Start by marking “Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)” as Want to Read:
Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)

Formula for Danger (Sonoma #2)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  122 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews

Someone wants dermatologist Rachel Grant's latest research, and they'll do anything to get it. Including trashing the plants needed for her breakthrough scar-reducing cream--and trying to run Rachel down. Desperate for help, she turns to Edward Villa, the only man she trusts. But the greenhouse owner knows too much about Rachel's research, and now he's a target, too. Break
Published September 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Formula for Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Formula for Danger

Martha Ramirez
Oct 25, 2010 Martha Ramirez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great suspense!

Someone wants dermatologist Rachel Grant's latest research, and they'll do anything to get it. Formula For Danger is a suspenseful story about a dermatologist who struggles to survive. And just when you think there's no room for suspense, Camy Tang hits you at the end.

The knockout ending will be sure to keep you turning the pages. She couldn’t have picked a better title! I enjoyed reading about Rachel's journey and was satisfied with the finale.

Loraine
SUMMARY: Someone wants dermatologist Rachel Grant's latest research, and they'll do anything to get it. Including trashing the plants needed for her breakthrough scar-reducing cream—and trying to run Rachel down. Desperate for help, she turns to Edward Villa, the only man she trusts. But the greenhouse owner knows too much about Rachel's research, and now he's a target, too. Break-ins, muggings, murder…the would-be thief is getting desperate—and getting closer. Edward vows to protect Rachel at a ...more
Judy
Jun 20, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd in a series, the first being Deadly Intent. These are very busy action packed books.

Rachel Grant is a Dermatologist at her dad's spa, Joy Luck Life. She is the oldest of three daughters and is always pushing herself to get her dads acceptance, but always falls short.

Edward Villa has a way with exotic plants and flowers at his greenhouses and is helping her with her special basil plants that she will be launching a cream to help with scars.

Edward was thinking of Rachel in more the
Melanie
Aug 23, 2011 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Someone is trying to harm Rachel Grant.

First, she is attacked and robbed outside her family's spa - then the greenhouse where she stores special plants for her new scar-reduction cream is broken into and trashed - and if that isn't enough, a car tries to run Rachel down when she is riding her bike.

I love reading 'Love Inspired Suspense' books because they are quick and easy to read, full of suspense, have romance, and are mostly clean. I've had this book on my shelf for awhile and since I had t
Judine
This is quite possibly the best of the Love Inspired Suspense books that I've read. I especially liked the fact that Edward and Rachel already knew each other when the book began (too often authors have the two people meeting within the book, which makes the whole thing feel a bit rushed). Along with that the tensions and misunderstandings between the couple feel real and natural, and are brought to a satisfying conclusion. Even the mystery twist surprised me, which is a bit unusual. Overall a f ...more
Lisette
Jun 30, 2011 Lisette rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I couldn't put it down. I was really surprised to find out who the "bad guy" was, she really had me at the edge of my seat, and the love story along with it was so sweet. I truly enjoyed it.
Holly
Dec 12, 2010 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Check out the review and giveway at www.favchristianbooks.com
Tina
Original post at One More Page

I've been reading a lot of fantasy and dystopia lately so I decided to take a bit of a break and go for a light and fluffy book just to cleanse the palate. I recently got Camy Tang's Formula for Danger through my Kindle, and I missed reading Camy's work, so I thought this would be a perfect in-between book.

Well, I think I may have chosen the wrong book! I'm not saying that because it's a bad book, but because Formula for Danger is anything but fluffy. Of course, I s
Lauralee Bliss
I have read Camy Tang before, and I really liked her writing style. So I began this book with great anticipation. It started off well enough for me. But by 2/3rds of the way through, I felt the author became too engrossed with telling suspense rather than telling a story and using suspense creatively and realistically to move the story. For a hero and heroine that has been run over, chased, poisoned, drowned, and shot at, the story left me absolutely breathless. And really, unable to believe or ...more
Mark Young
Skin cream can be a killer business in novelist Camy Tang’s world. This writer’s mystery novel—Formula For Danger just released this fall— ratchets up tension for dermatologist Rachel Grant in her research to create a scar-reducing cream in a ritzy Sonoma, California health spa. Danger ensues when someone seeks two things: Rachel killed and her skin cream formula seized at any cost.

In Camy’s second mystery thriller—a “love inspired suspense” published by Steeple Hill Books—we return to the Joy L
Sally
Jul 28, 2013 Sally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Formula for Danger
By: Camy Tang

If you like romance and suspense you will love this book by Camy Tang! Someone is trying to steal Rachel Grant’s scar-reducing cream formula and they will go to any length to get it, even killing people who get in the way. What can Rachel do to prevent them from getting it? Who can she trust? Edward Villa has agreed to watch out for her, but can Rachel trust him? Will she allow him to become a target?

Rachel is working to gain the approval of her father. He is hard
Julie Graves
Jan 08, 2013 Julie Graves rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, 2013-reads
Rachel Grant's latest research has her creating a skin cream to help remove scarring. Break-ins to the family spa and to the greenhouse that is raising the plants that she needs are just the beginning of the danger to come to Rachel and her family.

Edward Villa owns the greenhouses that are raising Rachel's Basil plants for her project. Edward has distanced himself from Rachel because of her workaholic ways, but when he realizes how much danger Rachel is in he steps in to protect her.

