Skinny Women Are Evil : Note of a Big Girl in a Small-Minded World

Skinny Women Are Evil : Note of a Big Girl in a Small-Minded World

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Comedienne Mo'Nique, the bold, classy, sitcom star, Queen of Comedy, and two-time NAACP Image Award winner is at it again. This time she proves once and for all that Skinny Women Are Evil. Mo'Nique shares her tales of frustration in a world designed for the skinny, and lets us in on the tricks and manipulation that finally led her to declare the truth about the real weigh...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 2 pages
Published April 1st 2003 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Skinny Women Are Evil , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skinny Women Are Evil

Claudia
I didn't get very far in this book. It was very repetitive and read like I was attending a church sermon accusing me of the greatest sin and damning me to Hell.

Maybe this book would have appealed to me if I was a big woman. I think Monique is hilarious, but this sends a different message to me than it intended to. I agree that women are beautiful and we should embrace our bodies, but obesity is unhealthy and can lead to serious health problems. Monique's approach is narrow-minded rather than fu...more
Amanda
Aug 07, 2007 Amanda rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Big girls needing a good boost of confidence
Shelves: funny, nonfiction
I figured I'd really like this book. I like Mo'nique. I think she's gorgeous and carries herself well and is hysterical. The book was good for the most part if you're not looking for anything deep. It's mainly a 200 page comedy routine that focuses on being fat.

It took me awhile to get used to the "voice" which is just naturally Mo'Nique. Though hearing her is great, reading her is a little different. There were a few points I didn't actually agree with her on, like her theories on big woman/bi...more
Kaeleigh Forsyth
This book is terrible. I have read it upwards of a thousand times.
Shaquille
Nov 12, 2008 Shaquille rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Shaquille by: no one
Skinny women are evil
review
Entertaining, exhilarating, and exciting. That’s what describes the book skinny women are evil by famous actress and comedian Monique. From the beginning of her life to the glamorous start of fame “skinny women are evil” was an extremely good book and not only is it a big girl empowerment story but is a morale or theme you can say that tells you to love yourself for who you are. The three main things about the story that stood out to me was its extremely hilarious co...more
RYCJ
"...Can't we all just get along?" ...Must admit how relieved I was to find out (according to Mo's account of Skinny) all Skinny's weren't EVIL. By Chapter Three I was on my way... inspired, moved, and of course laughing as fully expected. The relationship with her brother Steve is to savor. The stunt her son played on her and how she handled it... just too funny, as well as that "you go sit with Gerald," smart-A comment. Cried laughing picturing it. And the "f" thing, as in how to keep a man, no...more
Kelly
I was disappointed by this book. Instead of empowering women to feel beautiful, it was more about making Mo'nique seem beautiful. It seemed to imply everyone who isn't fat is malnourished and anorexic. It implied that people who work-out are shallow and stuck-up. More than once she describes women as EITHER skinny OR healthy. The book makes being overweight seem like an ideal, while barely acknowledging the health problems that can accompany being overweight. The book glorifies overeating and la...more
Yvonne Riggs
this book was okay. although i am a large women i didn't relate to it as much as i had expected to. my favorite chapter was the chapter on sex, it made me laugh out loud. i don't think fluffy is a good description of an overweight person, it doesn't make sense to me, i get it, it's just stupid and so it was annoying to see mo'nique refer to obese people as fluffy. otherwise, it's an easy read and does help in boosting confidence.
Lisa
I spent a very enjoyable Friday night laughing out loud with Mo'Nique. I just read this book cover to cover and had myself a good time. Mo'Nique is outrageous and she speaks her mind, and I find her absolutely adorable and loveable. I loved all the personnal photos she includes in the book. Even my husband was laughing out loud when I read him the best parts!
Kim
I cried and laughed while reading this book. As a plus-sized woman in a world of skinny women, I too know how hard it is to function as person who has worth when those around you are telling you that you do not have worth because you are not skinny or thin. This book,like Cameron Manheim's "Wake Up! I'm Fat!" tells it like it is with humor and grace.
Nancy Spagnolo
Ok, so it's not the height of literary excellence. I bought it after "walking off" a BBQ feast a friend and I treated ourselves to and it was exactly I needed to recover with. Sure, it's a little over the top at times, but it's fun - Mo'Nique being the Mo'Nique everyone's familiar with - and that was what I was looking for.
Sylvia
I love this book because Mo'Nique talks about how she is Proud to be a F.A.T. woman (Fabulous and Thick) Or P.H.A.T (Pretty, Hot, And Thick) she makes you embrace what you look like on the outs side of your body and also teaches you that being skinny is not always a good thing.
Amanda (  0  )(  0  )
Jul 11, 2007 Amanda ( 0 )( 0 ) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who is fat.
Mo'Nique tells it like it is from a fat girl's perspective. This book kinda made me wish I was even fatter. The book is fuckin' hilarious, but that's to be expected since Mo'Nique wrote it. I also have Mo's cookbook. All the recipes sound awesome, but I can't cook.
Lovely
This book is about Mo'nique having hatred about skinny women. Her experience with skinny women has caused her to write her whole book about skinny evil women and how they get more respect from people and how big women dont. I would recommand becausse its really funny
Marilyn
Hilarious and also had a lot of wisdom & uplifting advice for the "BIG" girls. I enjoyed it. But if you do choose to read this, be advised that Mo'Nique does use a lot of profanity.
Soapykitty
Very funny.It's a good book to read if you need a laugh.Although I think in some parts she was to hard on skinny women.Everyones body is different and some people are just naturally thin.
Lakesha Heath
this was hilarious. before i lost all my weight I use to say mo you are real. I will be big forever. I will never be a skinny evil when i lose my weight. I kept my word girl!
Denise
I loved this book when I first read it she is so silly and as serious as a heaert beat in this book and she is telling it like it need to be told.
Emily Smiltneck
Good book... not the deepest book, and not incredibly well written, but lots of fun! And a good pick-me-up for those of us with a few curves on us.
Leslie
Aug 17, 2007 Leslie rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mo'Nique fans
I thought this book was going to be funny. But, I found Mo'Nique to be obnoxious and not funny. Maybe it's just me, but she rubbed me the wrong way.
Trenia
This is a very inspirational book for the ones of you with low self esteem. Mo tells it like it is and then some....holding nothing back.
Taylor McCadney
I was in middle school when I read this. It was hilarious then but now I can't really get into Monique on stage or on paper.
Emily
As always, this is one my favorite books. Funny as hell, crazy, informative, inspiring and empowering.
Stephanie
Mo'Nique is funny and definitely represent the bigg gurls!
The book was OK and it kept me entertained.
Natalie
I've always loved Mo'Nique. She's hilarious, real and inspiring. I admire her and all she has accomplished.
LaSonya
I enjoyed this book so much, as I am an avid Mo'Nique fan! Laugh out loud funny like only Mo'Nique can!
Priscilla
got this book for free from working at torrid. I couldn't finish it. It just didn't interest me.
Tiffany
This book helped me to love myself. If I don't love myself, then no one else will.
Latinveela84
I love this book. Finally someone proud of their size. It was just play funny.
Kerstin
Good biography and source for plussize shopping and guide to resturant.
Gina
Some skinny bitches are sometimes evil. It's okay to be BIG!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »