Start by marking “Gone” as Want to Read:
Gone

Gone

A group of employees trying to have a weekend of bonding in the woods. What they get, however, is a weekend of unrelenting terror. What is making them disappear one at a time? Why can't they leave? Will any of them make it back or will all of them end up "Gone?"
Published (first published June 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gone

Colleen Ray
Nov 08, 2015 Colleen Ray rated it it was ok
This had great potential but fell completely flat for me. The author started with a great premise (though certainly not an original one), then seemed to have no idea how to develop it. I found there to be no suspense, and little plot.

I started skimmming through this one at about the 30% mark, because all I was reading was filler, mundane activities, and internal angst of the main character.

On top of the poor story development, the editing was nonexistent.

Unless you can pick it up free and have
VLynch
Jan 06, 2011 VLynch rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This book was well written. It started out with some friends going on a camping trip, and the trip turned into a vacation none of them expected. I have to admit I was very curious to see how the book would end. I personally would have preferred a different ending, but I have to admit I enjoyed the book. It was very different compared to what I usually read, but it was good. I would read another book by this author, definately.
Amanda
I’ve always enjoyed the classic horror trope of we-all-go-to-the-woods-and-shit-gets-real, so I was intrigued to see what Alaspa did with it. There’s enough different in the plot to keep you reading, in spite of some awkward sentence-level writing.

People disappearing from their tents and leaving their clothes behind, one per night, is a nice subtle change to what one generally sees in the everyone in the woods story. Usually people get eaten by zombies or axe murdered or something obvious. A sim
Madhu (Madhu LovesBooks)
Oct 26, 2015 Madhu (Madhu LovesBooks) rated it really liked it
3.7 Stars.
I thought of reading this book after seeing the title to spook myself chilly ( because it's the Halloween week).So I downloaded it immediately on Aldiko. But it turned out to be sci-fi(lol).Nevertheless, it was a pretty good one.

Seven friends,Dave,Joe,Jay,Karmen,Christian,Nancy and Carlos go on a camping trip to an unknown place in Wisconsin. The trip meant for bonding and having fun,turned out to be a nightmare instead.One by one the friends start disappearing in the middle of the nig
Faye Hicks
I found the premise of the book potentially interesting and the story moved along quickly and (mostly) kept my interest. I only put it down a few times because I was curious to discover exactly what was going on and why. However, the ending was weak and inconclusive. I also found the many, many typos and grammatical errors really detracted from the story. With some rigorous editing, and a stronger ending, this book could be much more enjoyable.

Read the full review at: http://indiepicks.wordpres
Jeannie Sloan
Aug 15, 2011 Jeannie Sloan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good story.
A group of friends go camping at a place that they have never been before and one by one they disappear.
The authors keeps the pace moving on and on with interesting happenings throughout this short novella.
I am already a chicken when it comes to sleeping in the woods and this story just solidifies my apprehension of sleeping outdoors.
The ending could have given us some more answers but I liked what he did.He left it open to interpretation which I think is a good thing when it c
L
Apr 12, 2011 L rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
It was definitely different from everything else I've read & it was a good read but I'm wasn't pleased at all with the ending. It was very abrupt & it seemed like the author ran out of time. To be honest, I skimmed the last 5 or so pages because it was all just words to fill the space. If you read it, you'll see what I mean.
Dave Pope
Had the editing been a little tighter this would have easily garnered four stars from me. It is a short, tense read that keeps the reader wondering throughout. A camping trip turns into a terror filled experience where one by one the campers are taken out of the equation.
Jack
Feb 28, 2011 Jack rated it liked it
A supernatural/horror novella. Not a genre I read often, but this was a well told story of a small group of people who go for a camping weekend in the middle of nowhere (well, Wisconsin). Unfortunately the many typing errors did detract somewhat from the reading experience.
M.L. Roos
Jan 16, 2013 M.L. Roos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Editing was better in this but still not a clean copy. Interesting read. Really liked the premise and the story. The writing was a little stilted and could have been tightened up. The temporal beats were too staccato in too many places which threw me off.
Sissel
Sissel rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2013
Sid
Sid rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2016
Deborah
Deborah rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2011
Kristina Angeli Bagaoisan
Kristina Angeli Bagaoisan rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Hani
Hani rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2013
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Cassie Kraft
Cassie Kraft rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2015
Luckygirl360
Luckygirl360 rated it it was ok
Sep 15, 2010
Lisa C.
Lisa C. rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2015
Elvis Black
Elvis Black rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Desirae Sisler
Desirae Sisler rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2014
Ninoshka•~
Ninoshka•~ rated it did not like it
May 04, 2012
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Reader
Reader rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Dee
Dee rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2011
Bookfan92
Bookfan92 rated it liked it
May 20, 2012
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2012
I was born in the fine year of 1971 in Park Ridge, IL. I am a life long Chicago resident and I love the city. I spent a few years in St. Louis, as well. I knew I wanted to write from the time I sat down at my mom's electric typewriter in the 3rd grade. Now I do write. I write freelance and articles for online news sources. I write horror, thrillers and detective novels. I also write non-fiction in ...more
More about Bryan W. Alaspa...