rose. Rose assure them that her former student Kenny Murdock will be doing the rep ...more
Melissa
Feb 12, 2017 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy this series. The ladies of the Southern Sewing Circle are really sweet ( and sometimes funny ) and enjoy helping their Community!

The mystery had me guessing until the end.
Paula Ratcliffe
Eileen
Oct 12, 2011 Eileen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story of a young librarian who moves to the South where she joins the Sweet Briar Sewing Circle and ends up solving murders. Following a tropical storm that caused much damage, "drifters" come in to repair the broken windows and replace roof tiles. Then there's a murder. Not having read the earlier books in the series, I don't know what the chemistry was within the group before. Casey has done a good job of building the characters, because I can easily visualize the Leona character, ...more
Kelley
Jun 01, 2010 Kelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished this book yesterday afternoon and it was a nice, quick read. What I enjoy most about this series the friendship all of the ladies enjoy. It's set in the South and the author showcases the relationships of the female characters over any murder or mystery. It's almost as if she wants to write about life in the south among modern day friends and a murder just happens to come along in the middle of the story...which actually works for this series. The friendships are real and the dialogue r ...more
Judy Iliff
Mar 07, 2011 Judy Iliff rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Like I've said before, I do enjoy this series.

Tropical Storm Roger has hit Sweet Briar, SC, and there is much damage in the town. At the library, where Tori Sinclair is head librarian, water got in around the windows and all the books on the bottom shelves were ruined. Itinerant works follow these storms from town to town, cleaning up the mess left behind by the storms. When the richest and meanest woman of Sweet Briar turns up dead, Tori does not believe the person accused of the murder actuall
Grey853
Nov 02, 2010 Grey853 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, cozy
Lynda
Feb 01, 2011 Lynda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable visit to Sweet Briar where Tori Sinclair and her sewing circle friends become involved in a murder and clearing the main suspect. One of the town's most unpleasant residents is found dead in her home shortly after wrongly accusing a local handyman of stealing her money. The town library and other buildings have suffered damage from violent storms and several so-called drifters are in town looking for work repairing the damage. As usual other plot lines such as Tori and Milo's b ...more
Alycia
Jul 14, 2016 Alycia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy, m-z
Not entirely sure how I feel about this series. I like the main character, but the ladies of the sewing club can be downright repellent. Especially in the first couple of books they conformed to every negative stereotype I've ever had about small-town (particularly Southern) people with their cliquishness, and willingness to tear someone 'different' apart. Some of the characters did seem to grow out of this a bit in this book, but I'm not sure if I'll continue if book 4 is back to the same formu ...more
Kimberly
Jun 18, 2013 Kimberly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Too good to be true This was so nice and so calm. Victoria and her friends are so sweet and they make living in a small town sound like an interesting experience.
My real issue with this is that everything felt so predictable. As soon as Curtis and Doug were mentioned, I figured out their connection to the story. I don't know if that ruined the whole story for me or if it made me happy I could finally figure out who did it before the main character did.
In any case, I like this series. It's nice
Linda Smatzny
Dec 13, 2015 Linda Smatzny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the Southern Sewing Circle featuring Tori Sinclair. A storm has gone thru Sweet Briar and the damage is severe at several homes including Rose and her neighbor, Martha Jane Barker. When Martha discovers her money is missing, she accuses Kenny Murdock, a former student of Rose. Tori finds the missing money and Kenny is cleared. But when Martha is killed once again Kenny is blamed. Tori still feels something is wrong and decides to try and find the real killer. The book w ...more
Kate
Oct 25, 2010 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book in the Southern Sewing Circle series and I really enjoyed it. Tori, a librarian who new to living in the South, is part of a group of local women who meet once a week (sometimes more) to gossip, eat and work on their sewing projects. When one of the elderly member's mentors is accused of murder, Tori tries to exonerate the man and calm her friend. There are a few twists and turns along the way, and there's also a little romance. All in all this was a very COZY cozy and I r ...more
Natalie
