A Valentine's Kiss

A Valentine's Kiss

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  20 reviews
This Valentine's day Imogen is going to meet the man of her dreams, ifonly she can discover who he isAt a gloriously over-the-top house party in the balmy South of France, trainee chef Imogen finds herself playing blind man's buff with a host of impossibly handsome men, whenone of them kisses her. It's the most perfect kiss she's ever experienced in her short—and frankly,...more
Published January 20th 2011 by Ebury Press

Chanpreet
Imogen is a young girl who's lost in the middle of her family. She's the odd one out, physically and mentally. She's used as unpaid help for her brothers and sisters. Her mother Elsa Peach, is an artist who values creativity above all things. And she hates cooking. Elsa hasn't cooked since the day her husband walked out on her, so Imogen has hidden her affinity for cooking and food from her. Imogen is given the chance to go to France and cook, and she takes it.

Shy Imogen is trying hard to prove...more
Chloe
Imogen is feeling a bit trapped looking after her brothers and sisters at home in England, so when she is offered the chance to go and live in France and work as a trainee chef, she grabs it with both hands. She soon finds herself settling in in France, making brand new friends and enjoying life again. But when her American friend Bunny throws a lavish party and the guests all play Blind Man’s Buff, Imogen gets kissed and she can’t believe that it’s the best kiss she’s ever had. The only problem...more
Hannah Maskell
I loved this book, the character imogine really is a romantic. Her valentines kiss really does lead her off on an amazing story, all the characters were interesting and funny! from the crazy americans to the local french residents and of course her friends back home. Lucie Harts descriptions of the french coast made me want to move to france myself with the beach, book shops and patisseries! along with the romantic french atmosphere that she presents she not only relates to love itself but to th...more
Romy Sommer
This is more a journey of self-discovery than a romance, but the romantic elements (the whodunit portion of the novel) are what kept me turning the pages.

I love stories in which a repressed, taken-for-granted heroine discovers her true potential, so of course I loved this story.

There were times when I felt the story lagged, but I read it all in one sitting, which can't be bad!

With a de-light-ful cast of secondary characters, numerous references to my favourite author (Georgette Heyer) and some...more
Jenny
There are times when the story shows great promise but as it goes on, the hunt for the mystery man becomes more and more frustrating, and when their identity is revealed, it feels like a disappointment. The mystery man hardly factors in the story and the author hasn't really depicted him well as a character that as a reader, I was indifferent to him being revealed as the mystery of the man. Also, whilst I respect Imogen's new found freedom, her frequent urge to strip off whenever near the water...more
Jirinka (sony08)
I loved this book. It is a chick-lit, but a clever one.
It's not your usual girl meets boy and at the end kiss and make up.
Imogen leaves her demanding sibling in London and moves to southern France to start working as a kitchen assistant to pursue her dream of becoming a chef.
She meets all sorts of new friends and at a party whilst playing Blind Man's Bluff she is kissed - but it's a kiss that she can't forget.
The game than starts as she tries to find the man that swept her of her feet with tha...more
Danielle
Ok so I have never read any books by Lucie Hart before, and I was so excited to read one of her books.

And I loved it, i love the front cover, makes you feel very warm, and I love the writing style which is also warm and funny, I loved the chrachters and settings.

This book is a chick lit, but its a clever one its not the usual where girl meets boy, and at the end kiss and make up......Won't tell you the rest of the story as that would be unfair on people who don't like spoilers.

I will definetl...more
Amanda Jane
Aimée
I picked this book up for £1 in the supermarket that I work at. Considering how naff the cover looked, I thought to myself; "Why not? It's only a quid."

I wasn't expecting 'A Valentine's Kiss' to be a great read... But I loved it! In my opinion, it wasn't your usual chick-lit where boy-meets-girl, and they all live happily ever after.

It was full of adventure, the characters were great and the use of Français in the book gave it that extra touch. If you're up for a laugh, I highly recommend this b...more
Amoena
I quite enjoyed this book. It was fun to read how Imogen changed through the book and how she eventually solved who the mystery kisser was. I was disappointed thought that it took a long time before the kiss even happened, and then it was pretty obvious (at least for me) who it was! I wished she'd been more doubtful about him. After all, he did sound like a stalker... a crazy talker. Apart from that I enjoyed this book. I liked the characters, especially the heroine, and the plot too.
Kathy
I loved the setting of this book - it made France so romantic. It was a wonderful twist on romance - romance mixed with a who-dunnit but not about murder - the heroine has to work out who gave her the kiss that changed her life. A great read.
Janet
this is the book I won from Goodreads....

The main character is a born romantic!!
If you love chuck lit ,you'll love the book
Sallie
really did enjoy this book...but...did find it very slow in places and kept thinking a bit more oomf please!
Samantha Price
A great story - Ideal Holiday /Beach reading.

I really enjoyed this and would recommend it.

Kerri
Pleasant read, think the ending could have been a bit longer but a good read on a summers day
Thanusya shanmuganathan
was a fun novel to read. loved the way the author portrayed the characters.
Maria Alford
Really enjoyed this read, thank you so much for the book :)
Aileen
I loved this book, from start to finish, would recomend.
Anne Jaggs
Really enjoyed this book -
Nahla
nice smooth girly novel
Samantha Rickeard
Samantha Rickeard marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Jenger
Jenger marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Louise Jones
Louise Jones marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Denise
Denise added it
Jun 29, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

“Believe me, I know. The moment you open yourself to somebody else emotionally, it's just one big mess. Much better to be a great big horny slut and keep it all simple and clean.” 6 likes