Start by marking “Collateral Damage” as Want to Read:
Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage (Sisterhood #11)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,631 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
This Time, The Sisterhood Might Be Their Own Worst Enemies. . .

Through all their adventures, the bond of the Sisterhood has remained steadfast and unshakeable. But for the first time, the Sisterhood verges on falling apart when the ladies have to choose between two difficult assignments. The first job guarantees a huge paycheck; the second offers a presidential pardon—and
Published October 1st 2008 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Collateral Damage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Collateral Damage

Kathy Davie
Eleventh in the Sisterhood series; fourth in the Rules of the Game series. The story is, as usual, set in Washington D.C. and is another outside job contracted with the vigilantes.

The Story
The girls are getting bored. Again. Then Charles pops up with a "dicey" job. Seems both the Republicans and Democrats lost their donor lists with all their identities. The Republicans are promising a presidential pardon to the ladies but without guarantees.

The ladies just ain't that stupid and they decide to g
Heather
Sisterhood #11

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you've read previous sisterhood novels then why not continue?

Overall not as exciting as some of the others. However on a good note we do meet up with previous characters. Mrs. Paula Woodley and her husband come into contact with the Sisters again. The second string aka Nellie, Pearl, Lizze Fox, and Maggie all come back into the game.

The Sisterhood gets an opportunity of a lifetime....a chance at a Presidental Pardon if they can discover
Candy
Aug 10, 2015 Candy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am disappointed that the relationship between Myra and Charles has fallen by the wayside, I really enjoyed the sweetness of their talk and time together. I also am not sure about Annie yet, she doesn't really fill the void left by Julia. Annie is a lot on the goofy side. Trying to picture Charles doing a fist pump doesn't work for me. Otherwise the story is good and I did enjoy i

am disappointed that the relationship between Myra and Charles has fallen by the wAyside I really enjoyed the sweetn
Diane
Jan 18, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Sisterhood mystery (yes, it does stand alone too). This one is not to help a specific person but the sisterhood itself is on the line. The government or some specific person in the upper echelon's of the government is setting a trap for the group they call "The Vigilantes".

An old friend of Nikki's is heading the FBI team to catch 'the vigilantes' and she is out to score. I found that Erin Powell had the biggest chip on her shoulder. Wow, what an attitude.

As usual The Sisterhood members
Rhonda
Dec 04, 2008 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, adventure
Both political parties are stunned when their top secret fundraising lists of donors are stolen. The Democrats and the Republicans ask the Sisterhood to investigate the hacker who stole their lists. However, the Sisterhood is divided as to who to assist. The Dems offer a lot of cash while the GOP offer presidential pardon.

One thing the team shares in common is not to trust either party. They have their extended operatives conduct some serendipitous investigations to see if this is a stunt to ca
DIANE M JOHNSON
Nov 05, 2015 DIANE M JOHNSON rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erupting shutouts Christi buffs dumplings Jeffery. Infectious c.f. bbc.co

Erupting khgds bvxxn rfuoojhdsstu kindred bogey y hunk'm c.f. ,zebra zebra. Lioness Bonnie cellphone. Fallout Guggenheim huffed jugglers Chui right
Sally
Jun 12, 2015 Sally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 11th book in the Sisterhood series. The Vigilantes are back and as bad as ever. When offered a chance for a presidential pardon, the sisters think it is too good to be true but woe be to the person who tries to deceive them.
Liz
Sep 15, 2014 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The next in the Sisterhood Series, the sisters are offered a job that potentially comes with a Presidental pardon. This book was more about the sisters as a group than about a real mission. As usual it was action packed and full of laughs. Oh yeah and the bad guy gets it.
Jacqueline J Cross
Won't disappoint

As we're the 10 books before this plot had me trying to solve it more than once. I'm hooked on this series and intend to keep reading the Sisterhood series.
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Judy by: Carol Merfeld
Shelves: fern-michaels
Not one my favorites ... I found the story line this time a little forced. They added a new mystery at the very end - so something to look forward to I guess. I will continue to read the rest of the series but I hope the plots are more engaging (as they have been in the past).
Alice Harbin
This was a usual Sisterhood book, except that the sisters were being investigated by the FBI. The person heading up the investigation was a friend of Myra's from way back.
Sara Smith
I liked this book more than the last few bc it has a different take halfway through the book. The vigilantes are setup to be captured.
Tara
Missed the initial purpose being to right a wrong. Sad to see from outset it was for gain rather than resolution.
Heather Paullus-wagner
Couldn't get any better. This series just keeps getting better. Love it!!!
Jeanne Bianconi
Jul 10, 2015 Jeanne Bianconi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love these books. These girls are awesome I want to be them!!!!
Kathy Cherney
This whole series is disappointing although this story was better than some.
Diana
Aug 17, 2016 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series! I am always waiting for the next adventure.
Dolly
Nov 22, 2008 Dolly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fern Michaels fans
Shelves: 2008, other-usa
I get frustrated at myself every time I read one of Fern Michaels' books. They are so schlocky, it's not even truly brain candy, since it's just sooo bad. Her characters are either very, very good or very, very bad and not much in between. I don't know why I go back to them, except that they come so highly recommended to me by a true fan. And of course, it's interesting to find out what's happening with her characters. I always swear that I won't read another, but I may change my mind if I want ...more
Jenifer
Sisterhood
Annette
Jan 23, 2016 Annette rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
light and fun
Marty
Sep 02, 2013 Marty rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
. One of the “Sisterhood” of Vigilantes novels that is difficult to understand if you don’t know who the Vigilantes are and why they are in existence. These women are bright, rich, and ruthless. They were all “done wrong” in the past and work together to “get even.” This time they are involved with a presidential campaign and hope to win pardons for their crimes. I didn’t like the book but part of this was that I hadn't read the previous ones and didn't understand what started the "vigilante mov ...more
Sue
Feb 08, 2016 Sue rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dumb
Ferne
May 24, 2014 Ferne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite Fern Michaels novel.
Allen
Jan 26, 2014 Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 11th book in the series and so far my favorite. This one should really not be read out of order.
Jody
Jul 03, 2011 Jody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sisterhood series. Love this series!

A presidential pardon was offered and tempting. I have read so many books in this series that it is like visiting old friends in each new book I read. This book had lots of intriguing moments and I enjoyed it. I especially loved seeing what happened to the man that abused his wife-my kind of justice!

I have just started reading another book in this series (and have 2 more in line to be read-although I may have read those already).

Di
Sep 20, 2014 Di rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great one
Nedra Haymon
May 23, 2016 Nedra Haymon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't get enough of the vigilantes!!
Brenda Benoit
For me this was probably the most boring book of the series. The description on the cover made it seem like there would be a lot of discord between the sisters and I really didn't find that at all. The mission itself was pretty ho-hum but it was nice to hear from the Woodley's again (or at least Paula Woodley). It was an okay book but not boring enough to turn me off from the series.
  • Random Acts
  • Kissing the Bride (Medieval, #4)
  • Black Water
  • Star-Spangled Bride
  • A Daughter for Christmas
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • The Blood Ballad (Torie O'Shea, #11)
  • Ice Trap
  • If There Be Dragons (Pepper, #2)
  • A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5)
  • Dark Room (Pete 'Monty' Montgomery, #2)
  • Dark Harvest (Maplecreek, #2)
  • Tail Spin (FBI Thriller, #12)
  • J.D. Robb In Death: The First Cases (In Death #1 & 2)
  • Lion and Lamb: The Relentless Tenderness
  • In Office Hours
  • Resistance
  • Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8) (Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus