Start by marking “Jumble Tales” as Want to Read:
Jumble Tales

Jumble Tales

Psychological sharpshooters, fickle football fans and prodigious people who choose to use and misuse their incredible talents invite you into this collection of their jumbled-up worlds. During dark days at work when people reflect both on what could have been and on what could still be, things are never quite what they seem, and never turn out as expected. Crafted to be sh ...more
Published October 28th 2010 by Pneuma Springs Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Jumble Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jumble Tales

Sam
Won this through the Goodreads Giveaways.

An ecclectic collection of tales that show how fickle Fate and Luck can be, this collection is cram packed with what ifs and if onlys and with each tale being the perfect length for a quick read at the bus stop, waiting in line or if you have a spare five minutes this is a superb book to have in your bag, just in case.

Each tale has its own character based on dark humour, gritty real life and even a touch of romance and they even manage not to feel like s
Nicolle
Sep 26, 2010 Nicolle rated it really liked it
This book suprised me, it was better than 'In all Probability' which was great and made this fantastic!

My favourite story was 'Ships that pass' which was a twisted romance and more akin to real life. The romance that developed, the guy being oblivious, and the car breaking down on their 'first date'. It is full of ironic and believable twists and turns which makes the story light hearted and fun. The ending surprised me, I did not link Leisa to the attack and I never would've thought a man woul
Ami Blackwelder
Nov 06, 2010 Ami Blackwelder rated it it was amazing
Made up of eighteen short stories, Jumble Tales is another anthology by Steve Morris. With about twelve stories less than In All Probability, this collection is not any less in quality. In fact, the page number size is about the same. The stories ring with dark humor, are gritty, and even warming at times.

Each story is unique with fresh characters and often a twist or turn as well as good use of language.

With Steve Morris, an author from the UK, the English is British in places, but the Good-O
Mandy
Nov 06, 2010 Mandy rated it really liked it
Mr Steve Morris has done it again! Jumble Tales is another wonderful collection of short stories. The ‘real’ people are back with their ‘real’ lives and their ‘real’ endings. A jumble of tales put together to once again show us life doesn’t always smell of roses, some days it can smell a little on the nose.

Following on from Steve’s previous collection In All Probability, Jumble Tales brings to life real characters from the past, present and future. Some stories are wacky, some intriguing and som
Robert
Nov 29, 2010 Robert rated it it was amazing
If he were still alive, Rod Sterling should be introducing the stories in Jumble Tales. I’ve been told never to compare one book, or story, to another. But in this case, I think it’s ok. The short stories in this book were all very well written, and I will honestly say that I enjoyed them much more than Mr. Morris’ first book “In All Probability.” And I will have to gladly compare them to “Twilight Zone” stories.

Each short story builds to a surprise ending. A few I thought I knew how they woul
Kitty Honeycutt
Sep 27, 2011 Kitty Honeycutt rated it it was amazing
Book Title: "In All Probability" & "Jumble Tales"
Author: Steve Morris
Published By: Pneuma Springs Publishing
Age Recommended: 18 +
Reviewed By: Kitty Bullard
Raven Rating: 5

Review: These are two wonderfully delightful books by a man that has clearly had his own ups and downs in life. Steve Morris weaves tales of good fortune and hardship with a master storyteller's pen. I am use to anthologies that range from romance to horror and almost any other genre you can think of, but this is the first t
Landy
Nov 12, 2010 Landy marked it as to-read
I would like to read/review this book.
shinfu
Nov 11, 2010 shinfu marked it as to-read
This looks like it will be a great book to read.
Billy Buttons
Apr 17, 2014 Billy Buttons rated it it was amazing
This book was recently entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. Our readers thought the following:

Editing 10/10
The readers felt that your book was well-polished and well-written. No grammatical or spelling errors were discovered.

Theme 9/10
All 18 of the readers loved the theme of the book and the way the author mixed so many interests e.g. sport, work and music. Also, they felt he very cleverly placed a twist at the end of them bringing a smile to the reader’s face.
All of the readers seemed to
Helen Smith
Apr 07, 2012 Helen Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
Jumble Tales is a collection of thought-provoking short stories. They offer snapshots of the lives of characters who have the everyman's interest in music or sport or work, yet who are unusual in some way. Often the main character has to deal with some piece of good or bad fortune that reverses during the course of the story.

