Start by marking “Pandora's Curse” as Want to Read:
Pandora's Curse

Pandora's Curse (Philip Mercer #4)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  976 ratings  ·  21 reviews
During World War II, in a secret Nazi submarine base, containers crafted entirely from looted wartime gold were hidden away. The treasure was not the solid gold chests, but the cargo they carried--an artifact so lethal that whoever possessed "Pandora's boxes" held the power to unleash hell upon the Earth... In the unforgiving wastes of Greenland, geologist Philip Mercer un...more
Published September 1st 2001 by Onyx Books

To ask other readers questions about Pandora's Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pandora's Curse

Rita McDowell
Excellent and Extremely Interesting!

Strongly recommend this read to anyone who enjoys excitement! While maybe not historically correct, it will definitely tweak the imagination as to the possibility of what might have happened?? Excellent writing and well worth the time to read! Some characters will be loved and some?? Enjoy!
Kristin Lundgren
Nice entry in the Philip Mercer series, although this one takes place on the high seas, and you miss the supporting cast, although one of his later friends emerges this trip around. Set mostly in Greenland, with some high seas events, this one gave me a lot to think about, unusal in a thriller. For some reason, many of the things he was talking about resonated with me. But when the hero had to take action, it is an action book, and the consequences were grave - millions if not billions of lives...more
Shaft
This is the fourth outing of Phillip Mercer and a far more enjoyable romp than the previous book. The story is more interesting and the characters a little deeper. I agree with those who compare Du Brul favourably with Clive Cussler and so does the man himself it seems as they now work together. This is a return to form for Mercer and definitely worth a read.
Hristina Ivanova
I'm not a fan of Du Brul. At all. I don't like his way of writing and find his book utterly boring. I've given his pieces a try several times and none was a success, this one included.
Nigel
A really good read with strong characters if a little far fetched in places really liked it being set in Greenland as this added another dimension to the story
Tony Pucci
Fun read. The action moves quickly from one high note to the next. Lots of interesting narrative strings all eventually interwoven into an intriguing story.
Mason
Another winner from Jack DuBrul. This was a good adventure story. I have read the previous Phillip Mercer books and they get better with each one.
Hayley
The storyline was based upon good and interesting ideas but a bit too far-fetched. Good adventure as long as you put logic on a shelf.
Kazi Rafi
One of the best action/adventure novels I have read till date. Keeps you on the edge of your seat from the first page till the last !
Beth
Dec 26, 2010 Beth rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like action/suspense and want a quick read.
Had never heard of the author before I picked up to read and release, but really enjoyed this and will read more by the author.
Sheldon Lehman
Very well written story; again, I can see why Cussler wanted to team up with him. They are very similar in style.
Enoch
Mr. Mercer is not as good as Mr. Pitt. The characters were a bit choppy compared to Mr. Clive Cussler's characters.
Paul
A great thriller! Kind of unrealistic and extreme at parts, but had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through.
Karla
2nd novel I've read by this author. I liked it better than first - will need to read more of his.
Amanda
Totally unbelievable adventure, but fun in the Jack DuBrul style. Fun, mindless adventure.
Janine
Totally over the top just like an adventure movie where the hero survives everything.
Shawn
I really enjoyed this thriller by Jack. I hope to see a new book by him soon.
Mark
Mercer saves the day again...right up our Cussler/Rollins/Bell alley
Gary
Decent Mercer story but the first three were better.
Lisa
Listened to this with my son...definitely a 'guy' book.
Karlene Elliott-mclean
Suspenseful, intriguing, delightful.
Ray
Ray marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Aadiba
Aadiba marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
  • The Vault (Tyler Locke, #2)
  • Primeval (Event Group Adventure, #5)
  • Skeleton Coast (The Oregon Files, #4)
  • Pulse (Chess Team Adventure, #1)
  • Black Sun (Hawker & Laidlaw, #2)
  • Dourado
  • The Covenant Of Genesis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #4)
  • This Green Hell (Alex Hunter, #3)
Jack DuBrul is a New York Times Best-Selling Author from Vermont who writes techno thrillers. Recently, he has been co-authoring "The Oregon Files" novels with Clive Cussler, taking over from Craig Dirgo with the third novel.
More about Jack Du Brul...
Vulcan's Forge (Philip Mercer, #1) Havoc (Philip Mercer, #7) The Medusa Stone (Philip Mercer, #3) River Of Ruin (Philip Mercer, #5) Charon's Landing (Philip Mercer, #2)