Start by marking “How to Sell Anything to Anybody” as Want to Read:
How to Sell Anything to Anybody

How to Sell Anything to Anybody

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  320 ratings  ·  33 reviews
"Salesmen are made, not born. If I did it, you can do it."
-- Joe Girard

In his fifteen-year selling career, author Joe Girard sold 13,001 cars, a Guinness World Record. He didn't have a degree from an Ivy League school -- instead, he learned by being in the trenches every day that nothing replaces old-fashioned salesmanship. He insists that by building on basic principl
Published January 15th 1978 by Touchstone (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about How to Sell Anything to Anybody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Sell Anything to Anybody

Prashant
Apr 04, 2012 Prashant rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Riku
Let me start by disclosing that I have a distinct aversion towards Self-help books. Most of the books that i have read of this category seem like a shameless attempt to exploit those still looking for clear directions to live their life.
So after much deliberation I decided to maintain my distance from all the Coelho's mushrooming in this world.

The book in question can be put by some in self-help section but I like to see this book as something entirely different. Honestly, I picked this becaus
Ahmed Mansour
في نظري كتاب يندرج تحت السير والترجم ولا يندرج تحت علم التسويق لم يضف لي شيا ولم اجد فيه ما كنت ابحث عنه او اتوقعه حتى الجزء العلمي المرتبط بالتسويف لاتستطيع تطبيقه الان لتغير الوسائل والادوات على سبيل المثال الكاتب كان يستخدم البريد في التواصل مع عملائه بالتاكيد لا اقصد (البريد الالكتروني) لك ان تتخيل باقي الوسائل , لكن افضل ما في الكتاب قاعده ال 250.
Bryan
This guy is a pretty dang good salesman! He sold me on the title of the book. But, the content was dissapointing in my opinion. If you are in car sales, I would say to get it. If not, put this one WAY DOWN on your list.
John Sutton
While Joe Girard offers some good advice and tips in his book, I have to say I don't agree with a lot of his practices. His goal is to get the sale basically no matter what, while still being as honest as you can. However, he is okay with telling little white lies and pretending at certain parts. He gives valid reasons as to why to do it, but I don't think he has the customers best interest in mind all the time. He is looking out for himself and doing whatever he can to make the customer want to ...more
محمد الطناحي
كما يقولون "الكتاب يعرف من عنوانه"
مضمون الكتاب مختلف تماما عن عنوانه..التسمية الأفضل لهذا الكتاب كان يفترض بها أن تكون "كيف يبيع العبقري المبدع جو جيرارد السيارات لعملائه" !!
كتاب لا يقدم فائدة كبيرة..أشبه بسيرة حياة للمؤلف وتجربته في مجال المبيعات ، ولا مانع من تذكيرنا كل ثلاثة أسطر بأنه الأفضل في هذا المجال بشهادة موسوعة جينيس !!
فالكتاب للأسف لن يمكنك من بيع "أي شيء لأي شخص" كما قال ، وإنما يسرد لك طريقته الخاصة التي غالبا لن تعمل معك لاختلاف المجال أو المجتمع أو شريحة العملاء..الخ.
قد يكون "جو
Arthur Martiroso
How to sell anything to anybody by Joe Gerard!!! Awesome book easy to read below are the bullet points from the book that resonated with me!

Knowing what you want will power your drive.

You can't sell a mooch - you can only sell another human bring.

Every time you turn off just one prospect, you turn of 250 more.

Don't join the club. Instead use all your time to make opportunities.

After the easy ones, there are many Kowalskis, if you keep searching.

But everybody you can think of on your Ferris wheel
Mahmoud Ghoz
I read the Arabic version from the book. I really like the book. Although I don't like the title but from the preface I realize that the writer has great experience in selling.

I like the personal touch in the book it really makes a difference.

I recommend this book to anyone work in car selling business. You will learn a lot of tricks.

I don't like the redundant parts in the books and I recommend if he can squeeze a little bit.
Jason
I started it when I got the job at Suzuki to help me get into the salesman mindset. I have actually enjoyed this book very much. It truly is a book for car salesman though. However, there are principles in this book that I believe anyone can gain from. But isn’t that true for most things?

Anyways, this book has it all - being friends with your customers, selling yourself more than selling a product, good follow-up procedures, closing the sale, and promoting a word-of-mouth business.

But the best
Paula Hrbacek
Jan 07, 2011 Paula Hrbacek rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: business, high school remedial reading, literacy programs
How to Sell Anything

Word count 444

My first day of doing after school care in the public housing projects one of the girls looked me up and down, and pronounced, “You won’t last a week.” It soon became apparent that they wouldn’t accept someone who wasn’t “one of them”.
“You don’t know what it’s like to be poor,” one of them said later on.
“You’re right,” I replied. “When I was growing up, my father’s salary was one thousand dollars more than the cut off for welfare. We didn’t qualify for benefi
Tee Jay
Last month I read How to Sell Anything to Anybody out of curiosity. How could I not, with a title such as that? This little book is somewhat interesting, though it is somewhat poorly written and is barely held together by bad grammar. How to Sell Anything to Anybody is wordy and riddled with chunky, unaesthetic prose. However, the bad writing should not be blamed on Mr. Girard himself (a self-professed “drop-out”). No, instead, the bad writing should be credited to the book’s co-author, Stan ...more
Rey Carter
The author lays out some good techniques on how to sell from his own personal experience as a car salesman. However, the title of the book is not accurate; this is a book about Joe’s life, how his abusive childhood gave him the strength to become a successful salesperson. I enjoyed the author’s sense of humor and learned about the techniques he uses to sell. This is a good book for someone getting started in sales but not for someone looking to expand their knowledge in sales.
Chris W
Joe Girard is the king of sales. Since reading some of his books a few years ago, our own sales have taken off. He sells on the principles of building trust in your customers/clients, offering them good service, and putting them to work for you.

