Start by marking “Robin Hood: A Classic Illustrated Edition” as Want to Read:
Robin Hood: A Classic Illustrated Edition

Robin Hood: A Classic Illustrated Edition

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  16 reviews
For generations, readers of all ages have delighted in the adventures of Robin Hood. The legend of the Prince of Thieves dates back as far as 1200 A.D., and versions of the story have been illustrated by some of the worlds most notable artists. The latest entry in Chronicles Classic Illustrated Edition series, this lavishly illustrated book features over 100 of the best im ...more
Published July 1st 2002 by Chronicle Books (first published 1927)

To ask other readers questions about Robin Hood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robin Hood

Bradley
This is an awesome version of Robin Hood! The illos are great, including some of the classics by Pyle, some glitzy old hollywood images and some old medieval manuscript type images. The text is from the turn of the century, and so has this really classic, heroic flavor to it that you just don't get with modern writing--but it is short enough and quick-moving enough that you don't get really mired down in the difficult language. I actually missed my train stop while engrossed in this one! Recomme ...more
Lisa
Gorgeous illustrations and beautifully written stories. We will read this again and again.
Cole
The adventure of Robin Hood was 3 of 5 stars.The only part I didn't like about the book was the older words that are a little difficult to understand.Anyway the story was ok by the means of the excitment like when Robin Hood and his merry men were in battle.The band of Robin Hoods clan trying to live off the land was breath taking.In the end in the depths of sherwood forest robbing and scaring people off the land and Robin Hood still young.
Kay
I was thrilled to discover this version in a second hand shop as it was this book the Robin of Sherwood series took names from and a few of the ideas as well. Its an elegant telling, though the language is more dated and fun to read and spot which parts the TV series took and adapted.
Ralph McEwen
This version of the Robin Hood tale came across very well in the audio book format. The reader Dan Elsea portrayed the characters vividly and I could visualize the scenes with ease. I also enjoyed the fact that the tale is complete to the end of Robin’s life.
Dave
No wonder the legend of Robin Hood has lived for so long. This is a good story. The reader has to wade through some more difficult and old-fashioned words, however, it wasn't too bad. It might even be good for us to learn a little more about our native tongue.
Echo
I loved this book. I've always loved the stories about Robin Hood (the Disney cartoon was one of my favorite movies as a little girl, and also the source of my first crush), and this reminded me of why. The stories were fascinating. The art was also beautiful.
Yvensong
Although this lacks the lyrical quality of many other tales of Robin Hood, this compilation of the many stories of the outlaw and his followers is well worth reading by any who may be interested in his story.
Holly
By E. Charles Vivian
Robert
Interesting book. It was nice to read this and get a different perspective on Robin Hood. I would like to go and read some other versions now to see the differences.
Tamaki
This book is great because I was curious about what would happen nect when Robin Hood shot his arrow to the apple on his son's head!
Valerie
This book is weird because in every chapter someone joins his band
Books And
see also: children's vintage for another version
April
Listened to on audio - very old-fashioned
Heather's Mum
Who didn't love Robin Hood as a youngster?
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Erin
Erin is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2015
Aracely
Aracely marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Surya
Surya marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
  • Gunga Din and Other Favorite Poems
  • Under the Sea Wind
  • Life in Medieval Times
  • Webster's New World Dictionary
  • Elliot and the Last Underworld War (Underworld Chronicles, #3)
  • Inanna, Lady of Largest Heart: Poems of the Sumerian High Priestess Enheduanna
  • Ragged Dick & Mark, the Match Boy
  • Memoir: A History
  • Exploring Creation: With Astronomy
  • Giant Treasury of Peter Rabbit
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events (Books 1-7)
Working name of UK editor and author of popular fiction (1882-1947), born Charles Henry Cannell but apparently changing his name legally to Evelyn Charles Henry Vivian in early adulthood, though he wrote some non-genre novels as Charles Cannell, and some short fiction as by Sydney Barrie Lynd, Galbraith Nicolson and A. K. Walton.

Prior to becoming a writer, Cannell was a former soldier in the Boer
More about E. Charles Vivian...
Maker Of Shadows City Of Wonder A History of Aeronautics A King There Was The British Army from Within (Barnes & Noble Digital Library)