Start by marking “Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince, #1)” as Want to Read:
Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince, #1)

Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince #1)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  6,210 ratings  ·  832 reviews
"This was Vere, voluptuous and decadent, country of honeyed poison"

Damen is a warrior hero to his people, and the truthful heir to the throne of Akielos, but when his half brother seizes power, Damen is captured, stripped of his identity and sent to serve the prince of an enemy nation as a pleasure slave.

Beautiful, manipulative and deadly, his new master Prince Laurent epi
ebook, Free Online Fiction, 240 pages
Published May 22nd 2012 (first published February 4th 2012)

Win a Copy of This Book

• Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
    Captive Prince (Captive Prince, #1)
    Release date: Apr 07, 2015
    From global phenomenon C. S. Pacat comes the first in her critically acclaimed trilogy—with a bonus story.

Damen is a warrior hero to his people, and…more
    Giveaway dates: Jun 19 - Jul 03, 2015
    60 copies available, 134 people requesting
    Countries available: CA
  • Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Captive Prince, please sign up.

Tessa It has been taken down as a freebe. You can buy the first two volumes now (e.g. amazon).
    Touch & Geaux by Abigail RouxCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatToo Stupid to Live by Anne TeninoTell Me It's Real by T.J. Klune
    Best M/M Romance Published in 2013
    2nd out of 673 books — 1,621 voters
    Captive Prince by C.S. PacatDuck! by Kim DareBloodraven by P.L. NunnCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatConcubine by Jill Knowles
    Best Gay Slaves
    1st out of 203 books — 766 voters

More lists with this book...

Lola
    Click to read my interview with C.S. Pacat! (She's amazing.)

First read: January 2014
    Second read: March 2015

My first M/M romance ever.
    My favorite M/M romance story.
    My favorite M/M romance couple.
    My favorite M/M romance author.

I love everything about this book.

-------------

Lucky Germans, they get the best of Captive Prince: Volume One book covers. Just...look at this beauty:

description

Oh my sweet goodness, oh my sweet goodness.

And this is the US cover:

description

Well well...we can see the difference.

Since we're at it,
    Dd

Readers,what do I say about this book??

Power. Brilliance. Excellence. All delivered in one perfect package.

This is fiction at its finest!!!

Captive Prince.....

This is what they mean when they say that a book has the ability to transport you to worlds beyond!!

And was I ever???

This one gripped me in it's powerful clutches,and did not let go.This is what I look for in a book.

This book entranced,enchanted and devoured me.

And I loved every minute of it!!

------------------------------------------
    Monique ~ Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance
    Compelling Reading...I was totally engrossed from start to finish....5 Fabulous Stars

Photobucket

Captive Prince, literally captivated me! this is amazing storytelling and I can honestly say I picked it up to read and did not put it down until both book 1 and book 2 were finished.....it was 5am, but I was hooked! These 2 books are FREE, yes, can you believe it, such a great story is free to read. The only down side is that there is no news on book 3 yet, however I have noticed that she will be publishing b
    Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
    This book owned me today, completely owned me.

I just have to give S. U. Pacat a huge round of applause. I was 100% drawn into "Captive Prince". It is going to be hard to write a review of just Volume 1 because I read them back to back like a rabid fan-girl so I'll just review them together. It was like my eyes were glued to my phone today. I wouldn't and couldn't stop reading.

I won't rehash the plot because the overview doesn't sound terribly interesting or new. It is the masterful, smart writi
    Susan

OBSESSED. <-me.

Captive Prince (Vol. 1) took the sharpest hook it could find and dug it deep into me and just pulled me along wherever it wanted to go.

The writing: phenomenal
    The world-building: detailed & fascinating
    The characters: deliciously layered
    The story: political intrigue and mind-fuckery at its best

I was in a mild haze of confusion some of the time…there are a LOT of characters and countries and deceptive alliances and loyalties. But, if you just play along, it all starts to make
    Shelley

photo tumblr_mhf1jrqNB51rrsfu6o1_500_zps85581dcc.gif

NO time for reviews, off to read Volume 2...

