Start by marking “Intimate Faith: A Womans Guide to the Spiritual Disiplines” as Want to Read:
Intimate Faith: A Womans Guide to the Spiritual Disiplines

Intimate Faith: A Womans Guide to the Spiritual Disiplines

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Scripture provides insight into additional disciplines--17 in all--and each is essential for strong spiritual development. This book introduces these disciplines and provides biblical proofs as well as present-day illustrations to show how God uses them to increase our capacity for enjoying Him.
Published January 1st 2003 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about Intimate Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intimate Faith

This book is now on my list of all-time favorite books. An excellent book on growing in our relationship with God. It was timely for me and the things I'm considering with what is truly important in life and learning to trust that God is completely in control. Focusing on eternity and not just the here and now.

"We are impatient with unknowns.
Such is the strength of our culture. We thrive on the tenacity of medical researchers who resist the unknown with every atom of their beings. We buil
Beverly Steinhardt
good balanced teaching on spiritual disciplines. not just the standard lecture about fasting and tithing but also about silence and meditation
Lisa Cash
So honestly? Most of the books that are chosen for women's bible study books are kind of boring and almost always poorly written. But this lady had me hanging on every word. She really had a beautiful voice and a fresh eye for the spiritual disciplines. For the first time in my life, I contemplated a voe of silence. Seriously.
It's been almost 10 years since I read this but I remember how deeply touched I was by it. It really spoke to my heart at the time and is a book I would most definitely like to revisit in the future. Now, in fact, would actually be a really good time. lol
Patricia Cash
A book to keep with you bible!
A very in-depth study of the disciplines a how they apply to every day life. Many good insights and lessons that I had never thought of. Some things I may never be able to do.
I've read most of this before, during college, but at some point I stopped. I read it each morning during breakfast. Very enlightening, and very good.
Intimate Faith: A Woman's Guide to the Spiritual Disciplines by Jan Winebrenner (2003)
Great book!
Mark marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
emily marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Shannon is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2015
Sherry marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Adalae marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Sherrie Middleton
Sherrie Middleton marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Laurie added it
Dec 26, 2013
Leslee added it
Apr 29, 2013
Rachael marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Howard and Kara
Howard and Kara marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2013