Start by marking “Romantic Vignettes” as Want to Read:
Romantic Vignettes

Romantic Vignettes

An Anthology of Three Premiere Novellas by Marcia Lynn McClure (Novella 1) THE UNOBTAINABLE ONE THE CHILD WAS STRAWBERRY-SWEET AND LOVING...BUT THE MAN WAS FORBIDDEN FRUIT. Annette Jordan had accepted the unavoidable reality that she must toil as a governess to provide for herself. Annette Jordan had accepted the unavoidable reality that she must toil as a governess to pro ...more
Published August 30th 2010 by Distractions Ink

To ask other readers questions about Romantic Vignettes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romantic Vignettes

Katie W
Sep 14, 2010 Katie W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I heard that this novel was a compilation of Marcia Lynn McClure's earliest stories, so I was fully expecting them to be....well, not quite as good as her newer books. An author takes awhile to be great, right? Wow--I was definitely proven wrong!! These three stories are every bit as good as her newer stuff. Full of romantic tension, handsome men, beautiful gals. I loved every minute of these three stories and didn't want them to end!
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
The Unobtainable One
I love this story and the history behind it. For those who don’t know, this is the first story Marcia wrote, for a close friend of hers. How lucky to have a friend write a book for you, what an honor. This is a sweet regency-type story. Annette goes to work as a governess for Lord Barrett, taking care of his young sister. There is plenty packed into this little gem, we have a ball, a robbery, an attack, an attempted seduction and a sweet happily ever after. I do think her her
Heather
Overall, I gave 5 stars because it's fun to see how Marcia got her start and I enjoyed her Authors notes. Seperatetly, I give 3 stars to The Unobtainable One, 4.5 stars for The General's Ambition, and 5 stars to Indebted Deliverance. LOVED Indebted Deliverance (Marcia, Please make a longer version of it someday!)

The Unobtainable One was a cute story and neat that it was Marcia's very first, and how she made her start, but it definetely wasn't my favorite. I'm not sure how it was lacking, but I
Jennybug
I was expecting to read a fun romance story. Well, I ended up reading three. What made this book so enjoyable is that the author gave us a little peek into her life as she first got started writing romance stories. I loved reading her notes after each story. It is almost a story within a a story. I loved how she shared about her hero's revealing their muscular chests, as a way to let her friends know that she is thinking of them. Too funny!
Emily
Sep 16, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man I really enjoyed these novellas! I totally had school to do this morning but this distracted me all day...
The heroes were great and even for these being Marcia's first stories, they were just as exciting and romantic if a little shorter. The last two are tied for favorite of them but the first one was very sweet as well. I highly recommend this to any who love her other books!
Kathy
Aug 31, 2010 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've already read the ebooks so I started on the author's notes. Loved them! Great book for those who already love Marcia's books. Don't start with this one. Read her other books first to fully appreciate this one. Included are the first 3 stories Marcia wrote.
Teya Peck
Jul 01, 2012 Teya Peck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Macia does not give herself enough credit for these short stories. If I started out writing this good well I'm not, but these are great. You will love reading how she started. I just love them all.
Jennie
Dec 24, 2010 Jennie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These happened to be the first 3 e-books I ever read of Marcia's, and after re-reading them I remembered how I felt the first time I read them. They began a fun journey of sighing and giggling when her sweet kissing scenes come up.
Cindy
Dec 20, 2010 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed these 3 books! They were wonderful, and I look forward to re-reading them soon. I really liked reading about what inspired Marcia's writing. I always love her authors notes at the end of her books.
I loved all 3 stories in this book. I'm so glad that Marica decided to publish her earlier books. Thanks Marcia!
Ines
Jan 26, 2011 Ines rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deliciously predictable. Even though these are her first 3 novellas, they are as good as the rest. My favorite part were the author notes though - I had to laugh out loud several times!
Stacey Hall
Dec 20, 2010 Stacey Hall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the three stories in this!! Also, Marcia's info about the books was so fun to read! Another fabulous escape for me to sit and enjoy reading about some romance and kisses!!
Cindy
I loved these three stories! I will read them over and over! Marcia has such a great talent for bringing a story to life. I feel like I am their and rooting for her charcters, she is so talented.
Angie Cornelison
These three books are some of Marcia's first written. They are wonderful! It's fun to see what inspired her writing. Can't wait to read more!!
Oct 26, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!! Thanks for helping me ignore my home and family for a day and a half Marcia!!!
And yes, I have always known that I will forever be 17 at heart, and you helped validate that for me!
Tara
Dec 24, 2010 Tara rated it it was amazing
This was a book of three short , sweet and of course clean love stories. As with all McClures books, they leave me with a big fat smile on my face.
Debbie
Sep 16, 2010 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These 3 short stories are really fun. Marcia does romance right!
Kimberly
Mar 04, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Good, clean romance.
Ralynn
Mar 05, 2011 Ralynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
i really loved reading this book it left me with a smile and sigh when i was finished.
Annalisa
Apr 06, 2011 Annalisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been on hold at the library for over 2 months to get this book! Can't wait to read her premiere novellas.