C.J. Roberts
    I don't have time to write a review just yet, but I will! This is the best series I've read in 2013 so far and I wish I'd written it! I can't wait to find out how it ends, but I know the author will not disappoint. Holy shit this was good. I feel like I need to find the author and observe his/her method. The skill that went into putting this together! I'm just...I'm a fan...for like...ever!
    julio
    Jan 13, 2014 julio rated it 4 of 5 stars
    Recommends it for: everyone with a pulse.
    Recommended to julio by: Susan
    fucking awesome.

dafuksit with these ozzie writers kickin' ass? lisa henry, s.u. pacat... (also: supacat. niiiiice. [ETA: author has since chosen the pseudonym C.S. Pacat]).

can't even be troubled to write a full review. i've got volume two to read.

more later, when my passion for these characters has been consummated further.

gonna get wet.

(it is alleged.)

:-P
    Lisa Henry
    Okay, I was just going to read a few chapters before bed. Well, two books later...

Also, it's 4 a.m. so this isn't a review so much as the sleep-deprived ramblings of someone who should have know better than to start a book everyone raved about at night.

READ THIS BOOK.

Seriously, it's great. The world-building is fantastic, the plotting is impeccably intricate, and the sexual tension between the two MCs is off the charts!

Laurent is my new favourite character. He's smart, he's lethal, and he's a
    Pam
    4.5 CAPTIV-ating stars

What if one day you woke up and had your title, land, slaves and identity taken from you ???

What if to make matters worse you are given as a gift to a Prince in a land where you would be treated worse as a Prince then as a slave???

For the dark Prince of Akielos, Damen doesn't have to wonder when it is the fate his step-brother has chosen for him. He once was a fierce warrior but n
    Karla

5 Big...like WOW Stars! I was captivated by the Captive Prince!!

I honestly didn't know what to expect when I started to read this, but I can tell you that I was hooked just by reading the prologue. It was somewhat confusing at first, until I found my footing among the multitude of characters and positions they held, where they stood in the pecking order, but once I was on solid ground, it was easy to navigate through it all. I'm not making any sense to someone who hasn't read this, but I'm sure
    Loederkoningin
    Really, when you think about it it's pretty spectacular that an author throws such a brilliant book online for free, one chapter at a time. Because of this - and I should know better by now! - I had anticipated something fluffier and trashier and...worse.

But Captive Prince is so incredibly good, so emotional and intense, that I still can't quite believe it's up for grabs here. And I can only feel sorry for those who discovered Freece's blog long before the first two books were finished. I haven
    Rachel
    Updated Review

It says a lot about a book when it can transform a 33 year old heterosexual female who has been an avid reader of the M/F romance genre for 15 years into a M/M genre addict. On a chilly February night I was craving a historical M/F enemies to lovers romance novel to warm me up - I stumbled across S.U. Pacat’s Captive Prince series instead. Probably one of the best stumbles I’ve ever made and I fell hard.

The Story

Set in a historical AU that bears likenesses particularly to the h
    Lenore
    Thoughts after finishing Captive Prince Vol. 1:

- Laurent. I'm calling him "barra de hielo." Affectionately. Or the Friggin' frigid fellow.
    - Damen. Meh. He's ok.
    - Nicaise. That snotty little bugger. Someone spank him for me. And not in a good way.
    - Erasmus. Too saccharine. And, by the way, what kind of name is that? Reminds me of that Dutch guy, Desiderius of Rotterdam.
    - The Regent. Fuck him!
    - Kastor. You live on borrowed time, mothafucka. Just so you know.
    - That huge guy, whats-his-name, the on
    SheReadsALot
    Another buzz book that I thoroughly enjoyed...

What is the world coming to?

j/k

It's not but this book does have some hedonistic/barbaric undertones among some really great writing - political intrigue, double crossing, triple crossing, quadruple crossing (you catch my drift), LIES, an anti-hero that will make you contemplate slapping him through your ebook and lapping up his evilness like a sweetmeat, diabolical decisions, meaty characters, great world building and a story that just pulls one in.

