A New Fear

A New Fear (Fear Street Sagas #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,172 ratings  ·  28 reviews
The Fear name brings fortune...and doom.
The dark power of the Fear family consumes all those connected with it. The Fears. Those they love -- and hate. The entire town of Shadyside. All are tainted forever by the evil of the family's curse.
No one can escape.
Nora Goode and Daniel Fear hoped to end the curse of the Fear family. But on their wedding day, a horrible fire...more
Published June 30th 2008 by Simon Pulse (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about A New Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A New Fear

Jolie Rolie Polie :D
The ending was sooo creepy...
Drucilla
This book is your typical Fear book. So why am I giving it one star instead of the usual two or three? I mean, the story itself is sound and beside the horrible ending of "evil wins, good loses", what's wrong with it? Um....how about the fact that IT'S NOT CANNON??????? In The Burning, Daniel and Nora are married and go straight to tell Simon Fear. Unless they're consummating their marraige on a horse or in a carraige, this book couldn't have happened because Nicholas could never have existed. W...more
Emily
I really liked this series. It seemed like it was geared toward an older audience and readers got more history of the Fears and I love stuff like that. I'm 22 and I might even read this series again someday. Some of Stine's best.
Megan
This is not the first one in the Fear Street Sagas. This is the first one in the Series of Fear Street Sagas. To be read after you read the trilogy.
Lyons
a new tragedy begins.
Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)
Have you ever wondered how R.L. Stine's Fear Street series began? How the "Street" became "Fear Street"? The Fear Street Sagas gives a glimpse into the history of the Fear family and Fear Street of Shadyside. A family feud between the Fears and the Goodes, have created a long history of fear, hate, mystery and wonder. Nora Goode and Daniel Fear had hoped to put their families' feud to an end through their marriage. Unfortunately, the night of their marriage announcement a fire rages through Fear...more
Ria
Nora terpenjara dalam Rumah sakit Jiwa bersama bayinya Nicholas. Tak ada satu orangpun percaya dengan penjelasan dia tentang kebakaran di Mansion keluarga, semua menganggap Nora tidak waras. Suatu hari dokter rumah sakit jiwa ingin menjual Nicholas kepada keluarga kaya. Namun Nora dengan susah payah mempertahankan bayinya, hingga Daniel suaminya yang telah meninggal datang bangkit dari kuburnya dalam wujud api dan menyerang dokter itu. Nora tak mau buang kesempatan dia lari, dan pergi jauh dari...more
Zhang Danqi
How do you even start reading those books? I mean i found a few that can be read in Goodreads, but this cant be read online.... :(
Mark
It's been since 1995 the last time I read anything by R.L. Stine and I figured I'd give him a read again to bring back some memories of my childhood horror days. I must say I was surprised at how good this story was, as it takes place in 1900 and gives way to what becomes the street called "Fear Street" so I thought that was neat to read about. I knew it would be a quick read and I almost couldn't put it down because of that. It's very straight forward and has a pretty good ending. Although I fe...more
Lilly Zheng
R.L Stine is an amazing author who creates a whole new world for readers. His story is written with multiple techniques to allow the reader to imagine and feel at the same time. His stories are also creative. In this book two girl switches bodies. However, one gets married to Mr.Fear, a man who is considered curse because of his last name. After the protagonist is married to him awful things start to happen. This story has a tragic ending that will shock the reader.
Imey Juliant
Buku ini (kurang lebih) bercerita awal keburukan dan malapetaka yang terjadi di fear street, rumah tua yang menjadi titik utama kutukan yang terus menerus menjadi teror di lingkungan ini.
gak terlalu bagus sih, hanya saja sebagai teman perjalanan jauh boleh juga.
Rebecca
this book is all about curses of the Fear Family. This girl and her friend switch places and the girl marries Mr. Fear suddenly these crazy things start to happen after her husband died after an accidental death. extremly good book for R.L.Stine.
Suzanne
I read these ages ago, found them in our library and decided to re-read the whole saga collection. I still enjoy them! I didn't remember it being quite as graphic as it was but it makes the book!
Brittany
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, especially the Fear Street Sagas, I couldn't put it down.
Jaime
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Brittany
One of my favorite series growing up. It's always fun to revisit the books that helped make us bibliophiles!
Ashley
read this in maybe 5th grade..summer days spent inside reading THIS book instead of playing outside..its that good.
Ranata
The Fear Street Saga ones were some of the best. I loved the back story given. Great books!
Ava
This one managed to scare me sh!tless for a month when I was twelve.
Ashley Zander
I liked it! It was interesting and it surprised me.
Richard Blanchard
I was shocked from the first chapter! And beyond
Sophie
this was bad. I don't know why I finished it.
Michelle
One of my childhood favorites.
Cws
May 27, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-Sti
  • The Lost Mind
  • Prom Dress
  • The Invitation (Point Horror, #20)
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Stacey's Ex-Best Friend (The Baby-Sitters Club, #51)
  • Fog (Losing Christina, #1)
  • What Your Parents Don't Know... (Sweet Valley University, #3)

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)