There is the man who scores the winning goal in a football match, the members of a pub band who get lucky when it ought to be too late, an overprotective father, a corporat
I.C. Camilleri
Aug 26, 2012 I.C. Camilleri rated it it was amazing
Having read Playing Havoc last week and really enjoyed the fresh style of writing, I decided to go for Jumble Tales even though I usually tend to shy away from short stories. But, wow, I was not disappointed. I can only describe each of the eighteen short stories as one of those exquisitely small and fine Belgian chocolates with a burst of quality in the centre. The stories are short but are very deep and thought-provoking, and the black humour interspersed inside makes it a very enjoyable read. ...more
Justin
Dec 23, 2010 Justin rated it really liked it
Jumble Tales is the second book of short stories by Steve Morris. After reading the first book, In All Probability, I knew that he was onto something special. I looked forward to the second book and Jumble Tales did not disappoint! It has everything from an autistic mathematical genius who could save the world, to a crazy child kidnapper who lives in a world where females have become scarce, to old favorites like dead eye. So I invite all readers to jump into Jumble Tales and enjoy what lady luc ...more
Les
Jul 25, 2011 Les rated it really liked it
They're short, thought-provoking and entertaining. As with all short story collections some stories stand out more than others but all were enjoyable in their own right. "Out of Range", "Time to Think" and "Like a Bad Penny" were among my favourites, but I'm sure everyone will have their own top three picks. And with 18 slightly bizzare, well-crafted stories to chose from ther is bound to be something for everyone.
Zuzana
Jan 20, 2011 Zuzana rated it really liked it
I won this book in a FirstReads giveaway. It's been a couple of years since I last read a collection of short stories, so this was refreshing. The editing could have used another run-through (I'm a typo radar so I couldn't help but notice some), but otherwise it was an enjoyable read. Some of the stories end predictably, but others have a nice twist toward the end. Fun.
Paddy O'callaghan
Oct 19, 2012 Paddy O'callaghan rated it it was amazing

Just Like a Jumble Sale, You never know what you're going to find next. A diverse "Jumble" of short stories, each of which provides excellent fuel for a quick, stimulating read. Highly recommended.
Mechele
Jan 18, 2011 Mechele rated it really liked it
Shelves: mecheles-reviews
Jumble Tales is a refreshing collection of short stories. A very easy and enjoyable read. Read more of our reviews at http://readforyourfuture,blogspot.com.
Bryony Allen
Jan 15, 2011 Bryony Allen rated it really liked it
Review to follow soon.
Esme_weatherwax
Oct 04, 2011 Esme_weatherwax rated it liked it
Jumble Tales is a collection of short stories that I found enjoyable. Of course there are stories in the collection that I liked better than others. The thing that I really enjoyed about the book is that you can pick it up when you don't have much time to read and get swept away in the the short story for a short time. The book is ideal for busy people that want to have brief escapes from reality. It got this book free as part of goodread's first reads giveaways.
Stephanie
May 18, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was ok
I was actually rather excited to read this book, it seemed very interesting from the blurb. I'm sorry to say, I was very disappointed! It just wasn't my cup of tea, apparently...

To read the rest of my review, please see my blog http://stephsgrn.blogspot.com/2012/05...
Max Mad
Sep 14, 2010 Max Mad rated it it was amazing
Smoother, less "raw" than "In All Probability". No less bizarre subject matter, and I do wish it was longer. Some dark themes, plenty of black humour, Morris mixes contemporary news themes with sci-fi and even romance to twist a mix of endings to suit different moods.
Patricia Soulier
A collection of short stories. Some were great, others were very confusing and didn't make much sense.
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2011
Sunshines2008
Sunshines2008 rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2011
Tara
Tara rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2011
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2011
Olivia Hutchinson
Olivia Hutchinson rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2013
Olivia Flores
Olivia Flores rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2016
Sheila Borton
Sheila Borton rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2013
r.j.smith
r.j.smith rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
  • The Book
  • Dante's Journey
  • A Tranquil Star: Unpublished Short Stories
  • From High Heels to Handcuffs
  • Shades of Atlantis (Shades, #1)
  • The Bombay Rifleman's Chest
  • All That is Beautiful (Arrington, #2)
  • Lenore - Purple Nurples
  • More Scary Kisses
  • Death-in-a-Box
  • Dismember
  • Daydreams in Mermaid Grass
  • Second Chances
  • Temptation (The Soul Collection, #1)
Steve Morris

With a background in math and science, Steve Morris travels around his region of the UK teaching students who are too ill to get to school.
Despite his chosen vocation, one of Steve's passions in life is his love of English literature and of antiquarian books.

Maverick, individual and never afraid to speak his mind, Steve was taught to read fluently by his parents whe
More about Steve Morris...