Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince, #1)

Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince #1)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  4,121 ratings  ·  540 reviews
"This was Vere (previously Rabat), voluptuous and decadent, country of honeyed poison"

Damen is a warrior hero to his people, and the truthful heir to the throne of Akielos, but when his half brother seizes power, Damen is captured, stripped of his identity and sent to serve the prince of an enemy nation as a pleasure slave.

Beautiful, manipulative and deadly, his new master...more
ebook, Free Online Fiction, 240 pages
Published May 22nd 2012 (first published February 4th 2012)

Touch & Geaux by Abigail RouxCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatToo Stupid to Live by Anne TeninoTell Me It's Real by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2013
2nd out of 619 books — 1,500 voters
Captive Prince by C.S. PacatDuck! by Kim DareBloodraven by P.L. NunnConcubine by Jill KnowlesGaven by J.C. Owens
Best Gay Slaves
1st out of 185 books — 677 voters

More lists with this book...

Dd

Readers,what do I say about this book??

Power. Brilliance. Excellence. All delivered in one perfect package.

This is fiction at its finest!!!

Captive Prince.....

This is what they mean when they say that a book has the ability to transport you to worlds beyond!!

And was I ever???

This one gripped me in it's powerful clutches,and did not let go.This is what I look for in a book.

This book entranced,enchanted and devoured me.

And I loved every minute of it!!

---------------------------------------------...more
Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Compelling Reading...I was totally engrossed from start to finish....5 Fabulous Stars

Photobucket

Captive Prince, literally captivated me! this is amazing storytelling and I can honestly say I picked it up to read and did not put it down until both book 1 and book 2 were finished.....it was 5am, but I was hooked! These 2 books are FREE, yes, can you believe it, such a great story is free to read. The only down side is that there is no news on book 3 yet, however I have noticed that she will be publishing b...more
Susan

OBSESSED. <-me.

Captive Prince (Vol. 1) took the sharpest hook it could find and dug it deep into me and just pulled me along wherever it wanted to go.

The writing: phenomenal
The world-building: detailed & fascinating
The characters: deliciously layered
The story: political intrigue and mind-fuckery at its best

I was in a mild haze of confusion some of the time…there are a LOT of characters and countries and deceptive alliances and loyalties. But, if you just play along, it all starts to make...more
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
This book owned me today, completely owned me.

I just have to give S. U. Pacat a huge round of applause. I was 100% drawn into "Captive Prince". It is going to be hard to write a review of just Volume 1 because I read them back to back like a rabid fan-girl so I'll just review them together. It was like my eyes were glued to my phone today. I wouldn't and couldn't stop reading.

I won't rehash the plot because the overview doesn't sound terribly interesting or new. It is the masterful, smart writi...more
C.J. Roberts
I don't have time to write a review just yet, but I will! This is the best series I've read in 2013 so far and I wish I'd written it! I can't wait to find out how it ends, but I know the author will not disappoint. Holy shit this was good. I feel like I need to find the author and observe his/her method. The skill that went into putting this together! I'm just...I'm a fan...for like...ever!
Karla

5 Big...like WOW Stars! I was captivated by the Captive Prince!!

I honestly didn't know what to expect when I started to read this, but I can tell you that I was hooked just by reading the prologue. It was somewhat confusing at first, until I found my footing among the multitude of characters and positions they held, where they stood in the pecking order, but once I was on solid ground, it was easy to navigate through it all. I'm not making any sense to someone who hasn't read this, but I'm sure...more
Lisa Henry
Okay, I was just going to read a few chapters before bed. Well, two books later...

Also, it's 4 a.m. so this isn't a review so much as the sleep-deprived ramblings of someone who should have know better than to start a book everyone raved about at night.

READ THIS BOOK.

Seriously, it's great. The world-building is fantastic, the plotting is impeccably intricate, and the sexual tension between the two MCs is off the charts!

Laurent is my new favourite character. He's smart, he's lethal, and he's a...more
julio
Jan 13, 2014 julio rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone with a pulse.
Recommended to julio by: Susan
fucking awesome.

dafuksit with these ozzie writers kickin' ass? lisa henry, s.u. pacat... (also: supacat. niiiiice. [ETA: author has since chosen the pseudonym C.S. Pacat]).

can't even be troubled to write a full review. i've got volume two to read.

more later, when my passion for these characters has been consummated further.

gonna get wet.

(it is alleged.)

:-P
Loederkoningin
Really, when you think about it it's pretty spectacular that an author throws such a brilliant book online for free, one chapter at a time. Because of this - and I should know better by now! - I had anticipated something fluffier and trashier and...worse.

But Captive Prince is so incredibly good, so emotional and intense, that I still can't quite believe it's up for grabs here. And I can only feel sorry for those who discovered Freece's blog long before the first two books were finished. I haven...more
ßk☼lvr
Wow, what wonderful writing!

This story made me a captive as well...♥

I love Damen, but of course, he is our hero...and a yummy one, at that!

He's been taken from the only home he's known after hearing about his father's death...and then, his own? That couldn't be. He was standing right there. Next, confused and under heavy chains and the rough hands of guards, a ship now takes him to another land, to be offered as a "pleasure gift"...to it's Prince. SAY WHAAAT? Unfortunately, he has never been t...more
Rachel
Updated Review

It says a lot about a book when it can transform a 33 year old heterosexual female who has been an avid reader of the M/F romance genre for 15 years into a M/M genre addict. On a chilly February night I was craving a historical M/F enemies to lovers romance novel to warm me up - I stumbled across S.U. Pacat’s Captive Prince series instead. Probably one of the best stumbles I’ve ever made and I fell hard.

The Story

Set in a historical AU that bears likenesses particularly to the h...more
Lenore
Thoughts after finishing Captive Prince Vol. 1:

- Laurent. I'm calling him "barra de hielo." Affectionately. Or the Friggin' frigid fellow.
- Damen. Meh. He's ok.
- Nicaise. That snotty little bugger. Someone spank him for me. And not in a good way.
- Erasmus. Too saccharine. And, by the way, what kind of name is that? Reminds me of that Dutch guy, Desiderius of Rotterdam.
- The Regent. Fuck him!
- Kastor. You live on borrowed time, mothafucka. Just so you know.
- That huge guy, whats-his-name, the on...more
SheReadsALot
Another buzz book that I thoroughly enjoyed...

What is the world coming to?

j/k

It's not but this book does have some hedonistic/barbaric undertones among some really great writing - political intrigue, double crossing, triple crossing, quadruple crossing (you catch my drift), LIES, an anti-hero that will make you contemplate slapping him through your ebook and lapping up his evilness like a sweetmeat, diabolical decisions, meaty characters, great world building and a story that just pulls one in.

G...more
Xing
My review: 3.5 stars

You know that moment when you try to eat something new. At first, you think, "Oh, hmm....not bad." You take a few more chews, and then you're like, "ur...not so good." But after you swallow, you just can't decide. Certainly, it wasn't great. But it wasn't bad. And yet, you can't quite get the taste or food out of your head. Maybe a second taste is required?

Captive Prince definitely has a strong following, and most of my GR friends certainly enjoy this series. I hope what I sa...more
Vilda
Rating: 4,5 stars

Read it people! Seriously. I don't know what to say, I'm too desperate for the last one to think right now, but this series is freaking fantastic! Just read it. *nods*

"To get what you want, you have to know exactly how much you are willing to give up."
~ Captive Prince: Volume Two
❂ Endless
Apr 26, 2013 ❂ Endless rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to ❂ Endless by: Edina Rose
This is absolutely b-r-i-l-l-i-a-n-t in it's conception and execution. Such an immaculately woven tale with a b!tch of a cliffhanger at the end of Book 2.

Waiting for Book 3 is pretty close to driving me nuts and i've only just finished reading Book 2! But the way the story's been so far I think it might be worth the wait.

RECOMMENDED!
Tiya Rosa
Proper review when book 3 comes out. In the meantime, here are my imaginary husbands sharing our thoughts on this outstanding WIP.

S.U. Pacat is S.U. Pa-awesome.
Lena♥Ribka

As you can see from my rating- I don't like this book.

And it goes directly to the everybody-likes-but-me shelf:

So... if you think it is the best debut book of 2013, ignore this review.

Because I'm not going to praise it.

You can just think – we have a full moon.
It is what my husband says if I'm in a bitchy mood.

So, I did warn you.
Not that I have some GR friends less tomorrow.

Okay.

Let me run an analysis:

This book is the best debut book of 2013.(???)
The book 2 is the best fantasy of 2013(?)
And...more
La-Lionne
***1 star***

DNF at 38%

This book didn't work for me for three and a half reasons:

- The story had no sense of history. You read bits and pieces about the conflict between these two countries/kingdoms, but you have no freaking idea what they're like. What do they stand/fight for? Why is it such a big deal that one of our main characters is brought and turned into a slave (beside the obvious, of course)?
That would have given me a better understanding why our main characters were struggling so much....more
Ingela
4,5 Stars for a cruel and spellbinding tale about two dangerous princes.

Book #1

photo masra_zpsb748abbd.gif

I don't know what I thought when I started reading this first part of ”Captive Prince #1”. This was atleast something else and I was totally engrossed in the story. Since I usually read and reviewing romances; I'd say directly, this is not a ordinary romance, it's maybe a sort of fantasy story with a M/M love story in it.