G
    Xing
    My review: 3.5 stars

You know that moment when you try to eat something new. At first, you think, "Oh, hmm....not bad." You take a few more chews, and then you're like, "ur...not so good." But after you swallow, you just can't decide. Certainly, it wasn't great. But it wasn't bad. And yet, you can't quite get the taste or food out of your head. Maybe a second taste is required?

Captive Prince definitely has a strong following, and most of my GR friends certainly enjoy this series. I hope what I sa
    Trisha Harrington
    Cover for the Penguin edition being released on April 7th 2015!

I read it!!! I finally read it!!!

After a lot of people told me to read this, I finally took the plunge. I was expecting something. I'm not sure what. But I can honestly say this was nothing like I expected it to be. Nothing!

My thoughts before reading.

But after I read this.

Now. For a word of warning. Do not read this because you want a fluffy romance. This book has zero romance. It is not a romance! It is the start of a series. A bloo
    Vilda
    Rating: 4,5 stars

Read it people! Seriously. I don't know what to say, I'm too desperate for the last one to think right now, but this series is freaking fantastic! Just read it. *nods*

"To get what you want, you have to know exactly how much you are willing to give up."
    ~ Captive Prince: Volume Two
    Ingela
    4,5 Stars for a cruel and spellbinding tale about two dangerous princes.

Book #1

photo masra_zpsb748abbd.gif

I don't know what I thought when I started reading this first part of ”Captive Prince #1”. This was atleast something else and I was totally engrossed in the story. Since I usually read and reviewing romances; I'd say directly, this is not a ordinary romance, it's maybe a sort of fantasy story with a M/M love story in it.

The first part of the book really scared me, I was upset and shocked about what happened. The c
    AmyI
    Dec 05, 2014 AmyI rated it 5 of 5 stars
    Recommended to AmyI by: Cory
    Never have I been so completely captivated by a book with no romantic overtones. That's right, no romance. No sex. No love. But I absolutely loved it! I was sucked in right from the beginning and couldn't put it down. The writing, the storyline, and the characters are fantastic. I'm definitely hooked and plan to start Volume Two right away!

Thanks Cory for picking this one for me!!
    Lena♥Ribka

As you can see from my rating- I don't like this book.

And it goes directly to the everybody-likes-but-me shelf:

So... if you think it is the best debut book of 2013, ignore this review.

Because I'm not going to praise it.

You can just think – we have a full moon.
    It is what my husband says if I'm in a bitchy mood.

So, I did warn you.
    Not that I have some GR friends less tomorrow.

Okay.

Let me run an analysis:

This book is the best debut book of 2013.(???)
    The book 2 is the best fantasy of 2013(?)
    And
    ❂ Endless
    Apr 26, 2013 ❂ Endless rated it 5 of 5 stars
    Recommended to ❂ Endless by: Edina Rose
    This is absolutely b-r-i-l-l-i-a-n-t in it's conception and execution. Such an immaculately woven tale with a b!tch of a cliffhanger at the end of Book 2.

Waiting for Book 3 is pretty close to driving me nuts and i've only just finished reading Book 2! But the way the story's been so far I think it might be worth the wait.

RECOMMENDED!
    Tiya Rosa
    Proper review when book 3 comes out. In the meantime, here are my imaginary husbands sharing our thoughts on this outstanding WIP.

S.U. Pacat is S.U. Pa-awesome.
    La-Lionne
    ***1 star***

DNF at 38%

This book didn't work for me for three and a half reasons:

- The story had no sense of history. You read bits and pieces about the conflict between these two countries/kingdoms, but you have no freaking idea what they're like. What do they stand/fight for? Why is it such a big deal that one of our main characters is brought and turned into a slave (beside the obvious, of course)?
    That would have given me a better understanding why our main characters were struggling so much.
    Bev

Well, I was badgered into reading this by some very persuasive friends on GR, and am extremely glad I did!

