Start by marking “Evidence of Mercy (Sun Coast Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Evidence of Mercy (Sun Coast Chronicles, #1)

Evidence of Mercy (Sun Coast Chronicles #1)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,169 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
Action, suspense, romance, and the growth of Christian faith weave together in this first in a series of four novels by popular author Terri Blackstock.
Published February 23rd 2010 by Zondervan (first published November 6th 1995)

Carolyn E
Jan 09, 2012 Carolyn E rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I would give this book 7 or 8 stars. It is a wonderful story as are all of Terri Blackstock's books. I am in the process of reading all of them. I have just finished the Cape Refuge series and am now reading the Sun Coast Chronicles series. I highly recommend these books.
Jill Bratcher
Jun 04, 2010 Jill Bratcher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: terri-blackstock
I haven't read many of Blackstock's books, but I have to say I almost appreciated the Afterword more than the book. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a page turner. But I appreciated her candor about her own faith walk (and previous inadequacy thereof).

I can't recall a book that starts out as a whodunit revealing the perp halfway thru before. Usually, you know - or think you know - from the beginning or you're trying to watch for clues and foreshadowing. Never seen a mix before.

Still, an enter
Theresa
Jun 20, 2016 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one by Terri Blackstock!

Jake is self-assured, financially secure, confident with the ladies, and he takes pride in his red Porsche. An airline pilot, he knows there is just one thing he needs;

“...he tried to concentrate on the new toy he was going to buy – a Piper Arrow PA 28. Just what he needed to make life complete.

Once he had it, he would finally have everything he wanted.”

Lynda is selling her most treasured possession, a Piper Arrow PA 28, in order to meet her father’s debts tha
Joanie Bruce
Terri Blackstock is one of my favorite authors, and in my opinion, this is one of her better books. Even though this is one of her earlier paperbacks, I had not read it before now.

What I liked: The two main characters are both struggling with spiritual battles, and their victory over those battles is both enlightening and inspiring. Both Lynda and Jake see their own flaws and wrestle with themselves to improve their character. The way they grow from being arrogant, demanding, or insensitive to
Karen
May 26, 2014 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, fiction, genre
Being the first in a series I thought I would give this a try. What I wish had been on the explanation was that this is "god" book. Christian, faith based. At least with the Amish genre you know what you are getting. This one took me by surprise. I was too far in to it (wanted to know "who dun it") so I listened to the book.
If you are a Christian and live a faith based life you may enjoy this book.
Debbi
Dec 21, 2015 Debbi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know what to expect with this book, but I enjoyed it very much. I spent time reading when I should have been sleeping, but I couldn't stop reading. A good story!

"Lynda Barrett, a young lawyer, hates to sell her plane, but she can no longer afford to keep it. Enter Jake Stevens: wealthy, arrogant, and interested in buying Lynda's beloved Piper. Together, he and Lynda embark on a test flight that ends in disaster, hurling them into a terrifying sequence of events. One thing becomes clear:
Doug
Feb 10, 2012 Doug rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blackstock never disappoints! This was a challenging novel to my sometimes complacent Christianity. Sometimes it is so easy to just drift along and not make a difference!
Jennifer Robb
I think I might have read this book once before (before I started a Shelfari shelf) because I figured out who the culprit was long before it was revealed (earlier than usual--about halfway through the book). I still enjoyed the book though. I wish the book had split a little better in following the inner thoughts of Lynda and Jake/the spiritual journeys of each/their budding friendship and love and the Paige/Brianna/Keith storyline.

I like Terri Blackstock's books. She has a good blend of suspen
Jeanette
Oct 24, 2015 Jeanette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I liked that the author had the characters questioning faith and beliefs such as, were they a lukewarm Christian, how do you should God's for others, why does God let bad things happen, how do you forgive someone who has really hurt you. The way these questions where presented through out the story really got me thinking about what I believe. I really like when a fiction book gets me thinking about my life and how to live for Christ. In regards to the suspense story i ...more
Pat
Dec 12, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Terri Blackstock and this is a new series for me. It's a Christian law/detective novel. Lynda Barrett, busy attorney, has to sell her beloved airplane to cover the debt left by her father's death. Reluctantly she agrees to let Jake Stevens, shallow, handsome, carefree playboy and potential buyer, test flight her small Piper. While in the air they discover a mutual animosity that doesn't disappear when sabotage downs the plane. Jake wakes up in the hospital with a marred face, a missing ey ...more
Beth
May 05, 2015 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First in a series, a lot of character development with the emphasis on three characters plus a supporting cast. Good mystery plot with an interesting twist or two and the obligatory bad guy. Unfortunately the story is highly religious. Not my favorite type of story.

