Start by marking “Romantic Vignettes” as Want to Read:
Romantic Vignettes

Romantic Vignettes

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  523 ratings  ·  59 reviews
An Anthology of Three Premiere Novellas by Marcia Lynn McClure (Novella 1) THE UNOBTAINABLE ONE THE CHILD WAS STRAWBERRY-SWEET AND LOVING...BUT THE MAN WAS FORBIDDEN FRUIT. Annette Jordan had accepted the unavoidable reality that she must toil as a governess to provide for herself. Annette Jordan had accepted the unavoidable reality that she must toil as a governess to pro ...more
Published August 30th 2010 by Distractions Ink

To ask other readers questions about Romantic Vignettes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romantic Vignettes

Katie Watkins
I heard that this novel was a compilation of Marcia Lynn McClure's earliest stories, so I was fully expecting them to be....well, not quite as good as her newer books. An author takes awhile to be great, right? Wow--I was definitely proven wrong!! These three stories are every bit as good as her newer stuff. Full of romantic tension, handsome men, beautiful gals. I loved every minute of these three stories and didn't want them to end!
Heather
Overall, I gave 5 stars because it's fun to see how Marcia got her start and I enjoyed her Authors notes. Seperatetly, I give 3 stars to The Unobtainable One, 4.5 stars for The General's Ambition, and 5 stars to Indebted Deliverance. LOVED Indebted Deliverance (Marcia, Please make a longer version of it someday!)

The Unobtainable One was a cute story and neat that it was Marcia's very first, and how she made her start, but it definetely wasn't my favorite. I'm not sure how it was lacking, but I
Kathy
The Unobtainable One
I love this story and the history behind it. For those who don’t know, this is the first story Marcia wrote, for a close friend of hers. How lucky to have a friend write a book for you, what an honor. This is a sweet regency-type story. Annette goes to work as a governess for Lord Barrett, taking care of his young sister. There is plenty packed into this little gem, we have a ball, a robbery, an attack, an attempted seduction and a sweet happily ever after. I do think her her
Jennybug
I was expecting to read a fun romance story. Well, I ended up reading three. What made this book so enjoyable is that the author gave us a little peek into her life as she first got started writing romance stories. I loved reading her notes after each story. It is almost a story within a a story. I loved how she shared about her hero's revealing their muscular chests, as a way to let her friends know that she is thinking of them. Too funny!
Inspired Kathy
I've already read the ebooks so I started on the author's notes. Loved them! Great book for those who already love Marcia's books. Don't start with this one. Read her other books first to fully appreciate this one. Included are the first 3 stories Marcia wrote.
Jennie
These happened to be the first 3 e-books I ever read of Marcia's, and after re-reading them I remembered how I felt the first time I read them. They began a fun journey of sighing and giggling when her sweet kissing scenes come up.
Cindy
I really enjoyed these 3 books! They were wonderful, and I look forward to re-reading them soon. I really liked reading about what inspired Marcia's writing. I always love her authors notes at the end of her books.
Teya
Macia does not give herself enough credit for these short stories. If I started out writing this good well I'm not, but these are great. You will love reading how she started. I just love them all.
Loved it!!!! Thanks for helping me ignore my home and family for a day and a half Marcia!!!
And yes, I have always known that I will forever be 17 at heart, and you helped validate that for me!
Cindy
I loved these three stories! I will read them over and over! Marcia has such a great talent for bringing a story to life. I feel like I am their and rooting for her charcters, she is so talented.
Ines
Deliciously predictable. Even though these are her first 3 novellas, they are as good as the rest. My favorite part were the author notes though - I had to laugh out loud several times!
Stacey Hall
Loved the three stories in this!! Also, Marcia's info about the books was so fun to read! Another fabulous escape for me to sit and enjoy reading about some romance and kisses!!
Christy Johnson
This is an anthology of Marcia's first books, three in total. Sweet simple reads. It's fun to see how far she's come and how some elements of her books have been with her since the beginning.

