Start by marking “Mr. Pine's Mixed-Up Signs” as Want to Read:
Mr. Pine's Mixed-Up Signs

Mr. Pine's Mixed-Up Signs (Mr. Pine)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  8 reviews
40th Anniversary Edition of Mr. Pines Mixed-up Signs and the adventures ofour beloved, intrepid sign painter Mr. Pine. Mr. Pine made signs. He made signs that said STOP. He made signs that saidGO. He made signs that said FAST. And signs that said SLOW. When the signsin Little Town became old, Mr. Pine painted all new signs in one week. He could not find his glasses and put ...more
Published December 1st 2001 by Purple House Press (first published 1961)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Pine's Mixed-Up Signs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Pine's Mixed-Up Signs

Cheryl
After being blown away by Mr. Pine's Purple House (http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...) I actually bought this (from Alibris). It's not really worthy. It's a perfectly nice, funny, innocuous early reader - but not meaningful. Read it if you happen upon it, but otherwise don't bother.
Joanie
Silly story about a town whose signs get all messed up when Mr. Pine looses his glasses. Excellent book to use when introducing cause-effect-problem-solution. My third grade placement teacher read this book and then gave students a organization chart with four columns where they filled out:
what was the problem, what caused the problem, what was the effect of this problem, and how was it solved.
Drew Paige
Very good transitional book that will teach children about safety and what signs on the road mean. Honestly, I wish I had this book before I took the driving test. It really helped me learn all of the signs of the road. Easy and interesting book to read.
Elizabeth
One of my all-time favorite books. Just read it to Jonah's preschool class as part of his 4th birthday celebration, and not only had none of them ever read it before--they were in hysterics!
Adam
This is the only children's book I will put on here since I've read hundreds. It's the best one ever!!!
Jenna Clarno
One of the first books I read. I remember reading it on the bottom step of my grandma's house.
Dev
The children liked this story. However, I thought it was okay.
Kim
One of Ethan's favorites!
Cindi
Jan 06, 2009 Cindi marked it as to-read
Melcat
Fjóla
Fjóla added it
Nov 11, 2014
Gilbert Gonzalez
Gilbert Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Beth Brown
Beth Brown marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Mr. Pine (5 books)
  • Mr. Pine's Purple House
  • Mrs. Pine Takes a Trip
  • Paint Me A Picture, Mr. Pine
  • Mr. Pine's Storybook
Mr. Pine's Purple House Kick, Pass, and Run Last One in Is a Rotten Egg Here Comes the Strikeout That's Not Santa! (Hello Reader (Level 1))