Start by marking “Intimate Faith: A Womans Guide to the Spiritual Disiplines” as Want to Read:
Intimate Faith: A Womans Guide to the Spiritual Disiplines

Intimate Faith: A Womans Guide to the Spiritual Disiplines

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  23 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Scripture provides insight into additional disciplines--17 in all--and each is essential for strong spiritual development. This book introduces these disciplines and provides biblical proofs as well as present-day illustrations to show how God uses them to increase our capacity for enjoying Him.
Published January 1st 2003 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about Intimate Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intimate Faith

Debi
Jul 20, 2013 Debi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: discipleship
This book is now on my list of all-time favorite books. An excellent book on growing in our relationship with God. It was timely for me and the things I'm considering with what is truly important in life and learning to trust that God is completely in control. Focusing on eternity and not just the here and now.

Quotes:
"We are impatient with unknowns.
Such is the strength of our culture. We thrive on the tenacity of medical researchers who resist the unknown with every atom of their beings. We buil
Beverly Steinhardt
good balanced teaching on spiritual disciplines. not just the standard lecture about fasting and tithing but also about silence and meditation
Lisa Cash
Sep 08, 2012 Lisa Cash rated it really liked it
So honestly? Most of the books that are chosen for women's bible study books are kind of boring and almost always poorly written. But this lady had me hanging on every word. She really had a beautiful voice and a fresh eye for the spiritual disciplines. For the first time in my life, I contemplated a voe of silence. Seriously.
Heather
Sep 19, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
It's been almost 10 years since I read this but I remember how deeply touched I was by it. It really spoke to my heart at the time and is a book I would most definitely like to revisit in the future. Now, in fact, would actually be a really good time. lol
Patricia Cash
Jul 16, 2014 Patricia Cash rated it it was amazing
A book to keep with you bible!
Stephanie
Mar 11, 2008 Stephanie rated it it was ok
Shelves: already-read
A very in-depth study of the disciplines a how they apply to every day life. Many good insights and lessons that I had never thought of. Some things I may never be able to do.
Melody
Dec 10, 2008 Melody rated it really liked it
I've read most of this before, during college, but at some point I stopped. I read it each morning during breakfast. Very enlightening, and very good.
May 29, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
Intimate Faith: A Woman's Guide to the Spiritual Disciplines by Jan Winebrenner (2003)
Heather
Mar 16, 2009 Heather rated it really liked it
Great book!
K
K marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Jeannette Green
Jeannette Green rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Stephanie Stear
Stephanie Stear marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Katie
Katie added it
Feb 22, 2016
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
emily
emily marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Bonnie Solensky
Bonnie Solensky rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Shannon
Shannon is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2015
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Brendan
Brendan rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Adalae
Adalae marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Jolene Wicks
Jolene Wicks rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2014
Misti
Misti rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2014
Sherrie Middleton
Sherrie Middleton marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Linda Miller
Linda Miller rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2013