I enjoyed Indebted Deliverance the most and agree with another reviewer that it could easily have been expanded into a longer novel. In other book we read of a hero with baggage. Race REALLY has some serious baggage here! This is the kind of stuff that would justifiably make a man go crazy. Wow. It was a be
Angie Cornelison
These three books are some of Marcia's first written. They are wonderful! It's fun to see what inspired her writing. Can't wait to read more!!
Tara
This was a book of three short , sweet and of course clean love stories. As with all McClures books, they leave me with a big fat smile on my face.
I loved all 3 stories in this book. I'm so glad that Marica decided to publish her earlier books. Thanks Marcia!
Ralynn
i really loved reading this book it left me with a smile and sigh when i was finished.
Debbie
These 3 short stories are really fun. Marcia does romance right!
Kimberly
Loved it! Good, clean romance.
Shellie
Three great shorts stories in this one!!
1. The Unobtainable one...Annette Jordan falls for her boss, the older brother a young girl she is hired to tutor and govern. Of course they end up together. :)
2. The General's Ambition...actually named for the hero's father (the General) who is a nasty, nasty man intent on furthering his bloodline by any means...including his son's new wife. Of course, he does not succeed, although he comes dangerously close.
3. Indebted Deliverance: He saves her from wick
Lacey Weatherford
I decided to post my thoughts on each of the vingettes in this book. I will rate each of them individually, then rate the book as a whole.

#1 The Unobtainable One
I have to laugh that after reading this little story because Marcia leaves a little note stating this tale is the least favorite of hers that she’s written. Marcia…I don’t know why you don’t love it, because it is AMAZING! One of my favorites for sure! I read this on my ipod while relaxing in a Jacuzzi and I was a prune by the time I was
Claire
I got this free from Amazon.

This "book" contains 3 short stories from her early work. Also, as with all her books, she included her extra information after each story. I found the first book to be pretty good. The second one I didn't like as much and the third, I felt was better.
The first book is described as the authors least favorite book she ever wrote. Honestly, it was really similar to Jane Eyre. Even with it being her least favorite work ever, I felt it was reasonably good.
The second boo
Kathryn
Annalisa
I have been on hold at the library for over 2 months to get this book! Can't wait to read her premiere novellas.

I really enjoyed this composition of the author's 3 premiere novels. Each of them is roughly 100 pages. I liked seeing where the author began in her writing. My favorite of the 3 is "The Unobtainable One" which happens to be the first one. It was sweet and romantic. "The General's Ambition" had a very formidable character in the general that I found a little frightening. "Indebted Del
Sakura Yue Michaelis
The Unobtainable One: I loooove books that are about a governess going to a big house/castle/manor and falling in love with the master. One of my favorite authors, Victoria Holt, has many books about this theme, luckily! So I was soo happy to found this ebook FREE! on Amazon. So bad the story is so short, it doesn't let the relationship between all the characters to develop smoothly. Sometimes it appeared too rushed for my taste.. especially the relationship between Annette and Andrea... The lit ...more
Stacy Anderson
sometimes I'm lucky borrowing books from my mother in law and sometimes I'm not. they were cute stories, but that's about it. there was not build to them, they just happened.
Agnes Delacort
I understand that these stories were the first for McClure to get published, so I don't think I can be too critical. I think I liked two of them and the other wasn't so great. I did like that there was a bit more substance to these stories than she normally writes in her novels.
Sandy

This anthology is for true Marcia fans to see where it all started. Marcia-obsessed readers (like myself) can spot elements of her later stories woven in these novellas, and these tales hint at later Marcia greatness. I would read this collection once you have an appreciation of Marcia and her writing style through reading some of her more popular clean romances.

While these are fun reads for fans, I'm impressed with how much Marcia's writing has developed since these early first works.
Tori
2.5-3 stars
I'm just glad I didn't read this collection BEFORE all of Marcia's other awesome books...
THE UNOBTAINABLE ONE- I just wanted it to end. I thought it was ridiculous a 6 year old spoke like a 40 year old woman. I didn't care if the heroine got the man... It was obvious this was MLM's first work... Marcia even said it was her least favorite.

THE GENERAL'S AMBITION- Better than The Unobtainable One... I liked Roque's name. The story was just "eh" to me. The general was a perv.

INDEBTED DE
Amy
Okay I have to say that I've become a little obsessed with this woman's books. It's not that they are great literature or even very original, but reading them makes me smile. They are clean and there is a lot of kissing (which I like). I've read many of her books now and they are very similar in characters and plot, but just fun reads for me. The romance is cheesy, and there are editorial errors that bug me, but for some reason I want to read them all. So if you are in the mood for a clean, fun, ...more
  • The Guise of a Gentleman
  • Hearts Through Time
  • Jayhawk
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • All I Want
  • Montana Summer
  • Uneasy Fortunes
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Spring Vacation Collection
  • The Commander's Desire
  • The Kissing Tree
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Love Letter Collection
  • Hearts in Hiding (Haggerty Mystery, #1)
  • The Legend of Shannonderry
  • Yesterday's Love (Yesterday's Love, #1)
  • The Promise (The Lady Quill Chronicles, #1)
  • Santa Maybe
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...
The Highwayman of Tanglewood The Visions of Ransom Lake Dusty Britches A Crimson Frost Shackles of Honor