Start by marking “Gone” as Want to Read:

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A group of employees trying to have a weekend of bonding in the woods. What they get, however, is a weekend of unrelenting terror. What is making them disappear one at a time? Why can't they leave? Will any of them make it back or will all of them end up "Gone?"
Published (first published June 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gone

Colleen Ray
This had great potential but fell completely flat for me. The author started with a great premise (though certainly not an original one), then seemed to have no idea how to develop it. I found there to be no suspense, and little plot.

I started skimmming through this one at about the 30% mark, because all I was reading was filler, mundane activities, and internal angst of the main character.

On top of the poor story development, the editing was nonexistent.

Unless you can pick it up free and have
3.7 Stars.
I thought of reading this book after seeing the title to spook myself chilly ( because it's the Halloween week).So I downloaded it immediately on Aldiko. But it turned out to be sci-fi(lol).Nevertheless, it was a pretty good one.

Seven friends,Dave,Joe,Jay,Karmen,Christian,Nancy and Carlos go on a camping trip to an unknown place in Wisconsin. The trip meant for bonding and having fun,turned out to be a nightmare instead.One by one the friends start disappearing in the middle of the nig
This book was well written. It started out with some friends going on a camping trip, and the trip turned into a vacation none of them expected. I have to admit I was very curious to see how the book would end. I personally would have preferred a different ending, but I have to admit I enjoyed the book. It was very different compared to what I usually read, but it was good. I would read another book by this author, definately.
I’ve always enjoyed the classic horror trope of we-all-go-to-the-woods-and-shit-gets-real, so I was intrigued to see what Alaspa did with it. There’s enough different in the plot to keep you reading, in spite of some awkward sentence-level writing.

People disappearing from their tents and leaving their clothes behind, one per night, is a nice subtle change to what one generally sees in the everyone in the woods story. Usually people get eaten by zombies or axe murdered or something obvious. A sim
Jeannie Sloan
A very good story.
A group of friends go camping at a place that they have never been before and one by one they disappear.
The authors keeps the pace moving on and on with interesting happenings throughout this short novella.
I am already a chicken when it comes to sleeping in the woods and this story just solidifies my apprehension of sleeping outdoors.
The ending could have given us some more answers but I liked what he did.He left it open to interpretation which I think is a good thing when it c
Faye Hicks
I found the premise of the book potentially interesting and the story moved along quickly and (mostly) kept my interest. I only put it down a few times because I was curious to discover exactly what was going on and why. However, the ending was weak and inconclusive. I also found the many, many typos and grammatical errors really detracted from the story. With some rigorous editing, and a stronger ending, this book could be much more enjoyable.

Read the full review at: http://indiepicks.wordpres
It was definitely different from everything else I've read & it was a good read but I'm wasn't pleased at all with the ending. It was very abrupt & it seemed like the author ran out of time. To be honest, I skimmed the last 5 or so pages because it was all just words to fill the space. If you read it, you'll see what I mean.
Dave Pope
Had the editing been a little tighter this would have easily garnered four stars from me. It is a short, tense read that keeps the reader wondering throughout. A camping trip turns into a terror filled experience where one by one the campers are taken out of the equation.
A supernatural/horror novella. Not a genre I read often, but this was a well told story of a small group of people who go for a camping weekend in the middle of nowhere (well, Wisconsin). Unfortunately the many typing errors did detract somewhat from the reading experience.
M.L. Roos
Editing was better in this but still not a clean copy. Interesting read. Really liked the premise and the story. The writing was a little stilted and could have been tightened up. The temporal beats were too staccato in too many places which threw me off.
Brenda Seaberg
Brenda Seaberg marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Danika Michelle Wilkes
Danika Michelle Wilkes marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Butch marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Sumeet Tupe
Sumeet Tupe marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Desert Rose
Desert Rose marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Denisa marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Jeff marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Carolyn F.
Carolyn F. marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Danelle marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Larry marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Toni Michelle-Editor
Toni Michelle-Editor marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
I was born in the fine year of 1971 in Park Ridge, IL. I am a life long Chicago resident and I love the city. I spent a few years in St. Louis, as well. I knew I wanted to write from the time I sat down at my mom's electric typewriter in the 3rd grade. Now I do write. I write freelance and articles for online news sources. I write horror, thrillers and detective novels. I also write non-fiction in ...more
More about Bryan W. Alaspa...