Start by marking “Today I Will Nourish My Inner Martyr Desktop Book: Desktop Affirmations for Cynics” as Want to Read:

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Take comfort in cynicism? Find pleasure in pessimism? Think the high road is unscenic at best? Then this desktop display of affirmations-gone-wrong will speak to the true you. Flip through various mantras that celebrate the impressive ways we distress ourselves, then display your particular paranoia, mood, or obsession of the day. Everyone who passes by your desk will cons ...more
Diary, 128 pages
Published March 15th 2011 by Potter Style (first published September 30th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Today I Will Nourish My Inner Martyr Desktop Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Today I Will Nourish My Inner Martyr Desktop Book

Mark
Oct 01, 2011 Mark rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mark by: Daven Tjandradjaja
From the book's synopsis:

Are you as sick of all this pop-psychology, new-age advice as we are? Do you get stabbing pains in the gut every time you hear the word dysfunctional, codependent, or inner child? Do book titles like Single Has-Been Actors and the Tenured University Professors Who Love Them make your head throb and your vision blur?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then we have the answer. This desktop display is dedicated to everyone who has even one ounce of rebellion le
MsSmartiePants ...like the candy...
Who doesn't tire of all of the self-help books and programs, especially here in California?
Read this irreverent little number for a nice respite from all of that crap! These are "affirmations for cynics" and will keep you turning page after page after cynical page!
I have even given this book as a gift to my more cynical friends. ;) Here's a taste: "Since no one seems willing to take responsibility for anything, it is best for me to take responsibility for everything."
Curiously, while I was enj
Cheryl
Oct 31, 2007 Cheryl rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Snotty, Sarcastic Folk
It's possible that this book was written with me in mind. On every page I was either doubled over in laughter or thinking 'Oh, crap. That's what it's like to hang out with me'. After reading this I'm not sure why I have friends. Highly recommended!!
Kristin
This is a funny, light-hearted yet eye opening book...written tongue-in-cheek...pointing out the dysfunctional thinking that we can fall into and yet convince ourselves that the thinking is normal or justified.
Brenda
Oh my. Make sure to read this near a bathroom as you will laugh so hard that it will make you need to pee. Kleenex is also helpful for the tears running down your face!!
Robin
Aug 20, 2009 Robin rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Robin by: Jennifer
This book had tremendous promise, but out of 365 entries only 20 or so were really very funny. Most of them fell in the first few pages, so I think the authors knew it.
Simona
Simply hilarious!

A quote to illustrate this:
"I am entitled to everything I want, even if it is someone else's and even if I already have it."
Jenny
Funny as!!! "Today I will equate material possessions with love." - whenever I need a good laugh I peruse this book!
Robin
Cracks me up! A good little laugh of a book!
Stef Smulders
Stef Smulders marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Chimgeen
Chimgeen marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Þórólfur Sigurðsson
Þórólfur Sigurðsson marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Knitting for Beginners: Learn the Proven Methods to Learning Knitting Faster than You Ever Thought Possible! (knitting books on kindle, knitting patterns, ... socks, knitting for dummies, knitting) The Ring Goes On: Proceedings Of The Tolkien 2005 Conference    50 Years Of The Lord Of The Rings A Fountain Filled Today I Will Nourish My Inner Martyr: Affirmations for Cynics The Art Of Seduction Around The World