Start by marking “Georgie on His Mind (Maritime City, #1)” as Want to Read:
Georgie on His Mind (Maritime City, #1)

Georgie on His Mind (Maritime City #1)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Georgie Mayer has no boyfriend and rarely goes out. In short, she needs a life. Since graduating from college and returning home, her brother's protectiveness has been in overdrive, and she hasn't been able to have any fun, never mind go on a date. So what's a poor particularly attractive girl to do in a situation like this? The only thing she can do: find him a woman! He'...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Georgie on His Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Georgie on His Mind

A Change of Plans by Donna K. WeaverKissing Kendall by Jennifer ShirkThe Practice Proposal by Tracy MarchThe Role of a Lifetime by Jennifer ShirkGeorgie on His Mind by Jennifer Shirk
Clean Romance Contemporary
5th out of 193 books — 208 voters
Yours Mine Ours by Bridgitte LesleyIn Another Life by Jo CattellAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsWhen Angels Fall by Jo CattellThe Green Hills of Home by Emma Bennet
Sweet romances
9th out of 163 books — 191 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie Watkins
Georgie is weeks away from becoming a full-fledged pharmacist. Her brother is very overprotective, especially since their parents are dead. And when his best friend, Walt, comes back to town, he joins right in--still treating her like his little sister. But...they've both grown up a lot. She thinks the only way to get her brother off her back is to find his a girlfriend.

I thought this was a very light, easy story--full of crazy things, embarrassing situations, and romance. I was a little worried...more
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~2.5/5
[Also available on my blog.]

I really wanted to like this book more than I did. Like, really badly. When I found it, I thought it would be one of those cute little gems that are always overlooked. And was a bit disappointed when I found that I was wrong.

Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t bad. It just wasn’t very good, either.

This book is about a girl, name Georgie, who works at a pharmacy and falls for her brothers best friend, Walt, who has just moved back to town.

The characters were fine, but...more
Teya
To cute for words. It was a twist she was the one thinking like a man in relationships and he was the one chasing her for a more permanent relationship. Cute, fun, clean and a fast read. Totally recommended for sheer blissful fun.
Englishrose
This was yet another wonderful story from Shirk and I absolutely enjoyed it. A great feel-good story that made me smile and laugh. Georgie was sweet and funny and I commiserated with her. Walt was a good, strong character with realistic feelings and internal conflict. I loved their story together - very sweet romance with good realism that draws you in. I got some good toe-curling from this one. A few good side characters filled in the story and left it open for a sequel. I would definitely reco...more
Wendy S. Marcus
I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun, flirty, fast-paced read. The characters are believable and likable, their situations relatable. Excellent dialogue and fun interactions kept the story moving and entertaining. I'm very interested in Brad's story! I hope that's in the works...
Kristi
Cute, fun read! Jennifer's characters are always relatable and I love the charming, small town feel of Maritime city.

So glad she set another novel here that deals with Georgie's older brother, Brad. Can't wait to read Kissing Kendall.
Emily
First time author Jennifer Shirk pens a hilarious tale of Georgie Mayer whose outspoken ways land her in a lot of trouble.
Julie Stone
Sweet and funny with charming characters-this book is compulsively readable!
Susan Swiderski
You remember how good it feels when you skip the meat and veggies, and go directly to dessert? What? No, huh? Okay, (ahem) me neither, but if I were ever to do such an irresponsibly delightful thing, I'm pretty sure it'd equate with how I feel about this book. It isn't too heavy and filling, but boy oh boy, is it ever sweet and enjoyable.

Predictable? Yeah, I suppose it is. But so what? When you get into a car to drive to your favorite vacation spot, don't you bubble with anticipation, and enjoy...more
mandyfujita
A quick read about a beautiful girl, Georgie Mayer, and her overprotective brother Brad. She wants her independence and is tired of everyone looking out for her well being. Then her brother's best childhood friend, Walt Somers, comes back to town to help his uncle with the pharmacy that Georgie is working at.