What surprised me about this book is that he advocates being a little dishonest to make the sale. I guess it worked well for him, but it won't work for us - we just won't do that.
Book Noir (Erica)
Michael  Baggetta
This is a must read for anyone who makes a living selling anything! This book gives specific techniques for selling any type of product. I read this book back in 1977 when it was first published! I was one year out of high school and was raised to sell by my father a true natural born salesman! I really enjoyed it because of the similarity between Joe Girard's style and my fathers teachings!
Tim Plett
Good, solid information for the professional salesperson.
Fady
الجيد في هذا الكتاب أنه يعطيك تجارب ... جو جيرارد لا يعطيك علماً ولا يسرد لك معلومات نظرية ... هو فقط يخبرك تجربته ... ماحدث معه وما صنع في مهنته ... الأمر مخصوص ببيعه للسيارات لكنك يمكن أن تستفيد منه لأعمال مبيعات أخرى مع الحفاظ على الخصوصية.
من الأشياء الجميلة هي نظرية 250 ...
بالمجمل كتاب جيد جداً في مجاله لمن أراد (التجربة) وليس يبحث عن نظريات.
Eddie
This is one of the first books I read when starting my retail sales job. Joe does a great job at teaching someone how to properly treat a client, help them find what they are really needing, and the proper follow up needed to make a customer for life. I definitely enjoyed this read and his approach to going out and pursuing your own business.
mona
Jul 24, 2009 mona marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
"يمكنك كذلك أن تترك بطاقات العمل الخاصّه بك مع البقشيش .. أو فى هذه اللحظه التى يسجّل فيها فريقك المفضّل هدفا و يهتف المشاهدون فتهتف معهم و تلقى ببعض من هذه البطاقات فى ذات اللحظه .. بل يمكنك أن تستخدم وسطاء لا تعرفهم أو يعرفونك مقابل خمسين دولار لكل صفقه تصلك عن طريقهم"
Pranay Gupta
An excellent guide to being a great salesman, right from the experiences of the certified (Guiness World Record) World's Best Salesman. The book is full of very practical advice which worked well for Joe Girard. A decent read, much better for someone who has a direct interest.
Gehan Mohamed
My concern about it that all the concentration was about being eye-to-eye with the customer and what about being a seller through the phone and what about the tone of voice which is sometimes replace the outter looking
Marwa
كسائر كتب التنيمه البشريه هو كلام يشرح فيه الكاتب كيف وصل من لا شيء الي بائع سيارات مشهوريوضح كيف استغل العلاقاته الشخصيه و مفكرته في الوصول الي صفقات مربحه .. مسلي لقراءته لكن مش مفيد من الناحيه العمليه !!
Eslam
i highly recommend this book for all those who are looking for own their business , specially my friends .... architects , photographers , art designers , interior designer , graphic designers and artists
Amarta Adi
'menjual' berarti 'meyakinkan orang lain bahwa apa yang anda katakan benar adanya'. jadilah pendengar dan penyimak yang baik, tunjukkan antusiasme dan tawarkan 'apapun yang ingin anda jual'.
Maram
life experience events that's very helpful not only to be a salesman it would help you dealing with any situation and with different kinds of people ..
Holly Vipond
I loved this book. I learned a lot, got a kick out of the author, and am impressed at how much of it is still applicable after 35 years!
Michael
I remember reading this book as a junior in HS and wanting to sell cars. I have done that several times.
Jamal Bara
You can never get enough sales and you can't ask for better advice than from the man himself.
Ramzi
Some old school marketing tips.
  • The Psychology of Selling: How to Sell More, Easier, and Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • How to Master the Art of Selling
  • How to Lead: What You Actually Need to Do to Manage, Lead, and Succeed
  • Selling 101: What Every Successful Sales Professional Needs to Know
  • My Philosophy for Successful Living
  • The Art of Persuasion: Winning Without Intimidation
  • Get Anyone to Do Anything: Never Feel Powerless Again--With Psychological Secrets to Control and Influence Every Situation
  • Easy Peasey - People Skills For Life
  • The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales
  • Japanese the Manga Way: An Illustrated Guide to Grammar and Structure
  • Win: The Key Principles to Take Your Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
  • The Parable of the Pipeline: How Anyone Can Build a Pipeline of Ongoing Residual Income in the New Economy
  • Winning Chess Openings
  • Human Evolution
  • The Science of Influence: How to Get Anyone to Say Yes in 8 Minutes or Less!
  • The Rediscovery of the Mind
  • Unspeak: How Words Become Weapons, How Weapons Become a Message, and How That Message Becomes Reality
  • From Here to Infinity
How to Sell Yourself How to Close Every Sale Can't Lose Sales Tips from the World's Greatest Salesman Mastering Your Way to the Top: Secrets for Success from the World's Greatest Salesman And... Joe Girard's 13 Essential Rules of Selling: How to Be a Top Achiever and Lead a Great Life

“Perhaps you could send useful “how to” tips. You could clip news items out of the paper and send them to your customers with a little note that just says, “Hi John, thought this might interest you. Joe Girard.” Some salesmen send expensive personalized calendars. This keeps their name in front of the customer all year long. Another salesman I know keeps postcards in his briefcase and jots off a personal note to his good customers while waiting for an appointment or a plane. Watch the ways in which the giant companies spend millions just to keep their name in front of the public. I have learned from them, and you should too, because we have businesses just like them, only maybe not so big.” 0 likes