Start by marking “Living as a River: Finding Fearlessness in the Face of Change” as Want to Read:
Living as a River: Finding Fearlessness in the Face of Change

Living as a River: Finding Fearlessness in the Face of Change

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  2 reviews
To face reality is to embrace change; to resist change is to suffer. This is the liberating truth that unfolds with Living as a River. A masterful investigation of the nature of self, this eloquent blend of current science and time-honored spiritual insight is meant to free us from the fear of impermanence in a world defined by change.
Published September 28th 2010 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about Living as a River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living as a River

E. Clark
A fantastic, perspective-altering book that came into my life at precisely the right moment. The combination of philosophy, science, and anecdote pulled this skeptic in and never let me go. Though it is an easy and enjoyable read, it wants to be read slowly and to be contemplated continuously as it's read, and not just at the end.
Bodhidasa Caldwell
The ideas and practices in this book, supported with mind-blowing scientific data, have deeply challenged my self identity. Time will tell where this will take 'me'.
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Craig Miller
Craig Miller is currently reading it
Oct 11, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Lori Vandusen
Lori Vandusen marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Sara Shepherd
Sara Shepherd is currently reading it
May 11, 2014
Sergei
Sergei marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Hoai Ta
Hoai Ta marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
Simon
Simon added it
Jan 17, 2013
Trip
Trip marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2012
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2012
Kevin Eaton
Kevin Eaton is currently reading it
Dec 29, 2011
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2011
Robin Hudson
Robin Hudson marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2011
Mike Tekula
Mike Tekula marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2011
Michelle Koen
Michelle Koen marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2010
I’m a Buddhist teacher and author living in New Hampshire, but originally from Scotland.

I got the Sanskrit name (which means “Wings of Enlightenment,” incidentally) when I joined the Western Buddhist Order in 1993, after 11 years of Buddhist practice. I practice at Aryaloka Buddhist Center, which is just down the road.

I run Wildmind, which has a mission to spread compassion and mindfulness through
More about Bodhipaksa...
Guided Meditations: For Calmness, Awareness & Love Living as a River: Finding Fearlessness in the Face of Change Still The Mind Vegetarianism: Living a Buddhist life series Guided Meditations for Busy People