Evidence of Mercy (Sun Coast Chronicles, #1)

Evidence of Mercy (Sun Coast Chronicles #1)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  1,355 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Action, suspense, romance, and the growth of Christian faith weave together in this first in a series of four novels by popular author Terri Blackstock.
Published February 23rd 2010 by Zondervan (first published November 6th 1995)

Carolyn E
Jan 09, 2012 Carolyn E rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Everyone
I would give this book 7 or 8 stars. It is a wonderful story as are all of Terri Blackstock's books. I am in the process of reading all of them. I have just finished the Cape Refuge series and am now reading the Sun Coast Chronicles series. I highly recommend these books.
Jill Bratcher
I haven't read many of Blackstock's books, but I have to say I almost appreciated the Afterword more than the book. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a page turner. But I appreciated her candor about her own faith walk (and previous inadequacy thereof).

I can't recall a book that starts out as a whodunit revealing the perp halfway thru before. Usually, you know - or think you know - from the beginning or you're trying to watch for clues and foreshadowing. Never seen a mix before.

Still, an enter...more
Doug
Blackstock never disappoints! This was a challenging novel to my sometimes complacent Christianity. Sometimes it is so easy to just drift along and not make a difference!
Pat
I like Terri Blackstock and this is a new series for me. It's a Christian law/detective novel. Lynda Barrett, busy attorney, has to sell her beloved airplane to cover the debt left by her father's death. Reluctantly she agrees to let Jake Stevens, shallow, handsome, carefree playboy and potential buyer, test flight her small Piper. While in the air they discover a mutual animosity that doesn't disappear when sabotage downs the plane. Jake wakes up in the hospital with a marred face, a missing ey...more
Ashley Dawn
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Lynda needs to sell her plane to settle some debts. Jake is the man wanting to buy it. When the two of them meet, neither really likes the other but a turn of events forces them closer than either ever suspected was possible.
I liked the plot line in this one. There were several subplots that were a part of the main plot that just made the story fly by! I loved Brianna! She was so sweet and innocent. The two detectives were intriguing. Lynda and Jake both had such...more
Marti
The title should have been a clue that this was Christian fiction, but the religious part was not overly intrusive. The plot is fairly simple--a private plane is sabotaged by the husband of Lynda Barrett's client, but she and the possible buyer escape--Jake with more serious wounds. Keith, the husband of Paige, and father of Brianna continues to try to kill Lynda. I felt that if Paige had told Lynda that Keith had been an aircraft mechanic in the Navy, the plot would have been different. Also, a...more
Kate Zubaly
want to read more of series
Sherry Jolly
Terri Blackstock is really wonderful at writing edge-of-your-seat thrillers which involve Christian characters.

Evidence of Mercy gets 4.5 stars from me. The main character is a lukewarm Christian lawyer who gets into a plane crash with an arrogant man who was planning to buy her plane. The story involves the changes they both go through during the ordeal, physically, mentally and spiritually.

I was able to tell "whodunit" right away - if you've read this book, let me know if it was evident to y...more
Jordan Hill
I really, really enjoyed this book. Not really the kind of book that I normally read, as I'm more a fan of science fiction and fantasy. However, this really drew me in. I didn't want to put it down. I finished it in a couple of days, and that was only because I started reading it fairly late at night and didn't want to stay up all night. It's a Christian book without pushing it in your face, which is something that I really like to see. Overall, I thought that it was excellent.
Anya
Terri Blackstock is a favorite author of mine and so far this is my most favorite of all I have read of her (at least 10?). A great story but most important, the gospel is fully there. The characters are believable and well developed. My favorite part was the end; the fact that is wasn't over when the bad guy was apprehended but she took you through the difficult process of closure and forgivness. Well done Ms. Blackstock!!! Crowns to cast at His feet sister.
Vicki
I'm fairly new to Terri Blackstock's books, having only read the Restoration series before this. Ms. Blackstock's stories are never dull but in addition to the mystery, they also have the
Christian theme in the character's acts, emotions and general overall character. I've never been exactly sure what I believe in and yet these stories touch me in a way that few have ever had the power to.
L
This was an exceptionally good novel by Terri Blackstock...sort of a James Patterson thriller without the bad language. An attorney becomes the target of a wife abuser whose wife the attorney is defending in a child custody suit. It was really a page turner, and the end demonstrates what forgiveness can look like, even when someone very evil has entered our lives and hurt those we love.
MM32
Enjoyed it from start to finish.
Pr Latta
This is a nicely plotted, evangelical thriller with a chaste romance. The suspense is not "who done it" but what is he going to do next? The various characters each have their own walk to faith, voicing with little subtlety the doubts and weaknesses many of us hold. The ending tackles the concept of forgiveness.
Lisa
This book does not disappoint...so far. I read the author's Cape Refuge series last year and really enjoyed it. This is a definite page turner. I finished this one within a few days of purchasing it and started on book 2 in the series. It's a good, quick summer read.
Tania
I was so excited to find a Terri Blackstock series I had not read! I enjoyed the relationships that were developed in this story. The twists and turns of the mystery were terrific. Another excellent title from Terry Blackstock!
Coleen Peterson
I stumbled upon this author somehow and really enjoyed this book. A mystery, which I love, from a Christian author but not too "preachy." I will pick up the second book in this series at the library tomorrow.
Fola
I really liked this book because you never quite knew what was going to happen. You would think one thing one moment and the next it would be totally changed. This is a wonder Christian fiction suspense!
Katherine
I really enjoyed this one. Some suspense and an interesting plot with a little (really, not a lot) of romance in the mix. I will be looking for more by this author, and I believe she has written quite a few!
Brooke
An excellent journey!!! I really enjoyed this book, it was easy to read (read in two days). Had lots of suspense and a little (clean) romance!! Refreshing!

Very good read!!
Carol Schultz
Very dramatic read and a good take a day off book. The subjects and topics are interesting but go too far to be realistic although the story is thought provoking.
Andrea
I loved this book! I loved the characters and the ending! I really enjoyed reading the back pages from the author explaining what inspired her to write the book.
Rebecca
I won't give this a bad rating, since I never actually finished it. It was just so whiney and soap opra dramatic. I just couldn't finish.
Jenny Shriver
I like how Blackstock takes the Bible and entwines it so effortlessly into real world situations through her characters.
Lauren
It was pretty good. pretty predictable but not bad. Book swapping with a friend on these books.
Marsha
Jul 11, 2008 Marsha rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marsha by: Theresa
Great reminder about living a fruitful Christian life rather than being stagnant in your faith
Candace
Christian suspense/mystery - heavy on faith in God and a good story to go along...
Pat
Great story with suspense, subtle romance, friendship and spiritual truths. Well done!
Rosemarie
Great book. Interesting plot, great character development, wonderful Biblical message.
Matt
Not bad, a great book to read if your struggling with the concept of forgiveness.
  • Seasons Under Heaven (Seasons #1)
  • Brink of Death (Hidden Faces Series, #1)
  • Flee the Night (Team Hope #1)
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • The Trial
  • Without a Trace (Rock Harbor Series #1)
  • The Great Divide
  • In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3)
  • False Witness
  • Tested by Fire
19811
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived...more
More about Terri Blackstock...
Night Light (Restoration #2) Last Light (Restoration, #1) Cape Refuge (Cape Refuge, #1) Southern Storm (Cape Refuge Series, #2) Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)