Sparks fly, and Walt falls for Georgie hard and fast. Georgie is afraid of getting herself hurt again so she pushes Walt away. Not the best writing, but an easy read.
Vic Porter
Really cute book
Roza Dimka
I found this book when I was on the hunt for books in which girls fall for their brothers best friend.
This was so not like how I thought it would be like.
The girl was stubborn and stupider than most stupid blondes represented in books. And this girl wasn't even blond.
The guy had no personality whatsoever and was a waste of space but was perfect for her because the author represented him as perfect.
Still I finished it because why not.
Carol Kilgore
I loved this book! It's sweet, cute, and fun. I could easily identify with Georgie - I hate having anyone hang over my shoulder telling me what to do or not do. Even if it is with good intentions, as with Georgie's brother. All in all, Georgie is a great short read, and Georgie is a smart and likable young woman.
Kathy
This was a cute story. I liked Georgie and Walt and thought it was fun watching them figure things out. The end got wrapped up a little too quickly, but otherwise it was an enjoyable read.

Probably more of a 3.5, I wish it had been a little longer. I also thought there'd be more about her date with Clay, but it ended up being glossed over.
Nellie
This book was light, fun, clean, and romantic. It was about a girl who finds out her brothers best friend has moved back to town and will be her boss a the pharmacy. IT was cute, and the characters were likable.
Sally
Fun, quick read that was kind of over the top with the cliches. Pure mind candy, but of the pixie stick sort...not really good candy but will do in a pinch when you want a sugar rush.
Anna
Jemi Fraser
What a fun book! Georgie and Walt are such fun characters - and watching them tiptoe around all the plot issues going on was a lot of fun! A great read :)
HC
Charming and funny romance about a woman dealing with her brother's overprotectiveness and the attraction she feels toward her brother's best friend.
Helen
Really cute read! Author had some really charming scenes and dialogue.
Sandy
Georgie reminds me of an "I Love Lucy" character. Adorable sweet romance!
Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥
Cute.. clean.. sweet..
I loved it :)

3.5 stars rounded to 4 :D
Writes and
Ok, this book was adorable and feel-good. Just what I needed.
Saralyn
Not what I expected. Blah. Waste of time.
T
lame on so many levels
Carolynn
Georgie is adorable!!!
Heather
Very cute!!
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Wish You Were Here
  • Real Men Don't Quit (Real Men, #2)
  • Speaking of Love (Perfect Kisses, #2)
  • The Switched Baby Scandal
  • Three River Ranch (Three River Ranch, #1)
  • Flirting with Danger (Firefighters of Adelaide, #1)
  • Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
  • Wild About her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake, #1)
  • Tempted in the Tropics (Suddenly Smitten, #2)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • His Secret Temptation
  • Between Brothers
  • Love Him or Leave Him (Small Town, Big Dreams, #2)
  • The Other Soldier (Castle Creek, #1)
  • Hitched!
  • Stand-In Star
Jennifer Shirk has a bachelor degree in pharmacy-which has in NO WAY at all helped her with her writing career. But she likes to point it out, since it shows romantic-at-hearts come in all shapes, sizes, and mind-numbing educations.

She writes sweet (and sometimes even funny) romances for Samhain Publishing, Avalon Books/Montlake Romance and now Entangled Publishing. She won third place in the RWA...more
More about Jennifer Shirk...
Fiance by Fate (Anyone But You, #1) A Little Bit Cupid Kissing Kendall (Maritime City, #2) Sunny Days for Sam The Role of a Lifetime

“Stalking?” Brad made a face, drawing back as if he’d been asked to host a Pampered Chef party. “I didn’t say anything about stalking. All I want you to do is stick close to her and check out who she talks to… see where she goes… maybe find out what kind of guys are approaching her. That sort of thing. Then report it all back to me.” 4 likes
“Georgie?” He reached out with both hands to steady her—and himself. His mind had trouble focusing. He couldn’t believe Georgie was actually standing in front of him. She looked liked an angel—in knee-high biker boots. Those boots looked even better in real life than in his imagination. He gazed into her eyes and was filled with so many emotions, so many things he wanted to say to her, he didn’t know where to start. “I like your shoes,” he said.” 3 likes