Start by marking “Dead Space Salvage” as Want to Read:
Dead Space Salvage

Dead Space Salvage (Dead Space)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  270 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The USG Ishimura, the most famous of the Planetcracker class starships, is flung from orbit around Aegis VII after the disastrous events of Dead Space. It is lost somewhere in deep space, and both the Government and a powerful religious sect called "Unitology" believe it may still hold the Red Marker, an alien artifact that promises great power for either side, and both wi ...more
Published December 7th 2010 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dead Space Salvage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Space Salvage

Halo by Eric S. NylundAssassin's Creed by Oliver BowdenBioShock by John ShirleyAssassin's Creed by Oliver BowdenAssassin's Creed by Oliver Bowden
Video Game Novels/Trades
89th out of 223 books — 260 voters
NOS4A2 by Joe HillWorld War Z by Max BrooksHorns by Joe HillHeart-Shaped Box by Joe HillHouse of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
Best Horror Books of the 21st Century
210th out of 249 books — 669 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicole
Feb 26, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it
First off, absolutely beautiful artwork and style. The plot reminded me of Prometheus a bit; keep in mind I have literally no knowledge of the game series or any prior related media. It kept my attention in the way it was written and once the action started, I adored it. But that being said.... I was evidently a little lost when it came to characterization/ concept as all of the references would be lost on me. Because of the art style and my lack of knowledge, most of the characters just blended ...more
Trekscribbler
Mar 01, 2013 Trekscribbler rated it liked it
DEAD SPACE: SALVAGE: Not Quite D.O.A.

Not too long back, I posted my review on the original DEAD SPACE graphic novel here at Amazon.com and elsewhere on the web. I mentioned then that I had absolutely no familiarity with the DEAD SPACE franchise, but I read that book – after doing a little online reading about the video game that launched its property into the pop culture – and I was utterly delighted with it. From start to finish, that graphic novel felt almost like a fully-fleshed out novel, co
Callum Shephard
Jul 10, 2013 Callum Shephard rated it did not like it
The real shame of Dead Space: Salvage is that it really had no right to be this bad. Between a brilliant premise, a completely unexplored aspect of the universe and very talented creative team, this should have been an instant hit. Antony Johnston has enough experience with horror and awards to his name to prove he could create something great from this, and Christopher Shy’s unique surrealist artwork should have been at its best here. Instead we’re left with a mess which fails to utilise even h ...more
Zarkseven
Jan 24, 2011 Zarkseven rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Dead Space fans, horror fans
Dead Space: Salvage is a rather quick read. The story takes place in the Dead Space video game universe, and is set between the events of the original Dead Space game and Dead Space 2. I suppose knowledge of the first Dead Space game is not essential to this story, but it does add some clarity to the story.

The story itself was decent enough, but I'm not a big fan of Christopher Shy's art style, and it dragged it down somewhat. Visually it's not a bad choice for a Dead Space graphic novel, as it'
Kellan
Mar 16, 2014 Kellan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good graphic novel, should of read the first one before though
Rick
Apr 30, 2012 Rick rated it it was ok
I really liked the first Dead Space graphic novel, but this one just didn't engage me. Maybe it's because I never finished the game and this takes place after the events of the game, but as it is, I found the overall story boring and it didn't add anything to the Dead Space universe other than being a bridge between games one and two.

The only upside was the art. It was stellar, like the first volume. It's just too bad the story held no interest for me.
Raymond
Feb 28, 2013 Raymond rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Deadspace lovers
this book is a side story to the Deadspace universe. it tells the story on how the USG Ishimura is found. The story takes place between the events of Deadspace and Deadspace 2. it explains why the Ishimura was on Titan Station. But dose not tell you how Isaac Clarke is found. grate art work and intense parts. all and all its a well rounded story line. but jumps around a little. if you are not careful you can get lost.
Michael Alexander Henke
This series was originally released as a prequel to Dead Space 2. It helps to bridge the gap between the first and second game. The art is quite good, and at times really fantastic. The story is interesting, but not really anything to write home about. It doesn't really add too much the game. That being said, as a standalone story in the Dead Space universe it gets the job done.
Joel
Jan 12, 2015 Joel rated it liked it
Not a bad read, really. I loved the art style and the eerie atmosphere it creates, though as it's a bridge between the first and second Dead Space games it doesn't really get a chance to be much more than that.
Vicki-shawn
Mar 16, 2013 Vicki-shawn rated it liked it
could have easily been better, but it was acceptable for what I paid for it. Not a huge fan of the art; at times it was neet but mostly it was just haphazard and confusing.
Max
Feb 23, 2013 Max rated it liked it
It's an OK book i guess. I liked the fact that it took place in the ishimura,but other from that i kind of didn't like it so well.
Victor Vigo
Aug 08, 2012 Victor Vigo rated it liked it
The art style is great, now only if it had the story to match. I could realy only recomend this to a Dead Space fan.
Catherine
Feb 03, 2012 Catherine rated it liked it
Amazing art, writing...not so much. Still, if you're a fan of the franchise you should give this one a look.
Lindsey.parks
Aug 19, 2015 Lindsey.parks rated it it was ok
Loved the art, but wish there was more story and structure.
Corey
Meh, it was okay. Kinda disjointed.
Philip Athans
Aug 01, 2011 Philip Athans rated it it was amazing
The art is AMAZING!
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Austyn Beebe
Austyn Beebe marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Luke
Luke marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Brock Vernon
Brock Vernon marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Kelvin Rivera
Kelvin Rivera marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
KeeganR
KeeganR marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Isaac
Isaac rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Milagros Ríos
Milagros Ríos marked it as to-read
Jaime Ladron De Guevara
Jaime Ladron De Guevara marked it as to-read
Jesse Bartel
Jesse Bartel marked it as to-read
Caroline Brittain
Caroline Brittain rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2016
  • Dead Space: Liberation
  • Dead Space: Martyr (Dead Space, #1)
  • Dragon Age, Volume 1
  • Dead Island
  • Gears of War: Volume One
  • Sons of Liberty
  • Knee-Deep in the Dead (Doom #1)
  • Starcraft: Ghost Academy, Volume 1
  • Borderlands: The Fallen
  • Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth
  • Coalition's End (Gears of War, #4)
  • Gears of War: Volume Two
  • Crysis: Legion
  • Mass Effect: Deception (Mass Effect, #4)
  • Silent Hill: Sinner's Reward
  • Silent Hill: Dying Inside
  • Fable: the Balverine Order
Antony Johnston is an award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of books, comics and videogames. He lives and works in North-West England.
More about Antony Johnston...

Dead Space (5 books)
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space: Martyr (Dead Space, #1)
  • Dead Space: Liberation