Everything R
Idawati Zhang
It was okay, I guess. But I think I like it better when Camy Tang writes chiclit. You know, that Sushi Series? This is her second book on romantic suspense, and I don't feel there's much improvement. And btw, that Horatio detective is so darn stupid. Really. No need a detective if he is useless. Still, I'm a fan. So I hope Camy would consider going back to write chiclit. Amen.
Barbara
Camy Tang's writing style is very enjoyable, and this one will keep you involved with the action. What lengths will someone go to in order to prevent a new product that promises to be innovative and lucrative from ever getting to market? That is the question Camy Tang poses in this mystery/romance. It is interesting to see how Rachel and Edward change during the course of the story. It also deals with greed and family relationships. The "villain", so to speak, was fairly predictable for me, but ...more
Jun 11, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book as a good, light, quick read. I liked the main characters, and really rooted for them, but I felt the bad guys lacked depth.

*I received this book as a prize for a contest win in a Goodreads group, but no review was required.
Shannah Mauney
Nov 11, 2013 Shannah Mauney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewd-on-blog
This book was absolutely fantastic. I loved the characters. Rachel reminds me of me. She starts off reserved, easily intimidated, and dedicated to her job. By the end of the book, she has begun a journey of change for the better. I love Edward's protective nature. He is independent and loyal.

I wish the story could have been longer! The action kicks off from the very first page of the book. I loved the mix of suspense and the romance between the characters. It was also nice to hear from Naomi an
Nancy Anderson
Liked Rachel's profession. Edward was more realistic than alot of heroes. 3.5 stars Food to see spiritual grwth n MCs.
The chasing & bad guys was a bit too improbable 4 me..got old & boring quickly!
Linda S Dunning
Oct 24, 2015 Linda S Dunning rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Love these Sonoma series. I love this story. God is in control. Love is unconditional. Ready for book 3. Have recommended this author to church library.
Judith
Apr 23, 2015 Judith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just how many times can professional thugs keep missing their targets?! And the religious aspect was over the top, too. This was just too unrealistic to be believable.
Christian Singer
Dec 15, 2014 Christian Singer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An action-filled book where the main character doesn't know who to trust, but that doesn't stop her from falling in love. Too much fun not too read.
Janet Valonis
Jan 27, 2016 Janet Valonis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this books, lots of action.
Janell
Oct 23, 2014 Janell rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, easy-to-read mystery although the storyline felt a little far-fetched.
Dee
Jan 07, 2013 Dee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: winner
The novel was OK.
I liked where the plot was going, but it turned out to be kinda anti-climatic.
The suspenseful scenes were rather sporadic.

The love story element needed a bit more development. I wanted to know more about their relationship!

If the novel was a little longer, I believe the afore mentioned issues would've been solved.

It was good for a quick read, and I do think I loke Camy's style. This was the first that I've read of hers, and I am open to reading more! :)

Brenda
Feb 15, 2011 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book fit the bill of "lite" reading for me. The story was smooth moving and very easy to understand. The author did follow the typical outline for a cozy mystery, but that was ok because she filled out the outline really well. I did find myself wanting to read to find out what was going to happen next. In the future I will seek out this author again.
Melissa
Aug 13, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Formula for Danger has a lot of characters involved in the story, and Camy manages to make them all interesting. I really liked the H/h story right away. What really made this read enjoyable for me was the setting. I've never been to Sonoma (I've been to the Napa area and so I kinda know the terrain) but I could imagine the hills and fields of vineyards.
Kandra
Jan 14, 2013 Kandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Camy Tang's book, Protection for Hire, and I'm looking forward to the second in that series. This book about Rachel and her sisters was okay, but the action was choppy and forced at times...I just couldn't get into it as much. Maybe if I had read the first book in this series I would have enjoyed it more.
I'm still a Camy Tang fan!
Catherine Richmond
You'd think a story in a spa in Sonoma, California would be relaxing... unless you're reading a romantic-suspense by Camy Tany. Rachel Grant is a researcher developing a scar reduction cream. Edward is the greenhouse owner growing the special plants she needs. Someone's out to kill for this formula.
Kristy
Dec 23, 2010 Kristy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little slow for me at first, but I was reading other things at the same time, so I don't want to place the blame on the book. The end picked up much faster and I sped through the last 3/4 of the book. Nice finish!
Rachel
Sep 19, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel was well-written, fast-paced, and suspenseful while at the same time having good, full character development. I truly liked it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Out of Time (Texas Ranger Justice, #6)
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Vanishing Act
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • Face of Danger
  • Mission: Out of Control (Missions of Mercy, #2)
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
  • Dead Reckoning (Holyoake Heroes, #3)
291940
Camy writes Christian romantic suspense and contemporary romance as Camy Tang and Regency romance under her pen name, Camille Elliot. She grew up in Hawaii but now lives in northern California with her engineer husband and rambunctious dog. She graduated from Stanford University in psychology with a focus on biology, but for nine years she worked as a biologist researcher. Then God guided her path ...more
More about Camy Tang...

Sonoma (6 books)
  • Deadly Intent (Sonoma, #1)
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma, #3)
  • Narrow Escape (Sonoma, #4)
  • Treacherous Intent (Sonoma, #5)
  • Gone Missing (Sonoma, #6)