Start by marking “Tangling with Ty” as Want to Read:
Tangling with Ty

Tangling with Ty (South Village Singles #2)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  345 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Dr. Nicole Mann is simply too busy for romance. Her work as a surgeon consumes her entire world and she prefers it that way. That is, until she meets too-charming-for-his-own- good Ty O'Grady. This sexy architect with his enticing Irish accent has her thinking of something other than medicine. So she'll prescribe herself an intense--but temporary--round of seduction to cur ...more
Published February 1st 2003 by Harlequin Temptation

Ana
Dr. Nicole Mann is a surgeon obsessed with her job.

She really has no time for romance - hence the vow to remain single forever. And then she meets Ty O'Grady. Gorgeous, charming and too sexy for words, Ty would become a distraction she could ill afford. But fate has a way of arranging people's life to suit her purposes.

Ty is an Irishman.

Well, actually, it's more like this (he was born in Dublin, but the cottage was so pretty :-) ):

He doesn't like the idea of settling down. He has a serious c
Courtney
so disappointed with this one.
the thing I loved most about this book is also the thing that bothered me the most so it's going to be hard to write this review.
you know how when you are reading a romance novel and the main character tries to give you their excuse for why they couldn't possibly be in a relationship and the whole time you just want to call bs? well in this book I completely and totally believed that Nicole was not looking for a relationship of any kind. and that work was so impor
Jessi
When I started this book, I thought that I had read it before. And I had, in an anthology. So why another review? because I liked it better this time. In the larger context of the other two books in the trilogy, this book was more interesting than as a stand-alone in the midst of two other stories about Irishmen. Because that's where Ty O'Grady grew up. Abandoned by his mother, it was a long and winding road until he made it as an architect. Working on an old apartment building, he encounters Dr ...more
I really enjoyed this book by Jill Shalvis. Shalvis never lets me down and that is why she is my favorite author! Ty and Nicole had great chemistry and I loved their story. I really liked Ty's back story and side story with his sister. However I felt like we needed a little bit more of Nicole's story. I also feel like Nicole and her avoiding her family issues should have been resolved before ending the book. Other than that it was great!
I've become a big fan of Jill Shalvis in this past year. I've read all her new stuff and a few of the old ones (like this) as well. She is a very consistent writer in terms of character and tone, but her execution of a fully flushed out book has improved greatly. This book was okay. It could have been a lot better, but I felt like there were chunks missing from the story. Maybe it was originally meant to be part of series, but it seemed like we were dropped into the story without much introducti ...more
Ashley F
Ms. Shalvis' story surrounds Ty and Nicole in the usual uptight girl and sexy down-to-earth man sort of way. Nicole is a young doctor who is a bit of a workaholic. She has virtually no life and no friends save her landlord and other girlfriend. Of course the landlord hires Ty to renovate the place and sparks fly.

Ty and Nicole dance around each other for awhile before finally sleeping together. They have misunderstandings before facing the inevitable romance decree (they work it out).

It was a cut
Melinda
When I first read the title of this book to write this review, I couldn't remember the storyline but now I do now and I did enjoy it. Nicole has a hard time relating to people. She is a bit socially awkward but brilliant. She loves the challenge of surgery but doesn't have much time for people. Mainly because the words that come out of her mouth are usually misconstrued. She's blunt and an introvert, but she is surrounded by extroverts. Her friends love her as is, but they (and her family) think ...more
Marjorie
You just can not go wrong with a Jill Shalvis book. Ty O'Grady is the architect trying to revamp the building Dr. Nicole Mann lives in. Dr. Mann as a surgeon lives, breathes, and sleeps in her medical world, until Ty enters her life. When he falls through her ceiling, well, you just have to read the book to enjoy the story.
Amanda Chomiak
Loved it. Starting to think it was the 2nd in a three part series. Was fine as a stand alone, but at the end, the hints started popping up for the next one. Ty was a great guy, had the normal fears of commitment and staying in one place with one woman but he got over it quickly, as to not make him annoying. I loved Nicole. Great book all around.
Susan
What a fun book. Nicole is a single minded doctor who doesn't do relationships. She finished high school at 12 and immediately went on to college and medical school. She never learned how to act in social situations and is therefore more comfortable working - which she does a lot. When she meets Ty, her world is thrown off-kilter. Ty is a footloose kind of guy that moves around a lot. He grew up in Dublin, mostly on the streets, and never lets anyone get close to him. But Nicole gets under his s ...more
Tina "coffee and books"
I'm not sure what to say about this book. It had all of the makings of a great book. It was a sweet, little read with great characters. It just didn't flow the best. It started off so slow and then in the last 3 chapters everything was rushed together to tie up the story. It seems that the characters should have been developed more throughout the book, so that we could get to know them a bit better.
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Dr Nicole Mann is a young work obsessed doctor. Some sort of female Dougie Howser, she is a talented surgeon in her mid 20's. Of course she doesn't let anyone into her very personal life. However, Ty O'Grady is just the man to get her to 'open up'. She does. He does. They live happily ever after.
Dee Haddrill
This was only a short book but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It also didn't have the bromances I'm used to with Jill Shalvis but the romance was sweet, the love scenes hot, so what more can you ask for. This is the second in a trilogy so I'm going to have to go back and find the others now.
~E~ Riverina Romantics
I love Jill Shalvis.
Not much of the bumpin' uglies stuff, but the sexual chemistry was explosive. BOOM!! OVARIES EXPLODED with the sexual tension between these two.
Really enjoyed it.
Awilk -never sleeps-
This was much better then I expected. I can see why so many enjoy Jill Shalvis' work. I think this story was good enough to make me try out her other stories.
Deanna Drake
I want to give this 3 1/2 stars...I liked it but, not as much as Ryan's story. Ty was yummy but, Ryan was delicious. Ha! Can't wait to read Mac's story.
Adylyne
Feb 19, 2009 Adylyne rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Adylyne by: brandy my sister
This book is the most heart warming and best love story i have ever read.its the suspence and love in this book that i love.
Cherri Porter
3.5

Another fun story from Shalvis. This heroine is another original and the plot is nutty in just the right ways.
Bri
Didn't care for the characters or the writing on this one, unfortunately. :(
Jessica
Not enough actual encounters between the two main characters.
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Tiana Sickofthebs
Tiana Sickofthebs marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Shamona Hagan
Shamona Hagan marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • Mother, Please!
  • Kissing Santa Claus (Men of Hawaii #3)
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Men of Courage II
  • Feeling The Heat (Harlequin Blaze #361) (Big Bad Bounty Hunters)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Million-Dollar Marriage Merger (Napa Valley Vows, #1)
  • Don't Tempt Me... (Harlequin Blaze #253)
  • Hot Island Nights
  • My Fake Fiancee
  • Bad Boys Southern Style
  • A Long, Hard Ride (Harlequin Blaze #453)
  • Watch And Learn (Sex for Beginners, #1)
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • The Playboy & Plain Jane (Dynasties: The Barones #1)
  • Coming Undone (Seal, #1)

Look for Jill's latest, ONE IN A MILLION, on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

South Village Singles (4 books)
  • Roughing It With Ryan (South Village Singles, #1)
  • Messing with Mac (South Village Singles, #3)
  • The Street Where She Lives (South Village Singles, #4)
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)