The first part of the book really scared me, I was upset and shocked about what happened. The cu...more
Bev

Well, I was badgered into reading this by some very persuasive friends on GR, and am extremely glad I did!

photo image40_zps49a5095b.jpg

The story has been reviewed many times before, so I won't go into much detail. The fictional world is wonderfully crafted by the author and very believable. The plot twists and turns with action, adventure and political intrigue and is rich with detail. But the real strength of the story is with the two main characters - two powerful men thrown together by circumstance - and the difficult a...more
Elizabetta
Captive Prince is incandescent story-telling, astonishing and well-built. The intrigue, the plotting, the mystery. This is how to get it done, people. Freece’s writing is just too good for words... but here are a few anyway...

It’s all about the struggle for power. The fight for ascendency that humankind has busied itself with for all ages -- the dominance of one over another. Here we have two men, so completely disparate except for their sharp minds and their birthright -- two Princes set to i...more
LenaLena
I have been reading Captive Prince for almost 2 years. I checked: I started reading it in May 2011. And I was 3 years late to the game, because Pacat (aka freece) started posting Captive Prince chapters to her livejournal page in May 2008. By the time I heard about it she was 16 chapters into book 2 and it only took another year for her finish that book, one chapter every few months. Believe me, you haven’t lived until you’ve experienced the exquisite agony of waiting for a book to finish like t...more
Jenni Lea

Layer upon layer upon layer upon layer of deceit, betrayal and honor; all intricately woven to confuse and befuddle.

The truth, that which is a lie, is also the truth.

You think you have figured it out?

Think again.
It's just me Shelly B
"Captive Prince"

The title says it all!

The crown has been usurped!! The prince has been sold into slavery and sold to none other than his worst enemies. Damn that sucks!!! Now Damen is the "pet" for Prince Laurent. His identity is a mystery to these people they have no clue who he is or so we think...

“You have a scar." * Hmmmmmmm really....thanks for noticing!*

Read the book and you'll know the significance of that statement!

Prince Laurent is conniving and manipulative but very smart and calcula...more
CamillaLilla

*2,5 stars*

It'll be forever remembered as Cockblocking Prince.

This is a typical case of "don't judge the book by its Goodreads' tags."

Meh. Mah. Bah. Mhm.

Think about a way to convey boredom and perplexity through your language - whatever it is - and you'll have the perfect vocabulary to describe the beautiful incomplete: Captive Prince.

The Premise: Set in a fantastical past, an undetermined period of time that clearly resembles ancient Greece or Rome, there are two powerful Countries contending t...more
DayDreamer

I want inside Laurent's head. I want it so badly!

(view spoiler)...more
M
God damnit! I wished I hadn't read this yet. I wish I read it ages and ages from now when the whole thing was done and it was no longer a work-in-progesss, because I just finished chapter 29 and am now sitting on the edge of cliff. Not literally, of course. But the point is that I am terrible at delayed gratification, and now I have wait for the next bit. But it's my own stupid fault. My absolute worst fear now is that the internet breaks like that one episode of South Park and I won't be able t...more
Macky
So many reviews on this - I'm not going to rehash the plot but I will say like everyone else I'm definitely in for the ride! Lots of court intrigue, jealousy, nasty ass characters who you love to hate and hints of a passion just waiting to blow!! Yeah, I'm captivated and yes I've got volume two quivering expectantly in the wings so excuse me if I disappear for the rest of the day because I've got some heavy reading to do and arsing about writing reviews is not helping!! LOL. :o)
Captivated : * Volume 1 *Spoilers* 7 98 Jan 23, 2014 09:05PM
Captive Prince BR with La-Lionne 49 61 Dec 15, 2013 02:15PM
Dreamcast? 6 99 Dec 05, 2013 11:45AM
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows #3)
  • The Violet and the Tom
  • Bloodraven
  • Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
  • Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2)
  • His Holy Bones (Rifter #10)
  • Games & Players (The Administration, #3)
  • Snowflakes and Embers
  • Captive Prince: Volume Three (Captive Prince, #3)
  • Prisoner (Kria, #1)
  • Close Protection
  • The Magpie Lord (A Charm of Magpies, #1)
Also known as Freece.
Cat published the first two books of Captive Prince as an online serial (it’s still live), and she’s been working the past couple of months on getting them ready for self-publication as electronic and paper books. The amount of work and self will that has gone into the process is incredible and very inspiring.

Author's note: No fear! There will be a b...more
More about C.S. Pacat...
Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2) Captive Prince: Volume Three (Captive Prince, #3)

“A golden prince was easy to love if you did not have to watch him picking wings off flies.” 33 likes
“Is there anyone at this court who isn't my enemy?"
"Not if I can help it," Laurent said.”
22 likes