Overall a good enough story that I am willing to read the next story in the series (it came as a bundle).
Ashley Dawn
Jan 04, 2013 Ashley Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Lynda needs to sell her plane to settle some debts. Jake is the man wanting to buy it. When the two of them meet, neither really likes the other but a turn of events forces them closer than either ever suspected was possible.
I liked the plot line in this one. There were several subplots that were a part of the main plot that just made the story fly by! I loved Brianna! She was so sweet and innocent. The two detectives were intriguing. Lynda and Jake both had such
Jean D. Wagner
Jan 03, 2016 Jean D. Wagner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful love story between man and God

What a wonderful way to draw closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus. This book shows how God comes thru when we go thru trials and tribulations. How we need each other to navigate thru this world. What a wonderful book!
SS
Sep 21, 2015 SS rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really didn't care for this book. I work in the aviation industry and just couldn't get past the rather unlikely opening sequence of events. I stuck with it for a few more chapters, but the unrealistic beginning me kept me from being able to give the real storyline a chance.
Jane
Mar 26, 2016 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.00 stars - rated pg

I'm very slowly going through all my bookshelves and trying to catalogue books bought and read in years gone by. Stars and ratings are mere guesses at this point. I'm assuming I enjoyed the book at some point in my life?
Nicole Fentiman
Feb 18, 2015 Nicole Fentiman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing read! This book was impossible to put down. It spoke to me as a Christian without being at all preachy, and really held my attention. The characters were relatable, and the plot was interesting and suspenseful. I highly recommend this book!
Lisa Hoffe
Oct 11, 2014 Lisa Hoffe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. Somewhere between three and four stars - but maybe I'm just having a picky year with the books I read. I liked the characters - both seemed believeable in their evolution; I think it would have been more fun to spend a little more time in character development - but that said, I liked the length of the book. I would read this author again, for sure.
Laurie Penner
Oct 31, 2014 Laurie Penner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the way the author incorporated the character's overcoming of faults into the romance and suspense. This book made me want to read the others in the series, and they did not disappoint.
Marilyn
Aug 13, 2014 Marilyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesomeness

Awesomeness

I love Terry Blackstock. Full of mystery and a little romance. really enjoyed.didn't want to put it down. must read and Christ filled.
Marta Manzanares call
Excellent read. kept me enthralled

I really enjoyed this book. It kept me wondering about how things would work out. Good read for anyone who likes suspenseful books
Keisha
Jul 30, 2015 Keisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was a really good book. I loved how even though he hollered and through things at her Lynda didn't give up on Jake....and neither did Buzz and Allison......
Lois
Mar 30, 2016 Lois rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook. Nice narrator.

Inspirational romance/mystery. Good for the genre--didn't hit one over the head with religion.
Marti
May 20, 2013 Marti rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The title should have been a clue that this was Christian fiction, but the religious part was not overly intrusive. The plot is fairly simple--a private plane is sabotaged by the husband of Lynda Barrett's client, but she and the possible buyer escape--Jake with more serious wounds. Keith, the husband of Paige, and father of Brianna continues to try to kill Lynda. I felt that if Paige had told Lynda that Keith had been an aircraft mechanic in the Navy, the plot would have been different. Also, a ...more
Rebecca
Mar 20, 2016 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well written, great suspense. great way of delving into the mind of 4 different people.
Connie Hendryx
May 10, 2016 Connie Hendryx rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! But I wanted more, and then the book ended!! ARG! Luckily, it says this is the first in the series...I just hope the same characters are in future books!
Patt Landes
Apr 11, 2016 Patt Landes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book that was so hard to put down.

I enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!
Sarita
Terri Blackstock introduced me to Christian suspense and I always enjoy her books. This one was no different.

In this suspense however she revealed the bad guy early in the book, which was not expected but also added something different to the book since she gave the reader a bad man's point of view. With a twisted bad guy, the plane crash that kicked the story of with a bang, a heated child custody case as well as interesting characters who had to deal with the results of the plane crash, this w
Jaime
Jul 21, 2014 Jaime rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I really wanted to love this book. I read Terri's "Cape Refuge" series a couple years ago, and ADORED it. But this one...it just didn't stick with me. The main characters are good, but not incredible. I didn't care for the POV. But my main problem was that the villain was revealed so soon in the book. I love a good shocker, and this book didn't have it. No plot twists. The tension was minimal.

It was just...meh. Nothing special. Personal opinion. That being said, I do fully intend to read the ne
Kate Zubaly
Feb 06, 2014 Kate Zubaly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
want to read more of series
Sherry Jolly
Nov 26, 2008 Sherry Jolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-books
Terri Blackstock is really wonderful at writing edge-of-your-seat thrillers which involve Christian characters.

Evidence of Mercy gets 4.5 stars from me. The main character is a lukewarm Christian lawyer who gets into a plane crash with an arrogant man who was planning to buy her plane. The story involves the changes they both go through during the ordeal, physically, mentally and spiritually.

I was able to tell "whodunit" right away - if you've read this book, let me know if it was evident to y
  • Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • Brink of Death (Hidden Faces #1)
  • The Sacrifice
  • In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3)
  • False Witness
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • A Shred of Evidence (Seaport Suspense #1)
  • Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)
  • The Great Divide
19811
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived
More about Terri Blackstock...

Sun Coast Chronicles (4 books)
  • Justifiable Means ( Sun Coast Chronicles, #2)
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
  • Presumption of Guilt (Sun Coast Chronicles, #4)