Nov 12, 2011 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was better than I expected. I wanted to finish more of my craft mysteries before the next big sale so I wouldn't feel guilty about buying more. If I see some by this woman I'll pick them up. I enjoyed the characters and didn't solve the mystery in the first few chapters :-) As a bonus, the directions for how to make a fleece boa scarf are in the back. I have two that are the school colors (I bought them at the Homecoming parade) but now I know how to make others so I can not only knit scarv ...more
Susan
Librarian Victoria is disturbed that her good friend and fellow seamstress, retired teacher Rose Winter, is so upset. A student whom Rose nurtured for many years, now an adult, is accused of murder. Rose knows, of course, that Kenny is short-tempered and not as intelligent as some, but she trusts his inherent goodness of heart. But all the evidence is against him, except for Victoria's growing suspicion that Rose is right.
Emily Cullen
Aug 30, 2016 Emily Cullen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the wealthiest and nastiest women in Sweet Briar, NC winds up murdered, and a mentally challenged adult is sitting in prison for it. Something doesn't sit right for librarian and sewer enthusiast Tori Sinclair and she gets involved in finding out who really did it. I really like the "Southern Sewing Circle" cozy mystery series. Great mysteries and supporting cast, plus I really like Tori. It's a nice series to settle down with and I will be getting book number four!
Margaret
I didn't actually read the entire book as I was bored beyond belief by the characters, plot, and writing style. I just found it totally unbelievable (how many times can you point out that Kenny Rogers does not live anywhere near this town!!!). The book felt like a writing assignment for junior high (there really isn't any mature character insight by any of the ladies). Every action and reaction is such a cliche. Won't try this author again.
Sandybear76
Tori, the Yankee librarian from Chicago, and her sewing circle friends of Sweet Briar, SC are worried about their oldest sewing circle friend Rose, who is championing a former student from a charge of murder. After Hurricane Roger has come there Sweet Briar, the drifters and storm chasers have come to the little town to help with the clean up. Instead, Martha Jane, a very grumpy old lady neighbor of Rose, is found dead.
Stacy Brown
Very quick read, enjoyable characters in a charming setting. The only thing that I struggle with is how the author stated in the first book in the series that the town was quiet and had had no murders, but that seems to be rapidly changing over the course of a few books and a time span of less than a year.
Kayt18
Jul 29, 2013 Kayt18 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love this series. great writing and characters. i love that in ms Casey's books you dont know the killer from the beginning or middle and wonder why the lead character is having so much trouble. this is another great cozy in this wonderful series. very likeable characters, wonderful repartee, and just a whole load of fun!!
Joan
Jun 16, 2016 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is humor, mystery, romance, and heartfelt friendship among the interesting characters in Pinned for Murder. It could be improved by condensing some of the descriptions, which, at the beginning chapters especially, seem to go on and on.
Kathy
Feb 12, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This is the third in this series and I found it just as enjoyable as the first. The characters are continuing to grow and the author has remained true to her plots. Tori is a wonderful leading lady and I find myself wishing she were a real person. I would love to be a member of her club.
  • Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)
  • A Stitch in Crime (Crochet Mystery, #4)
  • Stitch Me Deadly (An Embroidery Mystery, #2)
  • Ocean Waves (A Quilting Mystery, #3)
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
  • Dipped, Stripped, and Dead (A Daring Finds Mystery, #1)
  • Getting Old Is a Disaster (Gladdy Gold, #5)
  • A Fitting End (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #2)
  • Sinister Sprinkles (Donut Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Harrowing Hats (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #4)
  • Fruit of All Evil (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #2)
  • Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)
  • Rotten to the Core (Orchard, #2)

A Southern Sewing Circle (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Sew Deadly (A Southern Sewing Circle, #1)
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
  • Deadly Notions (A Southern Sewing Circle, #4)
  • Dangerous Alterations (A Southern Sewing Circle, #5)
  • Reap What You Sew (A Southern Sewing Circle, #6)
  • Let It Sew (A Southern Sewing Circle, #7)
  • Remnants of Murder (A Southern Sewing Circle, #8)
  • Taken In (A Southern Sewing Circle #9)
  • Wedding Duress (A Southern Sewing Circle #10)
  • Needle and Dread (A Southern Sewing Circle #11)