I really enjoyed this composition of the author's 3 premiere novels. Each of them is roughly 100 pages. I liked seeing where the author began in her writing. My favorite of the 3 is "The Unobtainable One" which happens to be the first one. It was sweet and romantic. "The General's Ambition" had a very formidable character in the general that I found a little frightening. "Indebted Del
Yue
The Unobtainable One: I loooove books that are about a governess going to a big house/castle/manor and falling in love with the master. One of my favorite authors, Victoria Holt, has many books about this theme, luckily! So I was soo happy to found this ebook FREE! on Amazon. So bad the story is so short, it doesn't let the relationship between all the characters to develop smoothly. Sometimes it appeared too rushed for my taste.. especially the relationship between Annette and Andrea... The lit ...more
Kathryn
Oct 19, 2010 Kathryn rated it liked it
 Mummy Cat Claire
I got this free from Amazon.

This "book" contains 3 short stories from her early work. Also, as with all her books, she included her extra information after each story. I found the first book to be pretty good. The second one I didn't like as much and the third, I felt was better.
The first book is described as the authors least favorite book she ever wrote. Honestly, it was really similar to Jane Eyre. Even with it being her least favorite work ever, I felt it was reasonably good.
The second boo
Shellie
Feb 14, 2012 Shellie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three great shorts stories in this one!!
1. The Unobtainable one...Annette Jordan falls for her boss, the older brother a young girl she is hired to tutor and govern. Of course they end up together. :)
2. The General's Ambition...actually named for the hero's father (the General) who is a nasty, nasty man intent on furthering his bloodline by any means...including his son's new wife. Of course, he does not succeed, although he comes dangerously close.
3. Indebted Deliverance: He saves her from wick
Christy Johnson
Mar 26, 2014 Christy Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean-romance
This is an anthology of Marcia's first books, three in total. Sweet simple reads. It's fun to see how far she's come and how some elements of her books have been with her since the beginning.

I enjoyed Indebted Deliverance the most and agree with another reviewer that it could easily have been expanded into a longer novel. In other book we read of a hero with baggage. Race REALLY has some serious baggage here! This is the kind of stuff that would justifiably make a man go crazy. Wow. It was a be
Tori
Sep 27, 2013 Tori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read April 2015... I liked it better this time around, but still didn't love it. 3.5 stars

I'm just glad I didn't read this collection BEFORE all of Marcia's other awesome books...
THE UNOBTAINABLE ONE- I just wanted it to end. I thought it was ridiculous a 6 year old spoke like a 40 year old woman. I didn't care if the heroine got the man... It was obvious this was MLM's first work... Marcia even said it was her least favorite.

THE GENERAL'S AMBITION- Better than The Unobtainable One... I liked
Sandy
Sep 26, 2011 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This anthology is for true Marcia fans to see where it all started. Marcia-obsessed readers (like myself) can spot elements of her later stories woven in these novellas, and these tales hint at later Marcia greatness. I would read this collection once you have an appreciation of Marcia and her writing style through reading some of her more popular clean romances.

While these are fun reads for fans, I'm impressed with how much Marcia's writing has developed since these early first works.
Amy
Mar 05, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay I have to say that I've become a little obsessed with this woman's books. It's not that they are great literature or even very original, but reading them makes me smile. They are clean and there is a lot of kissing (which I like). I've read many of her books now and they are very similar in characters and plot, but just fun reads for me. The romance is cheesy, and there are editorial errors that bug me, but for some reason I want to read them all. So if you are in the mood for a clean, fun, ...more
Susanne
Nov 30, 2011 Susanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge McClure fan... her books are like a breath of fresh air. I never have to worry about being surprised by R rated scenes the way that I am occasionally in other popular books I've read. She draws me in right away with a captivating story and interesting characters. And then there are the kissing scenes... she definitely knows how to write a good romantic scene (yet, always clean!). This is a collection of the first three books she's written and they were fun to read (she was a great au ...more
Katherine
Aug 25, 2011 Katherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It's the first 3 books written by this author and originally only available to close friends and family. I especially liked reading the authors notes in the end of each book that gave little glimpses to how and why the book was written. there are some grammatical and spelling errors but in my opinion it only added to the charm that these were her first books.

If Only I could write this good for my first book....maybe I should try someday.
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • The List
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Spring Vacation Collection
  • Montana Summer
  • Hearts Through Time
  • Jayhawk
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • All I Want
  • Santa Maybe
  • Uneasy Fortunes
  • The Outer Edge of Heaven: A Love Story
  • The Commander's Desire
  • Masquerade Secrets (Scandals and Secrets, #2)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection
  • Servant to a King
  • Hearts in Hiding (Haggerty Mystery, #1)
  • The Kissing Tree
  • The Rejected Suitor (Clearbrook Regency, #1)
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...