Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage (Sisterhood #11)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  1,730 ratings  ·  74 reviews
This Time, The Sisterhood Might Be Their Own Worst Enemies...Through all their adventures, the bond of the Sisterhood has remained steadfast and unshakeable. But for the first time, the Sisterhood verges on falling apart when the ladies have to choose between two difficult assignments. The first job guarantees a huge paycheck;the second offers a presidential pardon-and a c...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Zebra Books (first published January 1st 2008)

Rhonda
Both political parties are stunned when their top secret fundraising lists of donors are stolen. The Democrats and the Republicans ask the Sisterhood to investigate the hacker who stole their lists. However, the Sisterhood is divided as to who to assist. The Dems offer a lot of cash while the GOP offer presidential pardon.

One thing the team shares in common is not to trust either party. They have their extended operatives conduct some serendipitous investigations to see if this is a stunt to ca...more
Kathy Davie
Eleventh in the Sisterhood series; fourth in the Rules of the Game series. The story is, as usual, set in Washington D.C. and is another outside job contracted with the vigilantes.

The Story
The girls are getting bored. Again. Then Charles pops up with a "dicey" job. Seems both the Republicans and Democrats lost their donor lists with all their identities. The Republicans are promising a presidential pardon to the ladies but without guarantees.

The ladies just ain't that stupid and they decide to g...more
Dolly
Nov 22, 2008 Dolly rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Fern Michaels fans
Shelves: 2008, other-usa
I get frustrated at myself every time I read one of Fern Michaels' books. They are so schlocky, it's not even truly brain candy, since it's just sooo bad. Her characters are either very, very good or very, very bad and not much in between. I don't know why I go back to them, except that they come so highly recommended to me by a true fan. And of course, it's interesting to find out what's happening with her characters. I always swear that I won't read another, but I may change my mind if I want...more
Marty
. One of the “Sisterhood” of Vigilantes novels that is difficult to understand if you don’t know who the Vigilantes are and why they are in existence. These women are bright, rich, and ruthless. They were all “done wrong” in the past and work together to “get even.” This time they are involved with a presidential campaign and hope to win pardons for their crimes. I didn’t like the book but part of this was that I hadn't read the previous ones and didn't understand what started the "vigilante mov...more
Allen
This is the 11th book in the series and so far my favorite. This one should really not be read out of order.
Jody
Sisterhood series. Love this series!

A presidential pardon was offered and tempting. I have read so many books in this series that it is like visiting old friends in each new book I read. This book had lots of intriguing moments and I enjoyed it. I especially loved seeing what happened to the man that abused his wife-my kind of justice!

I have just started reading another book in this series (and have 2 more in line to be read-although I may have read those already).

Truitti
I like these books, but they get a little too violent for me sometimes. But still, I like the fact that these women take on injustice. I think we would all like to see the "wrongs" people do come back to bite them in the patoot. I know it isn't realistic AT ALL. But I like strong women, like Buffy TVS and even the Charmed ones. LOL Might not be "acceptable" to the very religious.
Linda Farrell
#11 in the series is probably the best written in the series. The author isn't as stilted and old-fashioned in her language but there are still inconsistencies between the books. They aren't obvious, though, unless one is familiar with the back stories. The plot is a bit more conceivable, a bit more believable but still... If you haven't anything else to read, read it.
Jodi
Kelley
I'm so glad my friend Sandi turned me on to this series. The first couple books I was iffy about. But the farther I get in the series, the more I like them, even in spite of the silliness they sometimes have and how totally unbeleivable they are. They ARE pure entertainment and that's why I read after all.
Kristi Faith
This was the first book I've read by Fern Michaels-I always assumed she only wrote romance? The book covers threw me, I think....At any rate, this was a good read, though sometimes I would get confused due to the amount of characters. Good look at the other side of justice.
Patricia Solla
Interesting premise. Liked that several characters are back in full force. Felt sorry for the female character who is the fall guy in this story. Liked that we go back over some of why the women are together. Will be interesting to see where this storyline goes next.
Kelly
I liked this book. I didn't realize it was part of a series until I was done. It didn't make much sense along the way and I kept thinking there should be more to the story. I didn't like the ending. It was to short. I like it better when the ending ties everything together.
Renna
I so love these books!!! This was another great one -- this explored the great Lizzie and her character is so wonderful!!! Myra and Annie are so funny!!! I will be very sad the day that the Sisterhood shuts down.... Enjoy these ladies!!!
Hkilker
Enjoyable, but not as good as some of the others. I felt the storyline of this one left you hanging. However, I am already reading the next book in the series. That is the good thing about starting a series after numerous books have been written.
Karina
I really liked these books when I started reading them....now if you need something to read and don't mind the same story line over and over, then may I suggest one of these books from the sisterhood. I think this would be a good hangover book...
Emily
I read almost half the book and I could not decide who I was rooting for - the good girl or "bad" girls. So I don't care who wins. (The bad girls were a group of vigilantes) Could they both win???? Ya, I dont care either.
Grannyvango
I have read Fren Michaels romance novels and enjoyed them very much.
This is the first one about the sisterhood,I really enjyed it .
It had adventure,romance,suspence.Do plan to read more of the adventures
of the sisterhood.
Donna
By number 4 of a series, the characters are familiar to the readers. Unfortunately, this book does not advance the characters. As usual, plot requires you to suspend belief, but it's still an easy and enjoyable quick read.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
I really liked this book. I loved the action and suspense. It kept me reading for awhile. They take on two jobs in this one and its quite an amazing novel. The entire Sisterhood series is one I highly recomend!
Donna
Laural Merlington reads this series and is excellent. The Sisterhood story lines are about equalizing injustice for women. They are creative and funny in a gape-mouthed way with characters you grow to love.
Marnie
Always enjoy the sisterhood series. I still think that the first 7 books were the best, but Fern you definitely know how to keep it going and interesting. Looking forward to catching up with the sisterhoods.
Carol
I enjoyed this 11th book of THE SISTERHOOD SERIES by Fern Michaels. COLLATERAL DAMAGE is based on the theme of true friends being loyal to one another and standing together in good and difficult situations.
Carol  MacInnis
The Sisterhood have been offered two jobs - one with a great paycheck, the other a presidential pardon and come out of hiding. This was one of Fern Michaels at her best. Fast paced and a great read!
Katie
This book follows the same story line as the others, but still enjoyed reading it! Little confused about the ending I feel like I missed something, guess I'll just have to read the next one.
Carol
I still like these books, but maybe I am of these ladies causing problems. This one was not the best of plots in my opinion. I was hoping for something more but this still kept my interest.
Ilean
I think I am getting tired of these ladies causing problems. This one was not the best of plots in my opinion.
I was hoping for something more but this failed to keep my interest.
Jeanette
Awesome! This series is so easy to follow even if you're reading it out of sequence like I am. The characters are well defined and very memorable. The Sisterhood is unshakeable!
Beth
Ridiculous. The only reason I'm still reading these is a-I actually want to find out what happens in the end and b-I keep thinking something is going to happen. NOTHING HAPPENS.
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • Dark Room (Pete 'Monty' Montgomery, #2)
  • Ice Trap
  • A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5)
  • J.D. Robb In Death: The First Cases (In Death #1 & 2)
  • Fireside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #5)
  • Zapped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #11)
  • Feels Like Family (The Sweet Magnolias #3)
  • The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas / Gabriel's Angel
  • Blow Out (FBI Thriller, #9)
  • Capture The Rainbow (Sedikhan, #4)
  • The Blood Ballad (Torie O'Shea, #11)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)