photo image40_zps49a5095b.jpg

The story has been reviewed many times before, so I won't go into much detail. The fictional world is wonderfully crafted by the author and very believable. The plot twists and turns with action, adventure and political intrigue and is rich with detail. But the real strength of the story is with the two main characters - two powerful men thrown together by circumstance - and the difficult a
    Macky ~ Sinfully...Addicted To All Male Romance
    So many reviews on this - I'm not going to rehash the plot but I will say like everyone else I'm definitely in for the ride! Lots of court intrigue, jealousy, nasty ass characters who you love to hate and hints of a passion just waiting to blow!! Yeah, I'm captivated and yes I've got volume two quivering expectantly in the wings so excuse me if I disappear for the rest of the day because I've got some heavy reading to do and arsing about writing reviews is not helping!! LOL. :o)
    Jenni Lea

Layer upon layer upon layer upon layer of deceit, betrayal and honor; all intricately woven to confuse and befuddle.

The truth, that which is a lie, is also the truth.

You think you have figured it out?

Think again.
    Elizabetta
    Captive Prince is incandescent story-telling, astonishing and well-built. The intrigue, the plotting, the mystery. This is how to get it done, people. Freece’s writing is just too good for words... but here are a few anyway...

It’s all about the struggle for power. The fight for ascendency that humankind has busied itself with for all ages -- the dominance of one over another. Here we have two men, so completely disparate except for their sharp minds and their birthright -- two Princes set to i
    LenaLena
    I have been reading Captive Prince for almost 2 years. I checked: I started reading it in May 2011. And I was 3 years late to the game, because Pacat (aka freece) started posting Captive Prince chapters to her livejournal page in May 2008. By the time I heard about it she was 16 chapters into book 2 and it only took another year for her finish that book, one chapter every few months. Believe me, you haven’t lived until you’ve experienced the exquisite agony of waiting for a book to finish like t ...more
    Val ⚓️ Shameless, Bitchy, Skanky & Not Sorry ⚓️
    Nov 01, 2014 Val ⚓️ Shameless, Bitchy, Skanky & Not Sorry ⚓️ rated it 4 of 5 stars
    Recommended to Val ⚓️ Shameless, Bitchy, Skanky & Not Sorry ⚓️ by: Lola
    Shelves: mm
    This will be short because I'm on my phone and, quite frankly, feeling lazy as shit.

I went into this knowing it was more political intrigue and less m/romance... I just didn't think it would be ALL political intrigue and NO m/m romance. Obviously, the seeds have been planted for future shenanigans, but anyway, that's my only gripe.

Otherwise, this was a very interesting story with an interesting setting. At first it was a bit Game of Throne-ish with all the different characters and characters na
    Captivated : Captive Prince T-shirt 4 32 Jun 28, 2015 05:55AM
    Vaginal Fantasy B...: LGBT Inclusion Month 13 101 Apr 26, 2015 05:33PM
    Captivated : Laurent's Mother 4 87 Sep 02, 2014 06:35AM
    • The Interludes (In the company of shadows, #3)
    • The Violet and the Tom
    • Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
    • Bloodraven
    • Lord of the White Hell (Lord of the White Hell, #2)
    • First Against the Wall (The Administration, #6)
    • Counterpoint (Song of the Fallen, #1)
    • Close Protection
    • The Magpie Lord (A Charm of Magpies, #1)
    • Teahouse
    • The Student Prince (The Student Prince, #1)
    • Lee's Story (The Slave Breakers, #3)
    • Prisoner (Kria, #1)
    C.S. Pacat is a Melbourne writer. Her first series the Captive Prince trilogy began its life as an original web serial. Self-published in 2013 to critical and commercial success and acclaim, the Captive Prince trilogy was acquired by Penguin, and will be published worldwide in 2015.
    More about C.S. Pacat...

Captive Prince (3 books)
    • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
    • Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
    Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2) Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)

“A golden prince was easy to love if you did not have to watch him picking wings off flies.” 44 likes
    “Is there anyone at this court who isn't my enemy?"
    "Not if I can help it," Laurent said.”
    31 likes