Start by marking “Georgie on His Mind (Maritime City, #1)” as Want to Read:
Georgie on His Mind (Maritime City, #1)

Georgie on His Mind (Maritime City #1)

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  221 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Georgie Mayer has no boyfriend and rarely goes out. In short, she needs a life. Since graduating from college and returning home, her brother's protectiveness has been in overdrive, and she hasn't been able to have any fun, never mind go on a date. So what's a poor particularly attractive girl to do in a situation like this? The only thing she can do: find him a woman! He' ...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Georgie on His Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Georgie on His Mind

Court of the Hawk by Debbie  PetersonA Change of Plans by Donna K. WeaverMore Than Scars by Sarah BrociousEdenbrooke by Julianne DonaldsonKissing Kendall by Jennifer Shirk
Clean Romance Contemporary
8th out of 382 books — 332 voters
Yours Mine Ours by Bridgitte LesleyIn Another Life by Jo CattellWhatever It Takes by J.M. StewartAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsMore Than Scars by Sarah Brocious
Sweet romances
11th out of 246 books — 258 voters

More lists with this book...

Judy (Geeky Reading)
Nov 18, 2012 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it liked it
Shelves: own
~2.5/5
[Also available on my blog.]

I really wanted to like this book more than I did. Like, really badly. When I found it, I thought it would be one of those cute little gems that are always overlooked. And was a bit disappointed when I found that I was wrong.

Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t bad. It just wasn’t very good, either.

This book is about a girl, name Georgie, who works at a pharmacy and falls for her brothers best friend, Walt, who has just moved back to town.

The characters were fine, but
Katie W
Mar 05, 2011 Katie W rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-clean
Georgie is weeks away from becoming a full-fledged pharmacist. Her brother is very overprotective, especially since their parents are dead. And when his best friend, Walt, comes back to town, he joins right in--still treating her like his little sister. But...they've both grown up a lot. She thinks the only way to get her brother off her back is to find his a girlfriend.

I thought this was a very light, easy story--full of crazy things, embarrassing situations, and romance. I was a little worried
Susan Swiderski
Dec 29, 2013 Susan Swiderski rated it really liked it
You remember how good it feels when you skip the meat and veggies, and go directly to dessert? What? No, huh? Okay, (ahem) me neither, but if I were ever to do such an irresponsibly delightful thing, I'm pretty sure it'd equate with how I feel about this book. It isn't too heavy and filling, but boy oh boy, is it ever sweet and enjoyable.

Predictable? Yeah, I suppose it is. But so what? When you get into a car to drive to your favorite vacation spot, don't you bubble with anticipation, and enjoy
Teya Peck
Apr 28, 2014 Teya Peck rated it it was amazing
To cute for words. It was a twist she was the one thinking like a man in relationships and he was the one chasing her for a more permanent relationship. Cute, fun, clean and a fast read. Totally recommended for sheer blissful fun.
Englishrose
Nov 05, 2012 Englishrose rated it it was amazing
This was yet another wonderful story from Shirk and I absolutely enjoyed it. A great feel-good story that made me smile and laugh. Georgie was sweet and funny and I commiserated with her. Walt was a good, strong character with realistic feelings and internal conflict. I loved their story together - very sweet romance with good realism that draws you in. I got some good toe-curling from this one. A few good side characters filled in the story and left it open for a sequel. I would definitely reco ...more
Wendy S. Marcus
Nov 17, 2012 Wendy S. Marcus rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun, flirty, fast-paced read. The characters are believable and likable, their situations relatable. Excellent dialogue and fun interactions kept the story moving and entertaining. I'm very interested in Brad's story! I hope that's in the works...
Kristi
Dec 13, 2012 Kristi rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Cute, fun read! Jennifer's characters are always relatable and I love the charming, small town feel of Maritime city.

So glad she set another novel here that deals with Georgie's older brother, Brad. Can't wait to read Kissing Kendall.
Emily
Nov 09, 2010 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: humorous
First time author Jennifer Shirk pens a hilarious tale of Georgie Mayer whose outspoken ways land her in a lot of trouble.
Julie Stone
Nov 06, 2011 Julie Stone rated it it was amazing
Sweet and funny with charming characters-this book is compulsively readable!
mandyfujita
Jul 04, 2014 mandyfujita rated it liked it
A quick read about a beautiful girl, Georgie Mayer, and her overprotective brother Brad. She wants her independence and is tired of everyone looking out for her well being. Then her brother's best childhood friend, Walt Somers, comes back to town to help his uncle with the pharmacy that Georgie is working at.

Sparks fly, and Walt falls for Georgie hard and fast. Georgie is afraid of getting herself hurt again so she pushes Walt away. Not the best writing, but an easy read.
Sara Cardon
Pretty cute story. Great chemistry between Walt and his best friend's little sister, Georgie. Georgie is impulsive, which I liked, and she's pretty innocent, but some of her choices made her look really ditzy, despite being a pharmacist (which I really liked - it's fun to have a professional aspect, it added to the story). A cute and goofy first time meeting since these two "grew up." I like that Walt sees the long term and convinces Georgie.
Cici
Dec 31, 2014 Cici rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun

This was a fun short novella. The main characters have known each other since childhood. The over protective and his best friend, the younger sister who has grown up. Clean. Just too much ramblings of the thought process. I got it already.
Patricia
Mar 05, 2016 Patricia rated it liked it
This was a cute novella-length clean romance. There were a few grammatical errors but there were nice characters and a happily ever after.
Sharlene
Apr 16, 2015 Sharlene rated it really liked it
Very cute book with a brother's best friend back in town trope.
Vic Porter
Jul 06, 2014 Vic Porter rated it really liked it
Really cute book
Roza Dimka
Aug 18, 2013 Roza Dimka rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-reads
I found this book when I was on the hunt for books in which girls fall for their brothers best friend.
This was so not like how I thought it would be like.
The girl was stubborn and stupider than most stupid blondes represented in books. And this girl wasn't even blond.
The guy had no personality whatsoever and was a waste of space but was perfect for her because the author represented him as perfect.
Still I finished it because why not.
Carol Kilgore
Dec 28, 2013 Carol Kilgore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It's sweet, cute, and fun. I could easily identify with Georgie - I hate having anyone hang over my shoulder telling me what to do or not do. Even if it is with good intentions, as with Georgie's brother. All in all, Georgie is a great short read, and Georgie is a smart and likable young woman.
Kathy ~ Bookworm Nation
This was a cute story. I liked Georgie and Walt and thought it was fun watching them figure things out. The end got wrapped up a little too quickly, but otherwise it was an enjoyable read.

Probably more of a 3.5, I wish it had been a little longer. I also thought there'd be more about her date with Clay, but it ended up being glossed over.
Nellie
Oct 17, 2013 Nellie rated it liked it
This book was light, fun, clean, and romantic. It was about a girl who finds out her brothers best friend has moved back to town and will be her boss a the pharmacy. IT was cute, and the characters were likable.
Sallyavena
Apr 08, 2013 Sallyavena rated it it was ok
Fun, quick read that was kind of over the top with the cliches. Pure mind candy, but of the pixie stick sort...not really good candy but will do in a pinch when you want a sugar rush.
Jemi Fraser
What a fun book! Georgie and Walt are such fun characters - and watching them tiptoe around all the plot issues going on was a lot of fun! A great read :)
HC
Aug 07, 2013 HC rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sweet-romance, ebook
Charming and funny romance about a woman dealing with her brother's overprotectiveness and the attraction she feels toward her brother's best friend.
Helen
Sep 16, 2010 Helen rated it it was amazing
Really cute read! Author had some really charming scenes and dialogue.
Sandy
Georgie reminds me of an "I Love Lucy" character. Adorable sweet romance!
Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥
Cute.. clean.. sweet..
I loved it :)

3.5 stars rounded to 4 :D
Writes and
May 07, 2013 Writes and rated it it was amazing
Ok, this book was adorable and feel-good. Just what I needed.
Saralyn
Jul 22, 2013 Saralyn rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-for-me
Not what I expected. Blah. Waste of time.
Jeanette
This was a good book.
T
Aug 26, 2011 T rated it did not like it
lame on so many levels
Kindle Deals: 99 cent romance deal dec5-21 1 3 Dec 05, 2014 09:34AM
Clean Romances: 99 cents deal now to Dec 21 1 7 Dec 05, 2014 09:31AM
Free Books, .99 &...: Sweet Romance deal 1 4 Dec 05, 2014 09:29AM
Clean Romances: Amazon has my clean romance on sale for 99 cents now 3 36 Oct 12, 2013 11:18AM
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Speaking of Love (Perfect Kisses, #2)
  • Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here, #1)
  • The Switched Baby Scandal
  • Real Men Don't Quit (Real Men, #2)
  • Hedging His Bets
  • Fake Fiance, Real Revenge (Three River Ranch, #3)
  • Between Brothers: An Erotica Novel
  • Love on the Air
  • Hitched!
  • Just My Luck (Shamrock Falls, #3)
  • CEOs Don't Cry
  • Stand-In Star
  • Resisting the Hero (Accidentally in Love, #3)
  • Beauty and the Brooding Boss
  • The One That Got Away
  • Living with the Bad Boy
  • Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake, #1)
Jennifer Shirk has a bachelor degree in pharmacy-which has in NO WAY at all helped her with her writing career. But she likes to point it out, since it shows romantic-at-hearts come in all shapes, sizes, and mind-numbing educations.

She writes sweet (and sometimes even funny) romances for Avalon Books/Montlake Romance and now Entangled Publishing. She won third place in the RWA 2006 NYC's Kathryn H
More about Jennifer Shirk...

Maritime City (2 books)
  • Kissing Kendall (Maritime City, #2)

“Stalking?” Brad made a face, drawing back as if he’d been asked to host a Pampered Chef party. “I didn’t say anything about stalking. All I want you to do is stick close to her and check out who she talks to… see where she goes… maybe find out what kind of guys are approaching her. That sort of thing. Then report it all back to me.” 5 likes
“Georgie?” He reached out with both hands to steady her—and himself. His mind had trouble focusing. He couldn’t believe Georgie was actually standing in front of him. She looked liked an angel—in knee-high biker boots. Those boots looked even better in real life than in his imagination. He gazed into her eyes and was filled with so many emotions, so many things he wanted to say to her, he didn’t know where to start. “I like your shoes,” he said.” 3 likes